Poll: Pet Battles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't welcome overly enthusiastic people on my boat (gives shifty eye)
    Nobody's perfect.

I'm nobody?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find the pet battles entertaining when I get bored with other parts of the game and want to take a break for awhile. Leveling them isn't that hard, and since you can heal your pets every 8 minutes, you don't even need to go back to town that often, once you find the pet combination you enjoy the most.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Around level 14 it gets a bit boring for a short while, but if you continue fighting trainers of several levels above you, you will level VERY fast and then you can powerlevel pets easily (5-10 levels per combat on a level 1 pet)

15+ Year Old Account
    Your poll is lacking some options. It is fun and addicting. I do them a bit every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    3rd option please, I'm loving them.

It's quite addictive and alot of fun! We even have
    one person in our guild who's up to 45 lvl 25's!
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    How about neither? They are very fun.
    Agree, that should have been 3rd option in poll

They are very exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love pet battling, and it's really fun when you queue up for a pvp match and encounter a similar team setup. Leveling is a bit tedious, but if you know where to go it's pretty fast. Just put on some good music (unless you enjoy the pet battle music, ofc) and chillax while playing. I find it ridiculously fun and addictive. Out of the pets needed for different achievements, I only need 3! (Not counting the new classic raid pets, because I haven't had a go at it yet)

I also try to find appropriate pokémon names for all the pets I get to 25. Like Egbert being Togepi or Togetic
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I tried it, it didn't appeal too much, got tired of it real quick

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Leveling is quick, if you know how to do it. I leveled my Anubisath Idol (named him Anoobis) 1-25 in 50 minutes.
    And I'm sure you already had some 25's before doing this.

It was extremely slow to start off, but with 25's it's easy.

Could always buy a lvl 25 pet and use it to powerlevel other ones.

They are the WORST! Levelled a pet to 10 and haven't touched it since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not biased if you can vote for you can bear it. Suck it up.
    Bear it means it's acceptable.
    Some people REALLY like it. It's a biased poll and there's nothing you can say to change that fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most intersting thing to do at the moment.

And you also can get a fairly large amount of gold if you are lucky with the new ghost dailies in Pandaria. The spirits sell for 10k on my server.

I love it, its just something I do when I'm really bored of dailies/heroics/lfr etc.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad there's no option fr people that like it.... anyway another crappy poll!

I really like doing pet battles. Especially the trainer battles with the pet battle questchain.
    I really hope for more features to these pet battles. The idea to have boss-pets, said in one of the interviews, sounds really cool.
    I wish that cooking gets an ability to craft pet cookies and such to use in battles to heal pets.

All I can think of when I see this poll is the old Colbert shtick "George Bush, great president...or the greatest president?"

you are probably doing it wrong. most pets can be levelled to 25 within the hour.

get a strong "initial" pet and level it to 25. I recoment the personal world destroyer. she is breed P/P (which means her attacks hurt a lot). she has mechanical and beast attacks, which are strong against beasts and critters (90% of the wild pets). she also has a super heal on CD.

with that combo of skills , she can kill most wild pet groups by herself.

now grab the pet you want to level, put it first on your team. find a pandaria pet battle. use one single skill with this pet (it doesn't matter if it misses). this is important: don't let your level 1 pet die. it's kind of luck dependent at level 1 because most level 23 pets can one shot level ones, so you'll have to be lucky enough for them to use a non damaging skill. after using one skill with your level 1 pet, change to your main pet and destroy the enemy team.

your level 1 pet will get half of the experience. watch her skip from level 1 to level 4 in one fight. reach level 25 within one hour. repeat for all the other pets you wish to level up.

also: do some pet battles dailies to get bandages. that will save you from trainer trips.

EDIT: I levelled my PWD alone. she didn't have a team, she just destroyed her opponents, no matter how many they were

EDIT2: she is uncommon quality, so she's kinda weak for pvp fights unless you put a battle-stone on her, but she's excelent for levelling.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2012-12-09 at 02:03 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I love mini pets in wow, always have done. I've enjoyed collecting them for my characters and looked forward to having something to do with them when mists came around, at the thought of getting some more rare pets they introduced into the game.

But dear god, I've been trying to level them up, and this to me has become as tedious and boring as fishing. Having to constantly find wild pets to battle in order to level them, just for a chance to capture the new rare pets around the game, having to run to the pet trainer every single time to heal them up for another round, just to slowly level them.

I mean, I'm not a pokemon fan, never have been, but is this what playing pokemon was like? If so I'd so glad I didn't.
    leveling is alot like that in pokemon except in wow the pets dont evolve and they dont continually learn new moves all the time so outside of the pet trainers theres not really something to get you to be excited about lvling up like in pokemon.

lvling up a pet in wow is kind of like the end game of pokemon where all your pokemon are like 70+ youve beaten the main story and your just continually killing the elite four to try to get to 100
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

My main problem with pet battles is that there is SO MORE to be done with my time in the game....
    I wish there were less things, so I could advance more on them.