What makes this class magical

So today there was a dk on trade asking for a dalaran portal. I thought: this is my chance, now or never.
    I invited the guy, asked for the usual 50g tax. "w/e bro just port me"
    After getting the gold i opened an Ancient Portal to Dalaran. Yes, the one for dalaran's crate.
    I said "you're welcome" while seeing him disappear into the nether. A few seconds later..."wtf" *splash* he dies.
    I leave the group. He invites me back.
    "What happened bro?"
    "Dude, wrong portal"
    I teleport there.
    "Damm, what happened to Dalaran? Let me try again"
    I open another Ancient Portal to Dalaran. He takes it. He dies again.
    I feel bad for the guy. I open a portal to real Dalaran.
    "thanks bud"

This class just makes me so happy. From conjuring food, to shooting balls of fire, blinking and sheeping stuff. This moment, however, was the sweetest.

Off topic, but 50g tax? Really?

Hilarious regardless. Especially that they fell for it twice. You'd think they'd learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Off topic, but 50g tax? Really?

Hilarious regardless. Especially that they fell for it twice. You'd think they'd learn.
    Yeah, I got it couple weeks ago. Got one of my officers to come over to it and take it. He died and was like "Wtf it glitched or something?" I was like "Yeah that is really weird...sorry let's try it again." He took it again and died. My laughing over skype gave it away.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Thought there was only a teleport to ancient Dalaran, not a portal?
    After getting the teleport you can buy the port in dal

10+ Year Old Account
    Id do that to a friend, not some random person from trade, 50g and repairs seems a bit of a dick move.
    Still funny, but i wouldnt count on it lasting, they added parachutes to 2 person mounts to stop this kind of thing .

I hate that spell. A Mage in our raid likes to use it and see who's dumb enough to take it without looking first. I learned the first time, and I don't take ANY portals to Dalaran unless I saw them cast it (it'll tell on their cast bar that it's an ancient portal). I don't need to go to Dalaran anyway, but when I do, I ask someone I trust.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Id do that to a friend, not some random person from trade, 50g and repairs seems a bit of a dick move.
    Still funny, but i wouldnt count on it lasting, they added parachutes to 2 person mounts to stop this kind of thing .
    They won't add parachutes to ancient Dalaran. The whole point of the spell is to kill unsuspecting players.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do i get the feeling most mage players are more twisted than lock, rogue or DK player...

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post

He was a DK...takes a couple hits to get the hint.

This is hilarious. Well done on getting him to fall for it again (and paying you 50 G for the opportunity to fail x2). Blizz did a really good job with mages. Mine has been my main for years and years and I still love it. I feel magical and powerful and it is a ton of fun! Ports, food, polymorphing, blinking, shields and hurling massive fireballs around *drool*

Rule of thumb, never ask for a specific amount, i just say tips are welcome, I've got 500g tips from people who have been waiting a while, and dont fuck people over that tip you. Save the ancient port for people who don't tip.

Quote Originally Posted by huntypus View Post
    Rule of thumb, never ask for a specific amount, i just say tips are welcome, I've got 500g tips from people who have been waiting a while, and dont fuck people over that tip you. Save the ancient port for people who don't tip.
    For me it's the opposite. I don't like the concept of "pay your own price" in general so I always agree upon a fee for any work that I do or have done in WoW.

Deleted
    Would have been funny if you didn't take a 50g tax for killing him. That makes you an idiot not a funny guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Why do i get the feeling most mage players are more twisted than lock, rogue or DK player...
    That's what years of being called a vending machine does to a person.
    BfA Beta Time