Thread: DPS as Holy??

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    85

    Arrow DPS as Holy??

    First of all English is not my native language.

    For days I have a question on how much DPS can a holy paladin, both PVP and PVE.

    Do not know if anyone has tried and can share these experiences ...

    thanks

  2. #2
    If us use dps glyphs and talent u can easy pull nice amount of burst dmg.

    In pve u can pull 50k+ dps on some boss.

    In pvp is fun to run bg as shockadin and kill people with decent amount of healing- i play this way from beginning of expansion and love it

  3. #3
    Epic! GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,686
    Shockadin will do the same amount as damage as a Mistweaver that's gone full dps gear etc.

    Not that much.

    But it's good for PvP.

    {◕ ◡ ◕}

  4. #4
    in PvE - not worth it
    PvP - in BGs as a surprise factor or in arenas as extra bit of spike, before coming back to your calling (aka Heal)

  5. #5
    It's fun in PVP to help burn someone down with Denounce/Shock. I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER glyph for Shock damage, but I find using the Denounce glyph can provide some support. Don't forget the Denounce nullifies crits used by the target for 4 seconds - wiping out the strongest tool of crit heavy specs/classes can save lives.

  6. #6
    Epic! GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,686
    I retract my previous statement.

    Step 1) Spec Shockadin
    Step 2) Queue for LFR as damage
    Step 3) Be 5th/6th every fight.
    Step 4) ????
    Step 5) Profit!


    {◕ ◡ ◕}

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I retract my previous statement.

    Step 1) Spec Shockadin
    Step 2) Queue for LFR as damage
    Step 3) Be 5th/6th every fight.
    Step 4) ????
    Step 5) Profit!


    {◕ ◡ ◕}
    I approve. It's also good enough do my dailies with which makes me happy as I would hate to run around as prot doing them.

  8. #8
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    85
    ty guys


    I read a bit and it seems that this expansion is easier to DPS in caster that melee ...

    But I'll try to improve my holy gear

    P.D. Just a question, if I go to LFR holy gear the loot is melee or caster ???

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijin View Post

    P.D. Just a question, if I go to LFR holy gear the loot is melee or caster ???
    as your are in holy spec it should give you holy gear.

    little off topic question. Is it faster to do dailys as holy or prot? Im doing them as prot to gather liek 10 mobs and wear them down, but it takes time...

  10. #10
    The Patient Lypo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    225
    50k DPS as holy with DPS glyphs? Really? That's terrible. I pull that without the DPS glyphs. If I had the DPS glyphs and was reforging for crit or haste instead of mastery, my DPS would skyrocket. Holy Paladin DPS really is outstanding at the moment, just using wings and divine favor and doing some DPS I can jump up to 60k and lead the DPS for the rest of almost any boss in heroics. I'd test it in raids, but I'm usually healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.

  11. #11
    Which Glyphs are people using for this? The four that jump out at me would be:

    Harsh Words
    Denounce
    Holy Shock
    Word of Glory

    But of those, I'm not sure between Denounce or WoG which would be the better choice.

    Edit: If I had to guess, I'd say WoG, as Denounce is a fairly short cast as it is, and lowering it by 1 second wouldn't do much good overall.
    Last edited by Xorn; 2012-10-27 at 07:44 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by drulis View Post
    as your are in holy spec it should give you holy gear.

    little off topic question. Is it faster to do dailys as holy or prot? Im doing them as prot to gather liek 10 mobs and wear them down, but it takes time...
    Retribution

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Which Glyphs are people using for this? The four that jump out at me would be:

    Harsh Words
    Denounce
    Holy Shock
    Word of Glory

    But of those, I'm not sure between Denounce or WoG which would be the better choice.

    Edit: If I had to guess, I'd say WoG, as Denounce is a fairly short cast as it is, and lowering it by 1 second wouldn't do much good overall.
    harsh words and holy shock are mandatory, WoG only works to increase your damage when used to heal so its not that good
    I'm using HS, HW, Illumination to help with mana.

  14. #14
    why would you wanna dps as holy in pve tho? spam 1 button and do mediocre dps, instead of just going ret and do twice the amount?

    I mean sure, I can do 50-60k dps as holy with cds, with full spirit/mastery reforge in ilvl~486 holy gear, but is it fun? fuck no. I can do more than that with my blue ret gear, and I get a much more intresting "rotation"

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    why would you wanna dps as holy in pve tho? spam 1 button and do mediocre dps, instead of just going ret and do twice the amount?
    because you like ranged dps, ret doesnt do ranged dps they are stupid melee.

  16. #16
    well, then you rolled the wrong class :P

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    well, then you rolled the wrong class :P
    and you are clearly in the wrong thread.

  18. #18
    I bet it will eventually turn into 4th spec: Exorcist

    DPS, casterplate, would be awesome.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    WoG only works to increase your damage when used to heal so its not that good
    I thought so too but it actually works together on Live (didn't work in late beta (hotfix) but at some point after launch worked again). It will again not work in 5.1 though.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    I thought so too but it actually works together on Live (didn't work in late beta (hotfix) but at some point after launch worked again). It will again not work in 5.1 though.
    Oh, I knew it wasnt working so I wasn't using it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •