Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    - We got SI:7
    - We got Night Elves
    - We got Draenei (who are immortal lorewise, so suck that!)
    - We got Worgen, plus an awesome startingarea
    - An entire city and startingzone ON A TREE!!!
    - Our symbol is a freakin' lion
    - We got some of the most iconic Lore-figures
    - Even though he's a bit weird now, we got Lo'gosh, from the comics!

Myriad male Night Elf hunters with hackneyed variations of the name Legolas.

Oh wait, you said "cool."

Deleted
    Well, The alliance got a very rich lore in wow. The fight for a commond goal, while the horde only stick togetter because they need to " the enemy of my enemy is my friend" But look lately, this is what the horde is, a rassist bastard, who gladly will banish the trolls and even get Vol'jin assissnated because he does not agree with garrosh, and he does not care what happen to the blood elf in dalaran as long he can hit the night elfs. so the horde is mainly all about hatress, and the rasisme there is, how the orcs do not care (beside thrall) about anything beside them.

So what does the alliance have to offer? like i said they have a very rich lore, mainly everything neutrall in wow, was alliance untill blizzard decied to rape everything in the lore so in-game the hordes could be there. The alliance fight because they have to, Look at 5.1 The alliance is the Shield, they protect and want to be of a aid to the world, while the horde is " Domination " they want to take over everthing, because they can.
    so what is cool? we will get Dalaran back(finaly) to the alliance, that means 2 giant flying things(dalaran and the skybreaker) is on the alliance side. And wow lore, could pretty much be done without the horde, but not the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance will never be cooler then the horde.

But that doesn't mean they don't have things I like. Worgen for one are a fun race to play as, since they look so out of place with the other allies. Dwarves are fun with there heavy drinking, barrel gun shooting ruckus. And they have draenei, which kind of like sushi is an acquired taste, but I like them.
    They also have iron forge which is a great city, just a shame its not got magni anymore and instead his fat cow daughter.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    - We got SI:7
    - We got Night Elves
    - We got Draenei (who are immortal lorewise, so suck that!)
    - We got Worgen, plus an awesome startingarea
    - An entire city and startingzone ON A TREE!!!
    - Our symbol is a freakin' lion
    - We got some of the most iconic Lore-figures
    - Even though he's a bit weird now, we got Lo'gosh, from the comics!
    Hehe, we have forsaken, our own version of immortality.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Go to Darkshore, then do some quests, you'll get to wipe a troll village.
    Make a worgen and play the starting zone.

Ok, done? Good, you've finished what's cool about playing Alliance.

Now read the books, the coolness of the Alliance is in there.

Having played both factions extensively. Here's what I think it's cool about the Alliance:

1. The races are very united, giving the ALLIANCE the true sense of the word. With the horde, the races are together mainly due to convenience (undead, belfs), greed (goblins), and old pacts that are breaking apart (trolls).

2. Stormwind is much better designed than Org. The multi-layered mess of Org is a pain in the ass to navigate, especially for lowbies if they don't have a flying mount.

3. The original Onyxia attunement quest. That quest was EPIC Alliance-side.

4. Gilneas. Unfortunately Blizz decided to make it a starting zone only. It would have been awesome if it was made into a city.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Alliance will never be cooler then the horde.
    haha i some how knew you would say that but it is fun, for i feel the other way around, Horde will never be cooler then the alliance
    for even tho i love the look of trolls, and their entire culture, and i like taurens, how they are live in a very balanced way with nature

best part is indeed the worgen start area where they have this quest where you need to fight to gain control over the city .

can really be a pain in the a.. cause it resets , and resets , and resets and there is no way out .

Deleted
    I have alwaysed faved Alliance over Horde since the start, not that I don't like Horde, I just fancy Alliance a bit more; they have dwarves (first race I ever played) which is just badass. They have the original paladins (I guess, since in vanilla was Ally only) and many great lore figures. And gnomes, I seriously don't know why people hate them, think they are so damn awesome. xD (People must be jelly ~)
    Also, love blue more then red, so one reason, and the lion icon is just awesome. And I know I will be flamed for saying this; but think Alliance have more the good over them, stalward defenders and knights, while Horde stand for the more evil, brutish and dominating way (I know they are supposed to be 'equal in good and evil', but even now I still see it a bit like this), and I have alwaysed loved knights and alike over the more barbaric clans and people what Horde stand for.

Would say there is a lot of cool stuff in Alliance, as there is in Horde, it's all about your own opinion what you think is cool. As Trassk said will I say on the contreary; Horde will never be cooler then Alliance. ;D

1. Human Racial is OP.
    2. I don't mind their transportation from the cities.
    3. There is no three, that is it :P

Deleted
    Let me Rephrase What´s so Cool about the more Barbaric,Bloodthirsty Horde...

everytime ive looked at models ive always found alliance to be lacking. it would seem orcs/tauren/trolls/etc have much better features/graphics than alliance characters(could be because alliance has the shortest models bar night elves?)

Deleted
    The alliance is a shield they fight for the things they love and think whats right they are united , just like wrynn sed `a bundle of sticks isnt easly broken` something the horde lacks of lately because they are just rampaging morons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    -i mean weve got lo'gosh O-O

-the alliance is like a tight cohesive wall they stand united and impenetrable and march forward.

-plus SI7 is way cooler then anything the hordes got
    -Lo'Gosh can't properly lead the Alliance, as is stated by Wrathion. Besides, we got a dead elf and a cow-man while u got 2 human races who have a growing disorder.

-Yet as devided the Horde is, we still kick your asses

- the Forsaken Plague itself is way cooler than your dumb spies.

10+ Year Old Account
    EMFH

literally the only reason i'm human, tempted to go back undead anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Been Alliance since Vanilla. Lack of important character progressive lore. Motivation to play as Alliance is low, because of the constant bashing by Blizzard (watch any live event by Blizzard int he past 4 years). The only reason I'm still Alliance, is I don't want to contribute to the ever reducing Alliance population.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Deleted
    The only cool alliance is either a frost DK or a frost mage : /

Deleted
    The cool thing about Alliance is that we dont have that much players that ar totally .... off on there own faction.
    Dedication is good but it has to stay on a normal level

10+ Year Old Account
    alliance sucks...... how smart of a contribution... fits the bill, i have to say...

Playing both sides, and on multiple realms.
    The key differences are:

1. Architecture...
    With the exception of Silvermoon City all Alliance Cities, Towns, and Settlements are better to look at architectural, and are usually also much better organized.
    SMC can stand up to the beauty factor, however it's remote location seals it's destiny, much like Exodar on Alliance side.

2. Races...
    Someone said it already, Alliance feels like what the name says... Allied... It's not a bunch of races thrown together, and everyone essentially minding their own business, ready to stab the other guy in the back, if it gives an advantage. In esthetic comparison, Alliance takes the cake too. Their classes are just easier to the eyes.

3. Story content....
    As someone who does play both sides, I see imbalance in the outcome of things, yes that's there. But in amount of content there isn't really imbalance.
    And even though, Horde may have the better end on some quest chain. It's more than often that the Alliance part of a quest chain is a lot more interesting and fun.

4. Social aspect....
    Sigh... this is it now. The community..
    Starting with the worst... Total Assholes, douche bags, jerks. First class even. You find them on either side. Beyond that, I have to say that Alliance side is just having a higher amount of very mature, polite people. If you value that, you are really better off with Alliance. If you don't care, then it's either way.
    I mean the contributions in the thread here already confirm it to some degree.
    Empty phrases, stupid remarks pro horde.
    That's a reflection of a large portion of the horde population. Unfortunately it's the majority.
    There are nice people too on Horde side, but it takes time to find them. they are rare. A lot rarer than on Alliance side.

Deleted
    Killing Horde.