[Arcane] Trinket Selection (Static-Caster's medallion)

Is this good for Arcane?

1152 passive haste.

On use - 3838 int for 15 seconds (1 min cd)

Deleted
    Been wondering too

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    Is this good for Arcane?

1152 passive haste.

On use - 3838 int for 15 seconds (1 min cd)
    Good yes, amazing? nope

The int averages to 959.5 int if used on cd, a bit more if you count alter time, but that is allmost nothing compared to even raid finder cosmos which is 956 haste and 1146.4 int.. So for its ilevel its a very very weak trinket when compared to the raid trinkets and Relic of Yu'lon

Its worse than RF terror, Normal terror, heroic terror, heroic cosmos, normal cosmos, RF cosmos and Relic of Yu'lon.. But that is what I think.

It'd definitely see significant use if it wasn't for the DMC taking up one of our slots. If you don't have the Elegon trinket, then you can buy it.

It could also probably pull ahead on fights where you do some sort of burn once a minute in a boss encounter, but again the Elegon trinket has amazing uptime already, and you'll probably have VP upgraded LotC right when you get it. The fact that this new trinket costs VP is definitely a detriment to acquiring it.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2012-12-09 at 07:09 PM.

Speaking of trinket questions. I have one as well. Should I use RF Light of the Cosmos or RF Essence of Terror for Arcane?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawogi View Post
    Speaking of trinket questions. I have one as well. Should I use RF Light of the Cosmos or RF Essence of Terror for Arcane?
    I'd say its Essence of Terror, the int gain on average is abt the same but cosmos has around 200 less secondaries on average and haste is very near to mastery even with stacking mastery

Thanks, that's what I have been using.

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently have Relic of Yu'lon and normal Light of the Cosmos but I plan to use this trinket because I prefer having use trinkets which I can line up perfectly with my burst phase. So far I've seen evidence of trinkets or Jade Spirit proccing in the 6 seconds of Alter Time and then simply being removed when AT expires. I want to minimize this effect. Sometimes all od my procs fall off exactly before AP and AT come off cooldown during a fight and that makes me sad. This way I can have more control over my damage which, depending on proc timing, can either be a damage increase or decrease, but I'll have to see when the time comes in a few days.

how does this trinket stack up against Relic of Yu'lon and LFR version of LotC for frost? Sorry, I know this is an arcane thread, but I'm wondering if I should replace my LFR LotC for the Static-Caster one. thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by fetal View Post
    how does this trinket stack up against Relic of Yu'lon and LFR version of LotC for frost? Sorry, I know this is an arcane thread, but I'm wondering if I should replace my LFR LotC for the Static-Caster one. thanks guys.
    Well as I posted before the gain on average from Static-caster vs LFR LotC is a bit over 200 haste and the loss is a bit under 200 int. So its not worth the VP. And Relic of Yu'lon is still 1 of the strongest trinkets out there, so unless you get heroic LotC you shouldn't really even look at replacing it.

gotcha. thanks for the reply, mrgreenthump

1. Light of Cosmos
    2. Relic of Yu'lon

Hi there. I am curious, am i missing something? Arc spec has no 'over time' damage. So how does the LotC proc benifit dps?

Quote Originally Posted by etherical View Post
    Hi there. I am curious, am i missing something? Arc spec has no 'over time' damage. So how does the LotC proc benifit dps?
    Nether tempest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by etherical View Post

Living Bomb.