5.1 Druid PvP Boomy or Feral?

Hey guys sorry if there is a thread similar to this, but i've just recently started playing wow again and was wondering if i should be playing as feral or boomy!
    I have played feral for a while (TBC) and decided to try boomy on release of MoP. (please don't give the 'what ever spec you prefer' answers... i really do like both of these specs the same) so i am trying to determine which spec is best at the moment and will most likely continue to be viable in future patches. I'm mainly looking for the spec that would be better for 2v2 & 3v3.
    If some one could reply asap it would be greatly appreciated, want to spend my conquest points on a wep this week but don't know if it should be for boomy or feral!
    Thanks heaps everyone ! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral

I think boomkins require more skill and especially more communication with your arena partners. If played well you could push high ratings as boomkin, but in general ferals will be better due to the survivability CDs and constant pressure.

Feral would be better for arenas, if you want to RBG go boomkin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Feral would be better for arenas, if you want to RBG go boomkin.
    Pretty much this, I can tell you boomkin in BG's is a hell of a lot of fun, not often mentioned but I would definitely tell you to get glyph of stars in BG's for some reason people target me half as much now as when I was a giant owl beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Pretty much this, I can tell you boomkin in BG's is a hell of a lot of fun, not often mentioned but I would definitely tell you to get glyph of stars in BG's for some reason people target me half as much now as when I was a giant owl beast.
    Temple + Boomkin = even more fun. Pop cd's in middle, start CA dotting everything.
    Id recommend it to anyone who has nothing to do and wants to screw around

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Temple + Boomkin = even more fun. Pop cd's in middle, start CA dotting everything.
    Id recommend it to anyone who has nothing to do and wants to screw around
    I can only imagine... haha seeing full screen of dots ticking on everybody

Exactly right. Feral is great at tunneling someone down but if you want to inflict some battleground-wide hurt you go laser-rooster. I didn't know that about glyph of stars though, might be interesting to try.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also grab glyph of falling grace, awesome in ab and eots.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Feral is funner imo, but both specs are capable of pushing high rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    LOL I've experienced the same thing. Glyph of stars made it so much easier to free cast, although incarnation(big red armored owlbeast) still screams "CC ME."

But yeah if you're doing arenas feral will be the *easier* spec to get a higher rating with. It isn't that boomkin can't get high ratings. Boomkins can keep great pressure on opponents through multi dotting, CCs, etc, but Boomkins don't have the same level of burst unless you happen to get a SF crit followed by an instant SS crit. A lot of it depends on who you're playing with, CC rotations, etc. When I run 3s(as boom) with a warrior and healer I don't have to worry about breaking anyone's CCs so I have everyone dotted and get lots of SS procs There's a huge difference in SS procs between having dots on 2 targets and 3 targets.

For RBG/BG boomkin is really fun. IMO one of the strongest classes for raw damage output. It's pretty amazing when you have incarnation up and get 3x starfalls+the dots and ss procs to go with it. Makes DK cleave look pitiful And the only thing you'll really be hard casting while in RBG is cyclone/roots unless you're doing an FC burn. Even then you can usually manage multiple SS procs in sequence.

Deleted
    Balance will never be good in PvP unless you have a healer back you up, just the sad truth.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyPie View Post
    Balance will never be good in PvP unless you have a healer back you up, just the sad truth.
    Isn't that any class? The game isn't balanced around 1v1...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you set up in a place like the roofs on WSG (mushrooms + Wild Charging back up + typhoon + vortex) you can survive quite some time.

Boomkins have always been better in group situations like BGs. Sitting in the back, multi-dotting people + freecasting is really cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not true, I don't do this bad.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose