Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Marquez vs Pacquiao

Since the other one was closed I thought I'd leave this here for a little bit of discussion should it interest anyone.

First time Marquez put him down was a bit of a WUT moment, totally out of the blue

Second time I thought Pacquaio was dead! I've not seen a boxing punch like that thrown in a long time, last time probably being when Pacman done it to Hatton. Saw people saying on Twitter Pacquaio should have won... WHUT, he was knocked the fuck out, how can you possibly claim that?!

Still don't think Marquez won the first three fights though.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Just solidifies styles make fights. I thought marquez won the fight before this, but this one HOLY SHIT that knockout. I'm still hyped up after watching that!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Pacquaio was going to win, he was doing so well too, he managed to knock Marquez down and had momentum... that punch that KO'd him was insane though.

The knockdown on Marquez wasn't that great compared to Pac's first KD, it was an absolute bomb! I was surprised Pac got up so quickly in all honesty, he was caught so flush and the punch had all the momentum coming through. I believe I heard one of the commentators say "Well, it looks as though that punch came from the back of the room"!

The second one though, it was just Manny getting cocky and thinking he had worn him down. It was as if he was just expecting Marquez to go down anyway, he said in the post fight interview that he thought he'd caught him and was getting too overconfident, never even saw the punch coming. He looked pretty shocked as he watched it again.

His wife was fucking distraught, it was a shame for her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Since the other one was closed I thought I'd leave this here for a little bit of discussion should it interest anyone.

First time Marquez put him down was a bit of a WUT moment, totally out of the blue

Second time I thought Pacquaio was dead! I've not seen a boxing punch like that thrown in a long time, last time probably being when Pacman done it to Hatton. Saw people saying on Twitter Pacquaio should have won... WHUT, he was knocked the fuck out, how can you possibly claim that?!

Still don't think Marquez won the first three fights though.

was a great fight and a great KO

first 2 fights could of gone either way 3rd fight was defo a win for marquez

all the pactards will pipe up saying lucky punch etc etc whilst all the mayweather fans are saying told you he was all hype!

no mayweather pac fight makes me sad but the last 3 pac fights prove he wouldnt scratch mayweather also cant wait to see what that annoying skip bayless has to say after all of his constant pacman dick riding

I don't think he's all hype, but he's not all he's cracked up to be. I don't for a second think it's the sort of punch Mayweather would ever have been caught with, but again I don't think it's the sort of punch he'd have landed either. In all honesty if the fight ever were to happen I think it'd be boring as shit. Two boxing styles which completely clash, it'd be 12 rounds of Mayweather not being hit by a big shot and throwing a few combos here and there, Pacquaio throwing 1930741749817 punches but not dropping Mayweather.

He got up from the first knockdown pretty easily, but the second one was him running into it sadly... would have knocked anyone out.

It's a shame, because Pac was winning by 2-3 points, definetly need a rematch, otherwise Marquez fans won't shut the fuck up until he gets knocked out himself.

I for one hope there isn't a rematch. As you said, the Marquez fans won't shut the fuck up about it until he's been knocked out himself, but on the other hand if there is another fight the Pacquiao fans will claim this one was just a lucky punch and harp on about it for years. Marquez supporters will then claim that the Pacquaio punch was lucky and it'll just repeat itself.

After 4 fights there is no real way to seperate the two, having them fight again is just pointless unless it's purely for financial gain.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why there was a fourth fight I mean what did Manny have to gain from it. He already beat the guy 3 times before tonight what was the point besides money thou I did hear he is bad on finances which is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    I don't think he's all hype, but he's not all he's cracked up to be. I don't for a second think it's the sort of punch Mayweather would ever have been caught with, but again I don't think it's the sort of punch he'd have landed either. In all honesty if the fight ever were to happen I think it'd be boring as shit. Two boxing styles which completely clash, it'd be 12 rounds of Mayweather not being hit by a big shot and throwing a few combos here and there, Pacquaio throwing 1930741749817 punches but not dropping Mayweather.
    Its why I never understand people thinking that Manny would knock out Mayweather. Thats insane. Mayweather never gets a hard blow, let alone one that can KO him. If they ever did fight his defense would win out, its unparalleled. I think a lot of people hate him cause of his attitude and the fact hes so overly defensive. But you have to admit its practically unbeatable, and this far its held up. Maybe with this loss Manny will agree to the fight by taking less money since hes now clearly the lower ranked fighter, I doubt it but I can still hope.

Manny fanboys out in force "but he's the better fighter" etc. Who gives a FUCK?! He got full of himself mid fight and lost. Mayweather gets cocky in a fight and still barely takes a punch.

He's arrogant and he's a pain in the arse, but the guy is the most technically able boxer I've ever seen. Defensively, at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad Marquez didn't leave it in the hands of the judges this time. He has now beat Manny two fights in a row which should put the "Manny is the best fighter in the world" argument out of its misery considering it hasn't been true in years. The folks thinking Manny is the best is just like the people claiming Fedor was the best when Fedor hadn't fought a single legit opponent in literally 6 years. Maybe this will help get the ball rolling on the Manny/Floyd fight we should have had 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I don't get why there was a fourth fight I mean what did Manny have to gain from it. He already beat the guy 3 times before tonight what was the point besides money thou I did hear he is bad on finances which is insane.
    Money mostly, but also because the last decision was such a sham so both guys had something to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I'm glad Marquez didn't leave it in the hands of the judges this time. He has now beat Manny two fights in a row which should put the "Manny is the best fighter in the world" argument out of its misery considering it hasn't been true in years. The folks thinking Manny is the best is just like the people claiming Fedor was the best when Fedor hadn't fought a single legit opponent in literally 6 years. Maybe this will help get the ball rolling on the Manny/Floyd fight we should have had 3 years ago.

Money mostly, but also because the last decision was such a sham so both guys had something to prove.
    Marquez didn't even realize he could knock Manny out, he was as surprised as the world when he went down so please don't give me that you're glad he didn't leave it in the hands of the judges... his intention wasn't even to knockout, just a hard counter. He threw an intentional counter with his eyes closed and it landed, it would've taken any person down, the main reason it knocked manny down was because he ran into it, not because Marquez is a beast at punching, because he's not.

What's the knockdown rate now? 5-2? Pretty sure Pac is still ahead in wins and knockdowns, and was leading the fight by two points. inb4 hurr durr I had Marquez winning all 3 and this knockdown proves it.
    Manny fanboys out in force "but he's the better fighter" etc. Who gives a FUCK?! He got full of himself mid fight and lost. Mayweather gets cocky in a fight and still barely takes a punch.

He's arrogant and he's a pain in the arse, but the guy is the most technically able boxer I've ever seen. Defensively, at least.
    Yeah because he's not someone who avoids good fights like the plague, Mayweather isn't like Marquez, just because he's good vs Pac doesn't mean Mayweather will be... he can't handle constant attack, and Manny is a southpaw who loves to start the attack. Lets not forget Mayweather isn't a knockout kinda guy, he's accurate, but power? Nah.

There's a big difference between Manny getting cocky and Mayweather... One goes on the attack while the other puts his glove to his face and avoids, two different fighters vastly... anyways remember Cotto vs Mayweather? Or Shane Mosely nearly dropping him also? And you think he'll avoid an onslaught from a southpaw who has the stamina to fight every round for 3 mins? Mayweather is an exceptional fighter, although boring to watch a lot of the time, but he's not the same as Marquez, he's not a warrior, he goes full defense A LOT, and that has never helped anyone vs Manny. You need to counter aggressively, which Mayweather won't.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2012-12-10 at 12:04 AM.

Now you see why Bob Arum never wanted a fight with Mayweather. He knew that there was a good chance that Floyd would end Manny's run and that would end his cash cow.

Freddie Roach said it best that Manny wants to do what Manny wants to do. He is no longer training him and Manny is just training himself and has cost him in his last 3 fights. Manny said he wants to keep fighting but I don't see it with Freddie as his trainer if Manny doesn't get back to being the student and not the teacher.

Manny Made 25 million from PPV.. how much did he make in Vegas betting against him self?
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    Now you see why Bob Arum never wanted a fight with Mayweather. He knew that there was a good chance that Floyd would end Manny's run and that would end his cash cow.

Freddie Roach said it best that Manny wants to do what Manny wants to do. He is no longer training him and Manny is just training himself and has cost him in his last 3 fights. Manny said he wants to keep fighting but I don't see it with Freddie as his trainer if Manny doesn't get back to being the student and not the teacher.
    The reason the fight ain't happening is Mayweather, he's been offered so many times, even with 45-55 split and his terms... he wants to keep the 0 on his record, and knows with the aggression Pac brings, his chance of losing is the biggest he'll have faced.

Also; 4th fight Manny looked exceptional, he did get knocked down, but it didn't effect him and he was up instantly. The performance he was giving was great, he made one mistake out of eagerness and it cost him the fight... pretty sure if that didn't happen Marquez was finished.

tl;dr; manny looked great, beside being KO'd he performed the best he had out of all recent fights, and was dominating Marquez 2 points up. I'd prefer to see Manny destroy Marquez before he fights Mayweather.

nd has cost him in his last 3 fights
    Manny outboxed Marquez in fight 3, compubox proves it easily, not to mention Marquez laying off in the final rounds. Lastly, if you honestly believe Timothy Bradley, the joke of the fighter he is, actually beat Pacquiao then you're on serious drugs. A close fight I can understand a difference in opinion, but bradley got fucked, heck he ran so much he fucked both his legs.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2012-12-10 at 12:21 AM.

Deleted
    Manny is overrated in my oponion. He got a boostet record and haven't really boxed well during the last 5 years. Hes style is very odd and most quality fighters will put him down.

While i do agree that Manny is not that great of a fighter i will say that Marquez got lucky though... Manny can take a hit. and while that was a Very VERY strong punch straight to his face i dont think Marquez should have won and got very lucky. All my opinion obviously but i think they should fight 1 more time once manny wakes up a lil bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    Manny is overrated in my oponion. He got a boostet record and haven't really boxed well during the last 5 years. Hes style is very odd and most quality fighters will put him down.
    Most quality fighters will put him down? Implying he hasn't faced many quality fighters already and not been taken down until just now, do you even know what you are talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    Most quality fighters will put him down? Implying he hasn't faced many quality fighters already and not been taken down until just now, do you even know what you are talking about?
    Manny Pacquaio wasn't undefeated, even before this. Not saying he's not a great boxer, but he's not undefeated. You may be thinking of Floyd Mayweather.