Brawlers' Guild invites... post mortem

So, we're a week and a half into the Brawlers' Guild with patch 5.1. Before this came out, we heard tons of complaints about how this system would be overrun by auction house barons who would monopolize the invitations and shut out the rest of their server. Just to grief everyone.

All the common players would be shut out.

It's time to task. Did that happen? Were players locked out of the Brawlers' Guild? Or was it another non-scandal?

What are the invites going for on your server?

On mine, they are down to 3000 per invite already. The rare spawns aren't even camped anymore.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    So, we're a week and a half into the Brawlers' Guild with patch 5.1. Before this came out, we heard tons of complaints about how this system would be overrun by auction house barons who would monopolize the invitations and shut out the rest of their server. Just to grief everyone.

All the common players would be shut out.

It's time to task. Did that happen? Were players locked out of the Brawlers' Guild? Or was it another non-scandal?

What are the invites going for on your server?

On mine, they are down to 3000 per invite already. The rare spawns aren't even camped anymore.
    Still going for 30-40k, rares camped still.

Deleted
    The Maelstrom EU, going for around 20k and rares are still being camped and sometimes a horde/alliance group camps the BMAH when the auctions are near completion so no one of the opposing faction can bid on them

So, 20-30k. That's a far cry from gold capping. Any other reports?

tbh this is what i expected brawlers guild is content for a niche group of people that only offers vanity rewards i knew as soon as the majority of people realized what it was they would stop whining about it. i expect within a months time only the people who really like it will have much to do with it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The realization that there are very few rewards from the Brawlers' Guild and that even if you do want to drudge through it you're waiting 30 minutes just for one fight turned a lot of people on my server off from the idea of doing it. Invites are down to 15k sometimes, people rarely care about the spawns, and there's a general lack of overall interest in the Guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    tbh this is what i expected brawlers guild is content for a niche group of people that only offers vanity rewards i knew as soon as the majority of people realized what it was they would stop whining about it. i expect within a months time only the people who really like it will have much to do with it
    Interesting. On my server the queue times are 5-10 minutes. There's about 10 people hanging around in the area, Alliance side. I wonder if that is high or low.

Deleted
    Interesting. On my server the queue times are 5-10 minutes. There's about 10 people hanging around in the area, Alliance side. I wonder if that is high or low.
    Usually between 10-15 people in the queue.
    Invites going for 30k+ still and rares getting camped.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ques are pretty short on my server, 5-10 minutes tops. The invites do still typically go for 10k-15k. I got crazy lucky and managed to grab one for 6k, right after my poor guild mate paid 15k for her's. I never bothered camping for the rares, so not sure if that is a problem on my server.

It is a lot of fun, at least I think so. I have only beat Bruce at this point haven't tried to progress much yet, I just enjoy hanging out for the most part. Everyone gets in a raid group and buffs each other. The rewards are not worth the cost I hear people are paying. Hopefully Blizz will build upon it some more.

Deleted
    So, 20-30k. That's a far cry from gold capping. Any other reports?
    They avoided it by also providing them through the rares who add a great number of them. It's also quite likely that they went up with the number the wanted to put upon the BMAH after people raged so hard simply to avoid those predictions coming true.

Edit, I got my invite for free from my arena mate. Dunno what your problem is.

Deleted
    I'm 99% sure that invites will get free in future, so i will wait for it. After all, i dont even have gear for this for now, as i dont raid.

On my server tickets go from 1.5k to 2.5k, I got mine for 1.6k.

Queue times are 5-15 mins tops.

Playing on a low-population server has his advantages

The Brawlers guild truelly adds something to this game; don't do it for the rewards, do it for the fun (although I can imagine waiting 1 hour for 1 fight isn't fun). Also the guild brings you back in touch with the community on your realm.

My husband paid 70k for his on the second day. They were going for at least 50k on our server for the first few days. I haven't checked it lately but would imagine it's dropped quite a bit. Watching him play, rarely anyone from our server is in there but always a few from another (we have CRZ). Que times are only a couple minutes, sometimes instant during early morning hours.

All 2-12 hours left, only a few are above 4000g

Invites were going for 15-20k on my server still. Some rare spawns are still camped and people literally NERD-RAGE if you don't invite them.

I've had one individual nerd-rage at me 3 times for killing rares but not inviting him. The first time he was cursing and being rude, so I didn't invite him. I already had the rare down to 10% and he started pulling mobs on his flying mount and pulling them onto me so that I'd get aggro when he flew up. The next time he did the same thing, dropped 8 mobs on me, forcing me to use most of my CD's, but I still managed to kill the rare, where he raged again. The third time, he invited me to a group and I declined twice, then he whispers me saying, "Are you serious?" ... which I replied, "just as serious as I was the first 2 times you were a jerk." The same person was in trade moments later raging about it, so I linked what he said from chat, which he attempted to deny, lol.

Honestly, the people complaining about Brawler's Guild invites were probably just like the dude that raged that I wouldn't invite him to a rare kill. They need that INSTANT gratification or they go postal on you.

I bought my invite for 22k yesterday. I got it from a guy in trade because the BMAH is dominated by alliance on our server so I can't even get close to a bid in there. Invites still sell for 20-30k, I even seen one sell for 43k yesterday lol. I do think it's kinda bad that you have to pay a lot of gold to access content and I still don't see why it was necessary tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    I do think it's kinda bad that you have to pay a lot of gold to access content and I still don't see why it was necessary tbh
    It wasn't. Brawlers guild isn't necessary, doing it now rather than a few weeks time when tickets are cheaper wasn't necessary either.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I have no interest in the brawlers guild other than I wanted the pet! lol.
    My friend bought his invite for 8k off the AH, and invited me when he got to rank 7 I literally got my invite, and 3 hours later i was rank 4 enough for the pet!

On our BMAH the invites sit around the 2-3k mark a few of them being bid on heavier than others sitting at 12k, but most are going for around the 10k if not lower mark.

invites is a good money sink , ppl pay 30-40k to most likely not get a brawler title

Deleted
    Invites are still high, rares are being farmed, the vast majority of the playerbase is cut out and cant care less about this feature.
    As I expected it's a terrible implementation.