Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I've been playing both sides for ~6 years now, there is no "holier than thou" attitude in the Alliance, it's something made up in the minds of Horde fans. There's a whole lot of "Leave us the hell alone and stop thinking you can do whatever you want to our land and people" coming from the Alliance though.
    Actually there is, both from the players and the npcs. Especially the human ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    lol at all the people saying Dwarves, they are the one alliance race I cannot stand...
    We can trade. Horde gets dwarves, and you can have the tauren. Damn things are always in the way, and hideously ugly to boot.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Nothing is cool about Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinya View Post
    Nothing is cool about Alliance.
    Please.
    Go on.

I think the Alliance side of things was pretty interesting in Vanilla, TBC and Wrath. I haven't played them that much Cataclysm-side or at all MoP-side, but I hear their content hasn't been up to par during resent years. Seems to be getting better, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I think the Alliance side of things was pretty interesting in Vanilla, TBC and Wrath. I haven't played them that much Cataclysm-side or at all MoP-side, but I hear their content hasn't been up to par during resent years. Seems to be getting better, though.
    Skip Cata stuff, definitely give MoP a go from the Alliance side .

15+ Year Old Account
    Alliance is "the second faction" in WoW. The devs figured they couldn't make a game just about the Horde, so they kinda had to do the other one. Welcome aboardб in the world of not-so-cool. I actually kinda enjoy it, even though most races' models look infinitely ugly after years of playing as undead. Draenei females are fine though (if you can deal with being a space goat).

Because they are the generic "lawfull good", they do nothing wrong, they survive everything just like roaches and even if they do something that can be considered grey, everyone sits down around campfire later and laughs about it like it didnt happen.

Horde races are getting same treatment now because of Metzen and his MURTHALS ARE TEH FUTURZ!!!! stuff he has to put into anything he touches.

Games Workshop, never give this guy a licence. You have been warned.

draenei, and dwarves.

Well, this is why i think alliance is cool:

1. Their symbol is blue
    2. Gnomes
    3. Dwarves
    4. More challenging to PVP as

Eh, I really don't see much to like about the alliance.

The races seem far too bland for my tastes. The only ones who have lore that I like are the Night Elfs, even then they just boil down to generic elf race who likes nature and blah blah. Hell, Draenei had to be retconned just to make them a playable race for the guys. And don't even get me started on what they did to Onyxia in an attempt to make Varian out as more of a badass than he is. Don't care what anyone says, it was US the players who killed that bitch, not Mr. Ponytail.

The horde have a much richer lore between more characters. Orcs, Forsaken and Blood Elves especially. Though I like Tauren and Darkspear Trolls too, they don't really have alot going for them so far. And all in all, I like the idea of the Pre-Garrosh horde alot more too. They were just a group of races who allied together to look after one another, led by Thrall who simply wanted a lasting home for his people after they were cured of their curse.

It's all more personal preferance for anyone, but I do feel like Horde has alot more enjoyable aspects to their lore and characters. Though, that seems to be going up hill lately.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Honestly?
    Alliance is the more technologically advanced of the two factions. (Thanks Draenei)
    They're closer to modern "First world societies" whereas the Horde are essentially a group of incompatible nations living under a rigid dictator. (At least until 6.0)
    The power to fight off the Burning Legion was born and stays centered in our Faction.
    Human women are nice to look at? (I'm grasping for this straw but I just can't reach it)
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-09 at 10:12 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Best part of being alliance is not having to play with all the horde mouth breathers.