Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    What happened to WoW?

    Wtf happened to WoW, why is it dying.

    I remember old day in WotLK and mmo-champions forums. You could refresh the page and you would have new page full of just created threads, front page was being updated constantly, everyone was tracking progress and overall we were hyped as fuck.

    What happened?

  2. #2
    This thread will go far.

    I can sense it.

  3. #3
    1. WoW is not dying.

    2. The game is 8 years old. Of course interest will decline.

  4. #4
    Nothing happened. It's still incredibly vibrant and popular.

    No one is tracking progress because progress for the tier has been finished, and everyone was hyped during it.

    Gtfo hipster thread.

  5. #5
    I'm not sure what you're seeing, but on the front news have posted a few interviews from within the past few days. What is your definition of constantly? Because it's not the same as mine as it would seem.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  6. #6
    It is irrelevant if I agree with you or not but this thread will not end up well. IBTL.

  7. #7
    Present the evidence, don't just jump to a conclusion right off the bat.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 04:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    No one is tracking progress because progress for the tier has been finished, and everyone was hyped during it.
    If progress for the tier has stopped, that's rather troubling, since very few guilds have cleared the raid content on even normal mode (4461 guilds as of this morning have downed Sha of Fear normal, according to wowprogress.com).
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2012-12-09 at 04:28 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Present the evidence, don't just jump to a conclusion right off the bat.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 04:27 PM ----------



    If progress for the tier has stopped, that's rather troubling, since very few guilds have cleared the raid content on even normal mode.
    Sure personally guilds are progressing, but why should the community be excited about the 600th guild to clear Terrace. That's what I was getting at. All of the great guilds are done progressing.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    589
    I am losing interest in this game. Give me a fabulous horde server to go to because Alliance is bland after 7 years of tasting the same crap.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    I am losing interest in this game. Give me a fabulous horde server to go to because Alliance is bland after 7 years of tasting the same crap.
    Illidan if you're American and a good player.

    Even if you're a bad player, the population alone makes up for it.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    Sure personally guilds are progressing, but why should the community be excited about the 600th guild to clear Terrace. That's what I was getting at. All of the great guilds are done progressing.
    Back in a day we were all checking our progress even thought we knew we are way behind. Progress, Gearscore and other various stats, all good stuff.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Back in a day we were all checking our progress even thought we knew we are way behind. Progress, Gearscore and other various stats, all good stuff.
    My guild does that. My friends guilds do that.

    I don't know what you're getting at.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Back in a day we were all checking our progress even thought we knew we are way behind. Progress, Gearscore and other various stats, all good stuff.
    ...Nothing has changed. I think you're just grasping at straws.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Lovestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,079
    Ummm

    It's kind of like getting a wave of nostalgia and going back, digging out your first console system and that one game you loved on it, expecting to have so much fun playing it again because you remember it being SO AWESOME when you first got it.

    And then you're like... "This is okay... but..." And somehow your memories of how AWESOME it was at the time don't seem to meet your expectations based on what you're actually playing.

    Yet it's an old console game, it cannot possibly have changed in any way since you last played it.

    Ah, I see. The only explanation is that you have changed and what was once awesome doesn't do it for you the same way any more.

    But MMOs... it's much easier to blame the game when it comes to MMOs, because they do change and update. Yet the reality is probably the exact same situation as the old console game: It's still the same old thing. But you aren't, and neither are your desires and expectations.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Wtf happened to WoW, why is it dying.

    I remember old day in WotLK and mmo-champions forums. You could refresh the page and you would have new page full of just created threads, front page was being updated constantly, everyone was tracking progress and overall we were hyped as fuck.

    What happened?
    If you're at the top you only can go down, you know. Nothing special here tbh

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    Sure personally guilds are progressing, but why should the community be excited about the 600th guild to clear Terrace. That's what I was getting at. All of the great guilds are done progressing.
    When has anybody ever been excited about the 600th guild to clear anything? The way things are now is the way they've always been - the top progression guilds clear the content, and then everybody else clears it when they get to it, and then a new patch comes out and it happens again.

    How excited do you get the fourth time it snows every winter?

  17. #17
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,530
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Wtf happened to WoW, why is it dying.

    I remember old day in WotLK and mmo-champions forums. You could refresh the page and you would have new page full of just created threads, front page was being updated constantly, everyone was tracking progress and overall we were hyped as fuck.

    What happened?
    You remember, yet you signed up just now? Yeah right - oh..and to let the mods decide, I hit the reort button for flame baiting
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  18. #18
    Titan Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    11,191
    old day in WotLK
    wotlk was old days? :S

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    ....Gearscore and other various stats, all good stuff.
    *cringe*
    Gearscore was a stupid fad of WotLK and I'm pretty sure most of the community's happy that it's gone ._.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    When has anybody ever been excited about the 600th guild to clear anything? The way things are now is the way they've always been - the top progression guilds clear the content, and then everybody else clears it when they get to it, and then a new patch comes out and it happens again.

    How excited do you get the fourth time it snows every winter?
    I agree with you, which is why I don't understand what the OP is getting at. Why are you attacking me and not him?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •