10+ Year Old Account

Once again frustrated with being ignored

why are dks one of the only class to have no new info on, no blue post, and no q&a

i wanta understand the direction there going with dks and see some feedback from the developers.

anyone else feel like i do?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostomc View Post
    why are dks one of the only class to have no new info on, no blue post, and no q&a

i wanta understand the direction there going with dks and see some feedback from the developers.

DONE!

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    ¨What do you think of DK survival in pvp? I quit mine because I realized in premop patch that we were going to be easy target
    If you can get a DK to blow all def cooldowns, then they're easier to kill, but you still have Blood Presence. (Source)

Why is Blood getting nerfed PvP wise? We have no mobility what so ever.. we are easily kited.WTF. Compensate for the nerf?
    We don't like invulnerable tanks in PvP even if they are slow. Blood had too much self-healing in PvP. (Source)

Yes. A subsection of every class always feels the way you do, that their class is under powered and ignored, and always will.

Dk's are a failed class when it comes to pvp design simply due to the limitations of the rune system.

Personally I would make all offensive abilities use the secondary resource "forgot what it is called", All defense abilities however would use the rune system instead of having baked in cooldowns per ability.

Of course in order for that to be done each type of rune would have to have different cooldowns or you would have to sacrifice multiple runes to use the major defensive cd's

At the beginning of the first Blizzcon panel GC ever did, he asked the crowd how many of us thought that there was any class in WoW that was OP. A huge cheer erupted. He then asked how many of us thought our own class was OP. you could hear a pin drop. His response? "You just learned more about game and class design than any 4 year college will teach you". It was kinda brilliant.

Everybody at some point thinks their class is getting the shaft from the developers. But most of the time it's either the player themselves that are bad or that their idea of "balance" is closer to "my class should be awesome and every other class should suck".
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    At the beginning of the first Blizzcon panel GC ever did, he asked the crowd how many of us thought that there was any class in WoW that was OP. A huge cheer erupted. He then asked how many of us thought our own class was OP. you could hear a pin drop. His response? "You just learned more about game and class design than any 4 year college will teach you". It was kinda brilliant.

Everybody at some point thinks their class is getting the shaft from the developers. But most of the time it's either the player themselves that are bad or that their idea of "balance" is closer to "my class should be awesome and every other class should suck".
    Absolutely. I'm big on PvP this expansion - for the first time in a real PvP arena team, so far reaching 1300 rating in two 1 hour sessions. I'm really enjoying the battlegrounds, racking up 29,000 honor so far this season. For all the hours I've thrown into it, I've found that we're just fine. There is not a single class that I haven't managed to kill. Now that doesn't mean that I don't get smashed sometimes (warriors/paladins), but it does come down to your skill and practice. Don't let warlocks get off a chaos bolt. Save IBF for getting frozen by frost mages. Force paladins to bubble and switch targets, don't just come after them. Learn to drop D&D and slow to get away or get others off you. Game your runes and use BT on NS against casters instead for Oblit/HB.

i don't know about you but i'm handling pretty well in PvP, yes DKs may not shine in arenas but their incredible asset to RBG teams being a tank or healer killer along with "sabotaging" assignments as UH. there isn't really a caster that can do something against smart DK burst(Coi+RW on trinket CD) or killing pets for healing effect increased from DS(rarely see ppl doing it) non talking about ghoul stun+IBF+RW on pet+hunter(with DG ofc) to halt hunter's burst.
    Play DW frost if you specing into it(use NS on DR all the time).
    Having problem with melee? switch to blood presence while under burst and use blood tap to burst them back with obliterates till they might heal(retri, use NS around 50%,warriors around 40% due second wind).

Be glad you get the occasional blue post and reference on GC's twitter!

Unlike Monks, who have been completely ignored, we have gotten some major nerfs in the past couple weeks and we didn't get a single word from Blizzard, and the few times we're mentioned on ghostcrawler's twitter it's a usually some kind of smartass remark.