View Poll Results: Do you want Thrall back as Warchief?

Voters
328. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    48 14.63%
  • Yes, but Warchief Thrall, not Warchief Go'el.

    104 31.71%
  • Yes, but Warchief Go'el, not Warchief Thrall.

    12 3.66%
  • No, I want a new Warchief.

    164 50.00%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    The fanboy in me wants Saurfang, but I doubt it will happen. I want Thrall only if Aggra falls in a ditch somewhere and dies.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    The fanboy in me wants Saurfang, but I doubt it will happen. I want Thrall only if Aggra falls in a ditch somewhere and dies.
    What is wrong with Aggra? (apart from being a possible pun from a well known magic phrase!) I think its a good character development in having thrall meet her grow close to him and their having a child. It kind of brings him full circle, him having never known his parents to him being raised as a slave rises up to free his people and lead them to a brighter future setting aside his own personal desire to be a father. To him now being in a position of being a father and in a situation his father found him self in. Do I stand up against the horde (which his father did in a way and paid with his life) or step away from it all. (when you think about it its almost the SAME exact position his father and mother with an infant child and the horde taking on a very dark path that can only lead to destruction)

    Clearly Thrall takes after his father and will stand up against the horde and will come back.

  3. #183
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    The fanboy in me wants Saurfang, but I doubt it will happen. I want Thrall only if Aggra falls in a ditch somewhere and dies.
    we killed saurfang, repeatedly, two expacs ago.





    There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

  4. #184
    ALL PRIASE WARCHIEF SYLVANNAS

    .............but in all seriousness, i see Vol'jin taking a run at the top spot.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    we killed saurfang, repeatedly, two expacs ago.
    We killed his son, Dranosh. Varok is very much alive. http://www.wowpedia.org/Varok_Saurfang

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 04:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    What is wrong with Aggra? (apart from being a possible pun from a well known magic phrase!) I think its a good character development in having thrall meet her grow close to him and their having a child. It kind of brings him full circle, him having never known his parents to him being raised as a slave rises up to free his people and lead them to a brighter future setting aside his own personal desire to be a father. To him now being in a position of being a father and in a situation his father found him self in. Do I stand up against the horde (which his father did in a way and paid with his life) or step away from it all. (when you think about it its almost the SAME exact position his father and mother with an infant child and the horde taking on a very dark path that can only lead to destruction)

    Clearly Thrall takes after his father and will stand up against the horde and will come back.
    I'm not against Thrall having a love interest. Aggra just feels too forced. Not to mention all she seems to do is whine and call him Go'el repeatedly.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-12-11 at 04:40 PM.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So because I don't like warmongering, idiotic orcs that means I must dislike all orcs? Which part of admiring the honorable orcs who understood what real honor meant didn't you understand? Saurfang, Durotan, Draka, Eitrigg, most of the frostwolves, examples of orcs who live beyond the warmonger cut and paste tools such as in Garrosh's current horde. The orcs were far better before all this crap happen.
    Eitrigg fought in both the First and Second Wars and had no problem with it whatsoever until he found out about Gul'dan and Kil'jaeden. Durotan, Draka and all the other Frostwolves are like Wildhammer dwarves. They aren't a playable faction.

    Then there's Saurfang. In case you managed to forget it, Saurfang reached his current state of being by wading through an ocean of blood. He understands what honor means because he drank demon blood, razed Shattrath and Stormwind and slaughtered children with such regularity that he can't go near a swine farm without being reminded of the death screams. Saurfang is honorable and fights his warlike urges because he knows exactly what lies down that path, but in actual deeds he makes Garrosh look like a boy scout, even with Theramore under his belt. And here's the thing - he's still not over it entirely. Go play the Horde-side ICC gunship battle and crank the sounds up. Listen to him order the Alliance to be annihilated (exact word) without a single attempt at diplomacy.

    This is a recurring pattern for orcs. Do horrible things and learn the right path the hard way. The only wise orcs are old ones that have a lifetime of sins to reflect upon. Or Thrall, Thrall started wise for some reason. But if you hurled aside every brash young orc that hasn't yet acquired his moment of clarity, there wouldn't be too many orcs left. And as far as I'm concerned, Nazgrim hasn't done a damn thing which could be considered dishonorable or unbecoming of a Horde warrior, which makes him a pretty rare find lore-wise.

  7. #187
    Field Marshal Xiaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    90
    Dippy and Bruce for Joint Warchief 2013!

  8. #188
    Thrall?!??! WTF, why should people want a emo carebear leader?!?!?


    We want Garrosh, we want blood!!!!!
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

    "PvP is like playing chess"

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by AiAtola View Post
    Thrall?!??! WTF, why should people want a emo carebear leader?!?!?


    We want Garrosh, we want blood!!!!!
    We want blood, but we also want someone that can spill blood of enemies, not our own.

  10. #190
    Warchief Zeror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,235
    Thrall is a good guy, but i think Thrall needs a better role then just being Warchief. I think Vol'Jin is better to fill in the role as Warchief of the Horde. Thrall can be the father of a new dragonflight. We still don't know what is growing inside Aggra. Is it Orc boy or girl? Is it a new dragon? We dont know.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Thrall is a good guy, but i think Thrall needs a better role then just being Warchief. I think Vol'Jin is better to fill in the role as Warchief of the Horde. Thrall can be the father of a new dragonflight. We still don't know what is growing inside Aggra. Is it Orc boy or girl? Is it a new dragon? We dont know.
    It's a baby Orc. I can be seen if you do the Dominance Offensive quests.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Thrall is a good guy, but i think Thrall needs a better role then just being Warchief. I think Vol'Jin is better to fill in the role as Warchief of the Horde. Thrall can be the father of a new dragonflight. We still don't know what is growing inside Aggra. Is it Orc boy or girl? Is it a new dragon? We dont know.
    It's an orc. The baby is in-game, already born. Gender ambiguous, but definitely and unequivocally orcish in general shape.

  13. #193
    Warchief Zeror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,235
    But what will the orc be when it's grown older? That is the question.

  14. #194
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It's an orc. The baby is in-game, already born. Gender ambiguous, but definitely and unequivocally orcish in general shape.
    it kinda looks like a girl if u ask me

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 07:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    We want blood, but we also want someone that can spill blood of enemies, not our own.
    maybe if the Horde leaders stopped their bickering over what to do and focused on slaying Alliance.......
    Oh we can dream
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •