Deleted

Is my system Bottlenecking my GTX 580? Frequent FPS drop >.<

Hi guys, long time lurker, 1st time poster here.

My system's spec is :

CPU : i7 930
    GPU : GTX 580 3gb
    RAM : Cheap Kingston 3x 2gb (6gb)
    Monitor1 : BenQ G2411HD
    Monitor2 : Asus VE247
    PSU : Cooler Master 1000W

Only my GPU and PSU are quite new while the other parts are 1 to 2+ years old.
    I can run Skyrim on ultra and only lagging a bit when there are too many objects in my view.

--> My main problem is with WoW, i cant even run LFR on full fair settings without experiencing my fps drop when there are too many stuff happening all at once while my 10man normal runs are okay.

Thank you in advance for any help <3

- are any of the components bottle necking my system?
    - should i get a new cpu or overclock my existing one (no experience in overclocking at all)
    - how can i get my fps above 60? i ran dxdiag and it told me both monitors are running 60fps, but i got my main(benq) from a friend who used to get 100+ with it

Once again, thx very much!

Deleted
    Really shouldn't be any bottlenecking (atleast not in games like WoW :|)

GPU is irrelevant, since WoW can be maxed on an old 9800gt, so your 580 is huge overkill.

WoW is very CPU dependant, but your i7 (while somewhat outdated), is still a very strong processor. Keep in mind that even the sandybridge/ivybridge i7's suffer from FPS drops in intense 25man situations. I'm not sure if upgrading to a current gen i7 would see an improvement (in WoW) worthy of the money. (keep in mind that a new CPU would also mean a new MOBO and ram).

Is your CPU overclocked or at factory settings?
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2012-12-09 at 12:55 PM.

Deleted
    All my components are factory settings and i have no knowledge of overclocking whatsoever :/

By the way, it's the same case with when i'm playing guild wars 2. I can get ultra while leveling alone, but the frame rate drops substantially when i arrive at populated major cities.

I'm really hoping to enjoy the new environments of MOP and raiding too >.<

Can any1 tell me what system can get you to raid 25man on medium or high without lag?
    Or how can i improve my system so i can enjoy the game again :/ I cant even see the particles and sometimes fail at the mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by isitnice View Post
    All my components are factory settings and i have no knowledge of overclocking whatsoever :/

By the way, it's the same case with when i'm playing guild wars 2. I can get ultra while leveling alone, but the frame rate drops substantially when i arrive at populated major cities.

Can any1 tell me what system can get you to raid 25man on medium or high without lag?
    Or how can i improve my system so i can enjoy the game again :/ I cant even see the particles and sometimes fail at the mechanics
    A gtx 580 is a great card. If you upgrade to a 680 you will still experience lag in raids. That is just how MMO'S are. If you want to squeeze out more FPS (like 5% more fps) get an i5-3570k and overclock it to 4.2ghz+. You will always experience FPS drops when people are around you.

Like previous posters have said, it looks like your system should be fine for WoW.

That being said, I would then be inspecting what software you have running and cutting down on any non-essential programs (at least while gaming). Go to the run command, type in msconfig and look to see what is running on startup. Things like adobe, quicktime, and other non-essential programs do not need to run on startup. Random entries like vgl54$%3.exe should be googled and be sure you know what they do for you. Often times these random string of character .exe files are malicious.

You can also google services that you will not need while running WoW. These changes may each only impact your gaming experience a little, but combined can make a pretty significant difference.

Quote Originally Posted by isitnice View Post

I have a gtx 680 & 2600k @ 5GHz but everything at ultra settings still I'm experiencing fps drops. This is just because the gpu's usage is dropping to 40% and 3-4secs later it's back to 99% (which it should be). Reason why it's dropping is because the gpu doesn't get any information from the cpu, so cpu bottlenecks there.

They should fix GW2 and people shouldn't pay more money because of this. A gtx 580 is just overkill for this game.