High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Algalon Solo help...

I was running ulduar today and I managed to unlock him, but he always cast heavens...I know i'm not hitting the berserk timer! I looked it up and it looks like it has something to do with big bang, but i'm not sure! Someone said in the wowhead comments you need to soak it up, no idea what that means or if its correct...SO how would I go about stopping him from using heavens? Any help would be appreciated lol

ps. I'm a 480ilvl frost dk in blood spec

10+ Year Old Account
    When he has no target he will cast Ascend to the Heavens which wipes the raid and resets the encounter.
    You are getting phase punched which if I recall correctly moves you into the phased world for a few seconds, this will be what is causing him to lose target and cast Ascend to the Heavens.

You can try have the ghoul soak it, only thing i can think of

10+ Year Old Account
    frost dk in blood spec
    Wait what?

Anyways, Big bang is a skill which requires you to use a defensive CD. AMS/IBF or whatever you got in there ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

You are probably getting phased out by having too many (I think 5) stacks on you, as Akinaria pointed out. Basically if you can't zerg him before you reach that 5 stacks, you can't solo it. He requires someone to be in his realm at all times or it's over. It's been a long time since I really played my DK and IDK if Army or the ghoul would pull threat/hold agrro off of you to give you time to nuke him down but if not you'd have to either bring in a second person or just zerg it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmm, well im seeing alot of videos of him being solo'd...so there has got to be a way! Just not seeing it lol...the video I watched was a hunter, but he didn't explain anything err

Deleted
    You need to maximize the amount of time you spend without the stacks, as in, have your army/ghoul tank it for a while, and do not overaggro them. If you have good enough dps, this should work it's way around the stacks. (assuming you're getting close to killing him before getting phase punched)

Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    hmm, well im seeing alot of videos of him being solo'd...so there has got to be a way! Just not seeing it lol...the video I watched was a hunter, but he didn't explain anything err
    I used to solo it on my Hunter at 85 by having my pet tank him until four stacks, then dismissing that pet and summoning a new one to take four stacks and repeating until Algalon was dead. But since he's a boss your Army of the Dead won't taunt him so you just have to zerg him before you reach five stacks.

Also, I'm still confused as to what a "frost DK in blood spec" means. Those are two different specs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Also, I'm still confused as to what a "frost DK in blood spec" means. Those are two different specs.
    I guess I could of worded it differently, I raid as a frost dk...I switch to blood for soloing, therefore using my dps gear in blood and not tanking gear...so I do more dps than someone with dodge and parry on their gear.