Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    The Patient Ganaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    225
    Clam down lads 2H KM discussion thread is that way --->
    (Not like there's anything to discuss.. Right?)
    13/13HC

    #Acherus (storm.coldront.net) - Death Knight IRC

  2. #122


    Now show me the numbers you're always talking about.

  3. #123
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Cool news, except it's wrong.
    I stand corrected, my opinion was that you're not wasting anything by waiting a few seconds - merely slowing things down a bit... I suppose the chance of overwriting that KM proc with another one and effectively wasting it means it's better to just get on with your rotation and not worry about it too much :-P

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post


    Now show me the numbers you're always talking about.
    Those results look about right and serve perfectly to prove my point. Your own results show a 0.4% improvement with perfect execution. Last I checked, it was actually more than that. But "perfect execution" is the problem; no human can live up to that standard. In reality, you're going to a lot of trouble for-- in all likelyhood-- no advantage at all.

    But like Ganaza said, this is supposed to an Unholy thread, so lets take it elsewhere.

    @vmagik: Yes, exactly. It's totally counterintuitive and against "common sense". Since Obliterate (or FS for DW) hits so much harder than the alternate, it totally feels like yeah, of course it's worth waiting! But this is one of those cases where the numbers don't add up to what "feels" right, and it's totally not worth the trouble. I turn off the blizzard powerauras for Killing Machine and disable the button glow with Weakauras, and I think every frost DK should do that too.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2012-12-19 at 01:12 AM.

  5. #125
    So what you're saying is that ignoring killing machine actually isn't a damage loss at all.

    Good to know.

    Still waiting for your sim numbers by the way.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2012-12-19 at 02:01 AM.

  6. #126
    Dreadlord Outofmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    876
    Also, Unholy just kills your fingers, I doubt you would be able to last a fulltime raidweek without your fingers dying. You have to spam so much it's unreal atm.

  7. #127
    Like I said, I'm fine with yours. Ignoring KM isn't a DPS loss, that was the whole point.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Like I said, I'm fine with yours. Ignoring KM isn't a DPS loss, that was the whole point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Don't sweat it. You shouldn't be watching for Killing Machine anyway. Just ignore it.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to prove any more.

    If you mean that people who aren't too concerned about pushing out the final few percent should just ignore killing machine that's fine, but say so if that's what you mean.

  9. #129
    It's not a "few percent". By your posted sim results, it's 0.4% with perfect execution. If you look through the frost action lists, simcraft doesn't delay anything, so what it's actually doing is making split-second decisions to use one ability over the other. You know, when KM pops up 0.007 seconds before you hit frost strike and you go "dammit" because you just hit what feels like the wrong button? That's what perfect execution means.

    Simcraft action lists are commonly optimized beyond the ability of a human to follow, because they are intended to show theoretical maximum performance. That's all this is.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2012-12-19 at 03:56 AM.

  10. #130
    You don't have to play perfectly for paying attention to killing machine to be a dps increase.

    This isn't a binary thing, you don't have to choose between always trying to use it perfectly and ignoring it completely.

    Also, if killing machine procs 0.007 seconds before you hit frost strike, it's your own fault for frost striking right after an auto attack landed. Plan ahead. This is easier than you are making it sound.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2012-12-19 at 04:21 AM.

  11. #131
    Even if executing the priority properly to a point where it's a tangible DPS increase were possible, which it isn't, (because perfect execution isn't a tangible DPS increase) and if all that annoyance was worth the potential performance increase, which again it isn't (because the potential increase isn't tangible, and the likely increase is nil), you can't time swings while dualwielding, so it only applies to 2H frost, which is an inferior spec anyway. There's just no reason to do it. You're better off ignoring KM entirely and going about your business.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2012-12-19 at 05:39 AM.

  12. #132
    That thread went in totally wrong direction.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You're better off ignoring KM entirely and going about your business.
    I think you should stop telling other people that 2h frost is too hard for them to play properly.

  14. #134
    I could have swore this thread was supposed to be about unholy. I actually click to read what people thought... morphed into another frost thread...
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Also, Unholy just kills your fingers, I doubt you would be able to last a fulltime raidweek without your fingers dying. You have to spam so much it's unreal atm.
    ladies love the unholy dks

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I think you should stop telling other people that 2h frost is too hard for them to play properly.
    I think you'd better stop putting words in other peoples' mouths.

  17. #137
    Please can we get more folks to cry Unholy is underpowered i want to become even stronger than i currently are.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    There's just no reason to do it. You're better off ignoring KM entirely and going about your business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    In reality, you're going to a lot of trouble for-- in all likelyhood-- no advantage at all.
    So what exactly is your point supposed to be then?

  19. #139
    I myself play Unholy. It's a little 'harder' than frost, but if you play it well you can do very competitive damage.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    So what exactly is your point supposed to be then?
    I'm not going through it again. At this point I feel you are arguing in bad faith.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •