View Poll Results: Would you keep going?

Voters
116. This poll is closed
  • It wouldn't cause me to quit.

53 45.69%
  • It would probably cause me to quit.

22 18.97%
  • I don't know or care.

41 35.34%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It already caused me to quit because of the bumping of the Warlock questline and uncertain implementation on 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I personally agree with your friend.

Dragon Soul was a prime example. The raid went on for far too long with no new content, people had everything accessible to their main and however many alts they had, probably had all of them geared well, and had nothing to do.

If they planned to push content faster than they did in Dragon Soul, sure, they could probably cut the complaining some if they removed or lessened some of the caps/locks but if they had that same model? No way. Many people would quit.
    I would argue this is true of ICC as well. I quit within a month of ICC coming out due to financial reasons, resubbed shortly before Ruby Sanctum, geared all my existing toons (5 of them) fully in ICC gear, then leveled not one but 2 new toons from 1 to ICC geared before the Pre-Cata patch even started.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I wouldn't. It has been more free in TBC, WoTLK and even Cata.
    10/25 man lockouts shouldn't be shared, and I hate the fact that they shared it because "Otherwise people would feel it would be mandatory to do both". And that's utter BS. I't's like saying there can't be more than 2 car models because otherwise people would feel mandatory to buy them all. Right.
    I'm more likely going to quit because of the goddamn dailies. I'm propably exalted with other pandaren factions (Except Tillers) at 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Caps also ensure that we don't have to play 24/7 to be competitive.
    This, so much this.

Deleted
    Tbh I would quit because it's boring to have everything accessible right from the start because then I would feel the need to progress ASAP as much as possible BUT... That doesn't mean I agree with their current model either. It's just too boring and it favors luck over skill at times (LFR) while at others it's just plain boring, uncreative and a cheap way to make you spend a ton of hours in game with no alternative to fun stuff (Dailies). But please don't judge me or reply with hate. This is my opinion and I like to voice it. Let's keep this thread civil and constructive!

Blizzard is doing right in capping and gating stuff. You can't expect people to be reasonable and have some sort of self management or whatever. Especially gamers.

Hell, they even feel pressured by stuff that IS limited in a way - MoP dailies for example. People just don't know how to take it step by step, one at a time or in any other organized way. And then they either cry how there's nothing to do in the game, or they burn out over their own OCD and then cry again. It's sad, but as a developer, Blizzard has to discipline their audience.

Locks and delays being removed would be terrible for the game.

The T14 length and stagger is the greatest implementation of a raid tier blizzard has ever done in the history of this game.

Personally I wish HoF woulda had 1 month until terrance just like Mogushan and 1 month terrance until 5.1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    A close friend of mine and I have been having lengthy discussions over the artificial walls Blizzard has enabled to delay progression. He believes (and I think this is Blizzards stance as well) that if Valor/Conquest Caps, Raid/Heroic locks, and whatever else were either removed or severely lessened, people would rush through content and cancel subscriptions until a later date.

I don't believe that to be the case, but it's my opinion after all. I'm curious how others feel. In my assessment, if I were able to "grind" out gear a bit more freely, I would personally feel encouraged to keep playing to gear my characters one by one. Under the WoW model, I generally level characters, poke about, and then cancel my subscription because I don't feel like doing the only grind they offer.

So for those of you out there, would it cause you to cancel and wait or would a more free reign to get it how you want or as fast as you want actually keep you engaged?
    It's funny because Blizz installed LFR (Another progression path) that wasn't in wrath. That wasn't in vanilla or BC. Yet, people want to whine about dailies. I'll never believe for 1 second that ppl are truly complaining about dailies because they hate them. It goes back to keyboard warrior'n and passive/aggressive, control freak behavior. That's all it is. People trying to get personal satisfaction by getting a change made they are championing for.

Blizz could come on to the forums tomorrow and say "We are changing the color of the sky in Pandaria to give it a slightly deeper blue." and people would be making thread after thread about how when they initially bought the game, the sky was not this "ATROCIOUS, PATHETIC, VOMIT INDUCING COLOR!!!". Because that's how some people are. They bitch not because they truly give a shit about the end result. But because they need to feel better. And when you tell them no, they RAGE. Blizzard can't fix a game. Because they can't fix people.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    I don't play anymore for other reasons. But i would probably quit either way. I have taken breaks between most raids since the release of wotlk, when there was no more content for me to do. This would definitely hold me longer tho, since i want the best gear possible for the progression race... I think the way they have done it this time around is the best yet, and im sad i haven't been able to play this time around

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Locks and delays being removed would be terrible for the game.

The T14 length and stagger is the greatest implementation of a raid tier blizzard has ever done in the history of this game.
    This. People wanting things=people playing. People having everything=people not playing. Dragon Soul. Excellent example.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    This. People wanting things=people playing. People having everything=people not playing. Dragon Soul. Excellent example.
    I agree, and also this way blizzard makes sure you have a social life too and keep playing their game. Balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone that is active at max level on many toons, I would like to see a compromise between gated and free-for-all progression. A free-for-all would definitely see more toons geared, but people might still unsub due to serious burn out or having nothing to do. The current caps aggravate me because it's just *too* slow earning vp (with much of it coming from daily grinds).

To put it bluntly, I need the caps on content. As it is with MSV, HoF and ToES I already find it overwhelming to juggle running a competitive 25man guild, dailies, rep, guild admin, a full-time job and real life nitty gritty stuff.

Without these caps, I would be overwhelmed and eventually quit the game as I wouldn't have the time or resources to be as competitive as say students or bums who have all the time on their hands.

I wouldn't. One of my favorite moments in WotLK is that it was the only moment in WoW, in t10 (ICC+RS), where I was able to acquire full BiS gear (though last piece, hc shield dropped like couple weeks before Cata...). I'd like to have use of what I gain in game, not to see it all go waste in neverending gear treadmill.

WoW just needs better progression system, which doesn't rely on RNG and on multitude of caps.
    Dragon Soul is bad example simply because it was extremely bad raid. We cleared it, and had long break, and people couldn't be bothered to farm it for gear (and bosses were dropping exactly same items each time, without exception, which was just another big demotivator).

It is possible to make long-term rewarding system without it being relying on RNG and VP caps. It was discussed in other threads already. I'd even say that constant gear treadmill and current ways of acquiring it is what burns people out quite fast, as it doesn't motivate whatsoever.

I wouldn't quit, but then I'm generally pretty good about pacing myself anyway. So I'd probably go at the same rate when uncapped, as we currently do when capped. Maybe occasionally I'd zoom ahead if I really wanted to (6000 VP for the legendary quest, BE MINE ALREADY), but mostly I'd keep it under control.

That said, I know there's a lot of people who wouldn't be able to, who couldn't be trusted to keep themselves and their playtime in check. So these caps are saving the playerbase from themselves, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    No I wouldn't. It has been more free in TBC, WoTLK and even Cata.
    10/25 man lockouts shouldn't be shared, and I hate the fact that they shared it because "Otherwise people would feel it would be mandatory to do both". And that's utter BS. I't's like saying there can't be more than 2 car models because otherwise people would feel mandatory to buy them all. Right.
    You obviously don't remember the massive whining and bitching in Wrath from people who felt pressured to run 10, 25, 10H and 25H in the same week.

I love how you think that removing the valor cap will not cause people to think that every waking moment not spent in wow is wasting valor....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Reason Dragon Soul was held back was because some people were still stuck there and Blizzard felt they needed to give those people time. Of course they were wrong. If you look at the TBC raid model, they released new raids before the old ones were cleared. Kept people motivated to keep going towards their goals. Look at WOLK, all the raids exept ulduar had easy bosses with a super hard endboss. Ulduar had a rather interresting difficulty curve. The first 4 bosses were easy, then we had different wings where the difficulty increased a tiny bit, with Vezax and Yogg Saron being somewhat more challenging.

ICC had something similar, but not ToC. What all the WOLK raids exept naxx/sarth/malygos had in common was that on heroic 25 man, the endgame boss was a nightmare and most people did not down them. Most guilds infact, ended up being 11/12 HC in ICC, and 4/5 HC in ToC 25 HC. You see this pattern in firelands aswell, and I believe in some future it will happen aswell to Terrace of endless spring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll quit when i start logging in once a week when or if it gets too that stage, ill stop playing.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    As far as I'm concerned there were too many dailies to be done in start of MoP leading to a burnout but at least Blizzard listened to player base complaining there was nothing to do in Cata. Hard to find that sweet spot on it. I think they're doing a good job on it. While the alt unfriendliness of MoP still feels strange to me it is best to stick to one main while still having account-wise achievement system. It makes your character and you more closer than having these 5 characters. So, I say as for your question, the previous answers it from my POV, and in short indeed I believe your friend is right.