Poll: how do u feel about this concept

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Necromancer Hero Class Ideas

Howdy howdy howdy XD,

Once again, your friend and humble class fanatic decided to make the wishes expressed by your vote in THIS thread, and came up with another class concept! Hope you ALL like it, and a special thanks to Northem, for keeping a lot of my motivation alive with his encouraging words .
    NOTE: Plz disregard any hero conotations within this class. I made it as a hero class starting from médium high lvl but now I'm not very sure if it fits the category =P

So, once again a heads up, this is not the final version! Any suggestions are welcomed!
    Credits go also to Oshigun

NECROMANCER

Necromancers are spellcasters whose magics manipulate the power of death. In calling upon this power, necromancers risk being consumed by it — until eventually they join the ranks of the undead. Necromancers twist arcane magic to manipulate the power of death. Commanding the undead, generally in the service of the Scourge, they gradually take on the characteristics of the dead — hollow eyes, shambling gaits, pallid and sunken skin, foul odors and so forth.

New weapon type: scythe- brings with it a 2 target hit chance
    this weapon is a special weapon that does not drop. This weapon is created after staves have been corrupted with special blades collected in special class specific quests. These blades are bop and indistructible even after you destroy the scythe. the stats vary depending on the staff you have and the blade.

Races: Forsaken, Troll, Orc, Human, Worgen, Night Elves

Requirements: requires a character with Scholomance dungeon completed in heroic mode

Armor: Leather with agility. /yh just like that, if ur lucky one day u'll see why XD

SPECS:

Animation- Focuses on protecting by animating inanimate objects or corpses and healing by sucking life energies from enemies and placing them on allies in a dirty and twisted fashion. This spec is a shadow healer.
    Animism teaches that all creatures and some objects have souls or spirits. But even non-natural objects like plate mail or iron are capable of being animated, if the dark power infused is controlled by an experienced Necromancer. The return to animism inspired revolutionary thoughts among some orcs. Now the orcs judge themselves spiritually superior. Tauren practice animism by revering a spirit they call the Earth Mother. The Earth Mother represents all the animistic forces of nature. But the undeniable truth for the Necromancers is that everything can be animated in this world and what is commonly thought of as an haunted object, for the Necromancer is nothing more than either a trapped soul who seeks release or an angry spirit with remorse. Either way, these are enough reasons for a Necromancer to set it on a twisted purpose.

Evocation - Focuses on heavy spawning by collecting corpses and superior pet control, specializing in the use of the magic school of evocation, which consists mostly of damage-dealing spells.
    As a former connoisseur of blunt magic, the Necromancer is well versed in the skill required to amass heavy enough energy and unleash it ruthlessly. But as what happened to with many others, power corrupts and the Evocation Necromancer started to seek new sources of power from already dead bodies and restless souls to fuel the need for more power. Needless to say that once his living shell became too weak to absorb, death was the only suitable answer to host such power.

Ascendance -Focuses on spectral avatar and melee damage without the need of many pets and some cc skills based on direct single target curses with aoe effects.
    A devotee death knight may throw off the shackles of their zombie-like body, becoming one with the Shadow. Those who succeed become shadow ascendants. Outsiders, however, do not understand the process that fuels the ascendant's evolution from a physically powerful (but slow) corpse to a quick and deadly shadow. By strengthening their ties to death and undeath, the ascendant manifests their inner Shadow, bonding with it until they become a living shadow.

RESOURCE

Dark Matter – Generated by doing damage and healing and is degenerated over time like rage. Any extra dark matter past 1000 is stored through a buff called 'Dark Soul' which works like a Dark Matter 'bank'. When you spend Dark Matter, your stacks of Dark Soul will decrease into your resource bar and fill it to 100%. Often, if you have a lot of Dark Matter in storage, you will see the number of Dark Soul stacks decrease rather than your resource bar. In practice, all abilities will generate 1/10 of their damage as Dark Matter

Necronomicon- (Special resource)takes the place of the normal Glyph Tome, grants automatic major glyphs that take up only the space of minor ones, using magic inks to hasten the casting time, chapters to allow abilities to benefit from haste stats and finally allowing the Necromancer an ultimate ability depending on the spec.

SPEC SPECIFIC RESOURCES:

Corpses(evocation): Corpses are collected through the meat wagon or can be used directly if they stand nearby the necromancer. The corpses are required to resurrect pets, and tame them as well.

Bone Shards & Bad Souls(animation): Up to 3 of each can be collected by the necromancer, and they share the UI below the dark matter. Bad Souls are collected through triggers of the Death Touched spell. Bone Shards on the other hand are collected whenever the Bone Tomb spell is destroyed.

Dark Essence(ascendance): Behaves similar to runic power. Except it isn’t a requirement for abilities, instead it boosts the damage or healing of certain abilities. Generates constantly based on your spirit but only after you reach max Dark Matter. Has a cap value of 1/50 of a normal mana bar and each value increases your AP by 100.
    GAMEPLAY

For starters, this class could be considered a distant cousin to the affliction warlocks and a direct cousin to Unholy Death Knights but it is worked around being ultimately unique by using Shadow to heal which is a new concept introduced to separate it from the DK’s knowledge of death magic and further more affliction locks and their demonic magic. So, this solidifies Necromancers as practitioners of a different branch of death magic. Besides that, there are also some abilities that are basically corrupted with undeath, becoming partially different from their original and natural states. This is the case with Shadownature and Shadowpoison damage.
    Now for the action part, Necromancers use multiple pets at the same time. The pets are something like a bodyguard/entourage and each spec has a unique team of specific pets that function differently. For the Ascendance spec, the pet is a lesser form of the Necromancer, for the Evocation spec it is possible to have up to 3 pets at the same time and they will work similar to a hunter’s pets. For the Animation spec, up to 4 pets can active at the same time but these can be sustained with a special resource and are served mainly as tools for healing and/or soloing.
    In combat, the Necromancer cannot exceed a very short to medium range from his spells, which is made even more evident to the ascendance spec that uses mainly melee skills. This condition also applies to the pets in the case of the Evocation Necromancer, which makes the Necromancer a moving fortress when he is surrounded by all pets. However, this condition does not apply to Animation Necromancers so that they can place their pets in strategic areas for healing. And since the Ascendance spec already is forced into melee range, his pet can walk around as far as any other pet of the other classes.
    The upside for being a caster with short range is that it can hit various opponents with many of his spells, crossing the “one target only” frontier and involving interesting gameplay in order to achieve a perfect combination of power divided between as many targets as possible, without overusing the resource. To finalize this, Necromancers also have access to the Necromicon (Book of the Dead), which is a different type of Glyph Tome that is filled automatically throughout the levels and improves the Necromancer’s powers. However, for balance purposes, necromancers cannot benefit from haste stats from other sources other than the Necronomicon’s benefits and weapon stats.

GAMEPLAY EXPLANATION:
    -Necronomicon: is basically the spell book with some perks here and there and a final ultimate perk.

-Dark Matter: basic resource similar to mana but not only is it generated constantly through spirit it is also generated through spells. No complication there I hope =). The funny bit starts when you finally cross the threshold of Dark Matter. This is when your necromancer will start to grow on the battlefield and in your heart =). When this happens the necromancer will assume its true place and form accessing its specific combat traits.

-Bone Shards & Bad Souls: an animation only alternative resource, it is used to balance the abuse of Dark Matter primarily but also to unlock some fun cc skills.

-Corpses: used by all specs in reality but not to the extent as the evocation spec does and neither as important. This spec is the only able to collect them and in turn is the one who will spend them constantly for summoning and re-raising their downed pets back into battle.

-Dark Essence: This resource is used to power up the regeneration of your health when in Spectral Form, boosting it up so you can be safe knowing that you will quickly recover your health even in death =P.

ABILITIES:

EVOCATION
    PET TABLE
    ANIMATION
    ASCENDANCE

talent tree:http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot.com

Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-11-25 at 07:25 PM.

What's the idea with having a DK that has completed Naxx?

Deleted
    While a DK is essentially a necromancer (through plague), it would be nice to see a Pet-heavy class (more-so than BM etc).
    Keep going with the awesome ideas ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Id LOVE to play an necromancer, but i want the necro from diablo 2, bone/poison spells would been AWESOME. bone would be physical and poison be nature
    But OPs ideas r also cool, would love to play that too

About the part with "dk needed to complete naxx" u could chose to remain an death knight or "upgrade" till necromancer
    This could easy be done within an starting zone
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    What's the idea with having a DK that has completed Naxx?
    lol done the edit now. perhaps it explains better =P?

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 05:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko93 View Post
    While a DK is essentially a necromancer (through plague), it would be nice to see a Pet-heavy class (more-so than BM etc).
    Keep going with the awesome ideas ^^
    THX A BUNCH XD! Hopefully I can get my closed threads to be magically reopened if Super Mod Santa answers me lol.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Id LOVE to play an necromancer, but i want the necro from diablo 2, bone/poison spells would been AWESOME. bone would be physical and poison be nature
    But OPs ideas r also cool, would love to play that too

About the part with "dk needed to complete naxx" u could chose to remain an death knight or "upgrade" till necromancer
    This could easy be done within an starting zone
    Hmm I never played diablo 3 but I can have a quick look and see what can I do to add some bone play into any of the specs. But there are already at least 2 bone based abilities that occur to me: Bone Fiend and Bone Tomb =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Armor:

Animation plate with int.
    Evocation plate with int.
    Ascendance plate with str.
    Aliwen - Resto Druid@US-Ragnaros

An unholy DK is a necromancer. Why on Earth would a Night Elf ever be associated with this class you propose? Necromancers animate/control the dead/undead, not inanimate objects.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithis View Post
    Armor:

Animation plate with int.
    Evocation plate with int.
    Ascendance plate with str.
    HAHA are you trying to fool me sir ?? =P
    I think I know where this is coming from. You want to share the plate tokens of holy palas right?
    But try the battlemage concept in my signature and see if it answers ur troubles =)

Deleted
    I believe it was said that at some time the DK should have been a necromancer, but they made him into a death knight instead and put a lot of necro ideas they had into him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    An unholy DK is a necromancer.
    WTF? Then why is it not called Necromancer spec then...?!

Why on Earth would a Night Elf ever be associated with this class you propose?
    Blizzard could spin this

Necromancers animate/control the dead/undead, not inanimate objects.
    You should read the chapter about animism in wowiki. But anyhow, I can say u are wrong and it has the same weight as ur statement, since u provided no proof of it...

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    I believe it was said that at some time the DK should have been a necromancer, but they made him into a death knight instead and put a lot of necro ideas they had into him.
    You can find many common points in a priest and a pala and yet they still coexist. And since I am aware of both these facts, I tried to provide a unique enough gameplay and mechanics and spells for this class =)

This is a terrible idea. adding another class to an already unbalanced mix will not help anything. not to mention there isnt really much more a necromancer can bring that a dk / warlock would not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corayo View Post
    This is a terrible idea. adding another class to an already unbalanced mix will not help anything. not to mention there isnt really much more a necromancer can bring that a dk / warlock would not.
    please read the abilities and then comment again if u will =)

Wouldn't a necromancer be similar to a combination of a Warlock and Death Knight? I guess it would be kind of cool. Probably have a zombie, skeleton, or ghost pets. Zombie could be like a tanking type pet, Skeleton would be DPS and Ghost would be the caster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    HAHA are you trying to fool me sir ?? =P
    I think I know where this is coming from. You want to share the plate tokens of holy palas right?
    But try the battlemage concept in my signature and see if it answers ur troubles =)
    I like the idea of the followup to a dk, so to me it actually makes sense that they would use plate int gear, since they would be more of a "spellcasting" dk in my mind. Also i see no issue to having a second class/talent tree that uses plate int. All other armor types have atleast one other spec that also uses the spirit gear that the healers use except for paladins (cloth spirit = shadow) (leather spirit = boomkins) (mail spirit = elemental) (plate spirit = nothing)

This would actually be one of the best reasons as to why they might make a class like this. They would share some gear with another class but not take gear from an already crowded class/spec combination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    I like the idea of the followup to a dk, so to me it actually makes sense that they would use plate int gear, since they would be more of a "spellcasting" dk in my mind. Also i see no issue to having a second class/talent tree that uses plate int. All other armor types have atleast one other spec that also uses the spirit gear that the healers use except for paladins (cloth spirit = shadow) (leather spirit = boomkins) (mail spirit = elemental) (plate spirit = nothing)

This would actually be one of the best reasons as to why they might make a class like this. They would share some gear with another class but not take gear from an already crowded class/spec combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post

A spellcasting DK can be done without this much hassle by just giving the DK a spellcasting spec, if enough people want it. For me at least, the necromancer does not need any more similarities with the DK and the leather intellect gear is only represented by moonkin and monks so it balances it just about right.
    Your argument for the plate int+spirit did not fall into deaf ears and I think you can find what ur looking for in my battlemage class =). Hope u understand my pov on this one m8 =^)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmistress View Post
    Wouldn't a necromancer be similar to a combination of a Warlock and Death Knight?
    Isnt Death Knight just combination of paladin and warlock?
    Isnt paladin just combination of warrior and priest?
    Isnt Orc just combination of Ork and human?

trying again are we Don?
    well i suppose good luck, not that it'll get anywhere more than any other attempt has.

your ideas suffer too much from trying to be cool. don't try to make a class and shove it into the game, look at what is in game (more than the skeleton frame) and work with that.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    WTF? Then why is it not called Necromancer spec then...?!
    Because they aren't. Simple as that. The Unholy Death Knight focuses on necromantic energy, anti-healing, raising the dead, empowering the undead, spreading disease and corrupting the land around them so nothing can grow. They are necromancers. Just "Battle Necromancers." They have a permanent undead ally for Thrall's sake.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    trying again are we Don?
    well i suppose good luck, not that it'll get anywhere more than any other attempt has.

your ideas suffer too much from trying to be cool. don't try to make a class and shove it into the game, look at what is in game (more than the skeleton frame) and work with that.
    I think someday ur gonna be surprised with what others can accomplish . But besides that I think u are entitled 2 ur opinion and I gracefully accept it. After all, as one says, opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink-shameless =)

i have all the faith in the world in your ability to make a class worthy of the game, you just don't seem to be taking it seriously yet.

the problem is, you believe you are taking it seriously. i'm not speaking form a place of ignorance though, you know me well Don. i've been here with you before.
    you try too hard to make a class that's all glimmer and flash, something that seems cool and you tool around to make it work. that's fine and fun, but it's not what's going to get you a class installed in WoW. you're designing classes for a game that's not made yet currently.

if you want one for WoW than you've got to work the other end around. find a basic concept like "necromancer" look at how the game currently uses that concept and what can be expanded. think hard on what's provided and not what you want. think hard on the basic mechanics and how they can be twisted some.

there is potential here, but you're not giving me steak, you're giving me sizzle and sizzle.... well sizzle doesn't have a shelf life.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!