Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

From WoW to Project Titan - What features should they keep and remove?

What ho,

Many of us are probably equally desperate in anticipation over what Project Titan, Blizzard's new next-gen MMO might be.
    But considering how most of us are avid WoW-fans, and will also play Titan no matter what it turns out to be, I thought this would be an interesting question to ask.

What features of WoW would you like to see brought over to Titan, and what would you like to see removed? I will start.

Cloned from WoW:

• World persistence. I love how Azeroth is mostly one location without too many instance barriers separating players.

Cloned from WoW but altered in some way:

• Progression. I do like many aspects of progression in WoW, but I'd like to see less emphasis on treadmill progression where gear is only obtained to be used for progression in order to obtain more gear, etc. They should draw from transmogrification here, and make sure gear functionality and appearance has equal value - but not go as far as Guild Wars 2 and almost only focus on appearance.
    • Secondary professions. I love fishing in WoW, because it lets you go out and see the world's pools, lakes, rivers, oceans, and so on. The world actually feels larger when you go fishing, because all of a sudden you are alone on one little remote location, doing your thing. However, they would need more love and fleshing-out than the ones in WoW. They need to matter more, and require more effort.

Removed:

• Features that provide you with too much accessibility. I don't like flying mounts and group finding tools, because despite their usefulness they do more to harm the world in the end.

I actually made a post on this on the mothership only to get "FUCK TITAN" sorts of responses.

Personally, I would really like to see an expansion on the Guild system. I think this is the best and worst feature WoW has tackled.

I agree that they should not bring back Flying Mounts and or LFD sort of systems. I do think inter server LFG as it used to be would be a much better feature as it does promote social environments with people you can actually get to "know" as it were. However, I do believe that this is all conjecture as it may not matter in the end. If Titan takes a note from Rift, or introduces a new tech all together, LFD might not be that big of an issue as it is now.

Professions are the thing that I'm sort of miffed the most about. I'd really like to go back to an idea where your profession helped define your character an was actually utilized beyond 3 items.

I'd like to see a more global Auction House, but this idea is based on low population servers and wow technology as it stands now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of the concept of servers/realms. Dynamically spawning world instances depending on how many people are logged in. They are already testing the waters with CRZ, Battle.net friends IDs and cross-realm raiding, so I can see it happening.

We don't even know what kind of MMO it would be. It could be like FF or even Planetside 2.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I totally agree that flying mounts, LFG and LFR is a "bad" thing for a MMO but it makes the game more accessable by the "casual" (and by "casual" I don't mean bad) player market. Like it or not any big game needs paying customers, a huge part of WoW's subscriber base is by theese "casual" players. Players that don't have time to set aside for long grinds, make a repertoair on a realm to make dungeon runs faster and more efficient. LFG and LFR (and flying mounts) makes the world more reachable for those players and keeping those players happy keeps them paying which means blizzard can give everyone new and good content.

As for "Titan" I hope blizzard builds on a new class system, as of right now the balance in the game (mainly pvp) is the reason why many simply don't pvp at all. In terms of pve I hope titan brings MORE things to do before combat in forms of talents, "glyphs" and endgame character progression outside of gear. Endgame wow (pve and pvp) isn't really fun, you pick a spec for every boss, kill boss and then repeat the next week. There was something called "Path of the Titans" on PTR to cataclysm I think where you did quests and so on to unlock new glyphs or ability increases. Things like that would be fun and give us something to do, atm we have dailies who give the "same" activity but dailies get old really fast and they're hardly rewarding once you've done them 10 times.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    We don't even know what kind of MMO it would be. It could be like FF or even Planetside 2.
    I was under the impression that it was implied FPS or something like Tabula Rasa or a mix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    [B][SIZE=3] World persistence. I love how Azeroth is mostly one location without too many instance barriers separating players.
    Cant go to another zone in Azeroth without a 5sec lag spike cause i walk into a new instance, so cant see what you love.

Deleted
    I don't agree that they should take away the LFD queue. It would make most dungeons far too inaccessible while leveling, I remember back in BC I barely did any dungeons while leveling because the time it took to get to them and come back was too much. However, it would make sense not to put flying mounts, at least at first.

What I'd put in it in relation to wow, is better character story development. Not going as far as SWTOR goes, which makes leveling very very linear, but some class quests every few levels wouldn't hurt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I was under the impression that it was implied FPS or something like Tabula Rasa or a mix.
    It's called an "MMORPG" in their Q1 2012 report, so it will probably be exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    nope so far thats only a rumor.

this is what we know about titan

most likely free to play

might be connected to facebook

meant to be casual drop in drop out type experience

after a different demographic and meant to run alongside wow
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I totally agree that flying mounts, LFG and LFR is a "bad" thing for a MMO but it makes the game more accessable by the "casual" (and by "casual" I don't mean bad) player market. Like it or not any big game needs paying customers, a huge part of WoW's subscriber base is by theese "casual" players. Players that don't have time to set aside for long grinds, make a repertoair on a realm to make dungeon runs faster and more efficient. LFG and LFR (and flying mounts) makes the world more reachable for those players and keeping those players happy keeps them paying which means blizzard can give everyone new and good content.
    While I agree that a large portion of WoW's player base is made up of casuals, you need to keep in mind that these 'casuals' were there way before features like flying mounts or LFD. Blizzard and a lot of people are under the impression that people with less time to play want everything served to them. I don't think that's the case at all. People still want a deep, complex and intricate world where you need to put a bit of effort into things.

Instead of letting people find groups instantly for groups without leaving a city, perhaps the content offered should be changed? Maybe dungeons should be soloable, or maybe you shouldn't have to rely on group experiences like dungeons to get the rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Get rid of the concept of servers/realms. Dynamically spawning world instances depending on how many people are logged in. They are already testing the waters with CRZ, Battle.net friends IDs and cross-realm raiding, so I can see it happening.
    This is actually something that is going to be a main feature of the game, I forget where I read it but I remember the point was made that the game would be one large smooth server.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Instead of letting people find groups instantly for groups without leaving a city, perhaps the content offered should be changed? Maybe dungeons should be soloable, or maybe you shouldn't have to rely on group experiences like dungeons to get the rewards.
    Since I started in TBC that's my reference point. I dislike LFD. I hate it so god damn much. Most of the people I met in TBC no longer play or have long since quit. It's damn near impossible now to "build" friendships in the game when it's just understood that "you" do LFD to gear in order to do raids. If anything needs a change, and it isn't an easy one, its the problem of the Tank Healer Dps idea. I think Scenarios are a good step at attacking that and perhaps that's a better focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    nope so far thats only a rumor.

this is what we know about titan

most likely free to play

might be connected to facebook

meant to be casual drop in drop out type experience

after a different demographic and meant to run alongside wow
    If it was a F2P game then it wouldn't take so many years to make. Not to mention being connected to facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    This is one of the main features of Elder Scrolls Online coming out fairly soon. I can't see Blizzard not doing this.

I hope they get rid of multiple difficulties of the same content and items as stat sticks.

As far as servers are concerned i'd like some form of community system larger than guilds where you can make a name for yourself. Design that forces people to socialize would be great too.

Also, i'd like the game to be a game, not a clockwork system where everything needs to be perfectly balanced, it's fun to have unique skills or items.
    Last edited by mixerii; 2012-12-09 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If it was a F2P game then it wouldn't take so many years to make. Not to mention being connected to facebook.
    Depends on the quality. We also have no idea of the development process.

Getting rid of the concept of servers/realms is a great idea. Outside of PVE/PVP/RP etc
    Wouldn't mind seeing classes be removed and just pick what you want type thing. A bit like black ops. Want to be a mage/warrior hybrid? go for it. Would probably be ridiculously hard to balance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If it was a F2P game then it wouldn't take so many years to make.
    Like SWToR? Badumtish.

OT: We've all heard the rumour of it being a fps or fps-hybrid. Until I hear word from Blizzard themselves I'm gonna reserve myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know enough about it yet.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

I want them to keep the dungeon finder tbh, but maybe not make it cross realm. Finding groups with players on your realm would be fine. However, you need to ask, what are you going to do if your realm dies? Also, they can get rid of the flying mounts, that's cool. I'd also like to see if be easier to dismount players in PvP, totally RNG right now without the turtle shell. Sometimes one hit dismounts people, sometimes it takes 20 >.>