Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Alliance don't have to navigate the undead toilet known as undercity.

That alone makes Alliance > Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    dwarves... that's about it. Humans maybe, but the other races are pretty lame. But as a lifelong Horde, I kinda want to roll up in Ironforge and drink and be Gimli.
    Dwarves are the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is whats cool about the alliance

http://www.wowpedia.org/John_J._Keeshan

and I hope they put him somewhere in that siege of Orgrimmar

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    this is whats cool about the alliance

http://www.wowpedia.org/John_J._Keeshan

and I hope they put him somewhere in that siege of Orgrimmar
    Daily quest to deliver severed Orc heads to him for temporary buffs in the Siege of Orgrimmar patch would be great.

Deleted
    Having played both sides throughout my time in wow I can safely say I prefer the horde. The Alliance do get the "prettier" races but the only one I could stomach playing was a draenei.

I found after a while that their "holier than thou" attitude began to grate and was nothing more than transparent posturing. The horde just has a more appealing story of a band of unlikely groups coming together to survive. The style, the look, the sounds, they're all so much cooler than the Alliance.

The only thing I miss about the Alliance is starting AV with a bridge.

Edit: Also to respond to an earlier poster who suggested Horde are more immature. In my experience you're wrong. It depends more on server than faction.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Incorrect. Nobody's allowed to be the "good guys" or the "bad guys" anymore. Everyone has to be a shade of grey

The first person to mention the number '50' in response to my post gets shot.
    Oh, horde defender's up. Well then, you're dark grey with nukes, murder, betrayal and internal strife and Alliance is bright shining grey: united and protecting their own and neutrals from madmen killers. Good for you?

The cool thing about the alliance is that you get to play a faction that doesn't consist of baboons who say stuff like "lok'tar ogar" or whatever without blushing in embarrassement. You can exist within a proper civilisation that doesn't resemble a tribe of gypsies. NPCs don't talk to you in a cookie monster voice. You've got nice cities. And you get to be a Worgen, which is obviously the coolest thing to do in WoW period.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2012-12-09 at 05:19 PM.

I always thought SI7 was pretty cool and holds promise... but too often it just ends up being some rambo or indiana jones type joke quest.

Dwarves. They are > anything the horde has to offer.

Also, most horde cities are a massive pain in the ass to navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokor View Post
    I found after a while that their "holier than thou" attitude began to grate and was nothing more than transparent posturing.
    I've been playing both sides for ~6 years now, there is no "holier than thou" attitude in the Alliance, it's something made up in the minds of Horde fans. There's a whole lot of "Leave us the hell alone and stop thinking you can do whatever you want to our land and people" coming from the Alliance though.

Deleted
    Worgen. I still wish Horde could trade the Blood Elves for the Worgen.

Deleted
    What is cool about horde? My preference goes race specific rather than faction specific.

Well, alliance is all about having everything handed to you in a silver plate, and cry louder as you can if you have the slightest belief that Horde is having anything near the things you get for free.

So it's just a question of taste. You taste as mine aren't in line with the Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    What is cool about horde? My preference goes race specific rather than faction specific.
    Trolls mon, and um no that's it, just Trolls.

Why would any proud and noble people side with dumb, bloodthirsty, "dark" and "different" emo's wet dream aka "Horde"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Taurens fast herbalism and undeath cannibalism

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    1. The new orc architecture is awesome, the "new" forsaken architecture is creepy, gothic and damn right brilliant, tauren's pretty bland, blood elven is picturesque and impressive. I like Goblin, not overly impressive and I like the primitive simplicity of darkspear towns. As for The Alliance, humans boring, night elves vanilla buildings that look out of place and outdated, dwarves see night elves, gnomes have some pretty cool shit, worgen is a more creepy version of the humans and slightly better and Draenei is simply awesome, be it Naaru or their own towns (like Shattrath) they're towns are awesome. For me The Horde has cooler towns, but this is entirely personal preference.

2. The Horde is a group of outcasts and sometimes monstrous creatures thrown together because of mutual interest, the world wants to see them die and they will fight alongside each other to protect themselves. It's entire foundation is built upon the priniciple of kill or be killed although Thrall added some much needed dignity and nobility to the coalition. The tension, the back stabbing the kind of cold war politics amongst itself is far more interesting then The Alliance where everyone is friends, the races themselves are more interesting and more out of this world but again this is personal preference.

3. You have not played many horde quests then as the genreal consensus at the moment is the Horde have the best story and questing content at the moment.

4. Absolute baseless assumption and is completely untrue, this argument may have held some ground in vanilla but the community mirrors itself on the both sides, the behaviour of players on each is side is identical. From your post you have not or have barely played The Horde and you cite no examples to back up your points, rendering what you said as little more then personal opinion (which is absolutely fine) or biased tripe. TL;DR the fuck bro? It's personal preference the dude is talking out of his arse.
    You got me right there.... I have very limited Horde experience.
    4 level 90, 1 level 87, 1 level 86, 3 level 85, 1 level 82, and 2 level 80 Horde toons, plus some lowbie toons from 1 - 30 are not quite enough for knowing much of the differences... 2 toons with Loremaster achieved on either side, I better discard too....
    Toons spread out through 6 different realms, plenty comparison of both factions realm communities I will throw out of the arse too then....

Anyhow, you were missing the point completely... The thread title was not about who has what. The thread title says: "What's cool about the alliance"?
    But I'm game..
    The Orc new architecture is not esthetic. you may like it, but others don't. Esthetic is something very different.
    The new Undead architecture is awesome. Yes... But afterall, it's human. It's the style of Lordaeron, and looks very similar to Gilneas architecture.

As for the world wants to see the horde die.... That's your imagination now talking. Half of the World is Horde.
    By storyline atm, it's the Horde leader that want's to kill the other half of the world. The other Horde leaders don't agree with that at all. The Alliance side isn't driven by wiping the Horde from the map. They are driven to restore what's theirs, and to restore safety and peace for their people. They don't hesitate to make treaties and what not, to achieve that.
    You should just try and play both sides too, and even more so, should pay attention to the stories the quests telling you.

Your bold text btw. just gives evidence to my social claim. Just another horde fan boy with lack of manners...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarves, Genn Greymane, and Human Racial. That's it.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    That not every place and city is red.... that's the only thing i don't like from the Horde... WHY IS EVERYTHING RED?!... and that's why i play alliance (actually is just because some friends...)