1. #1

    Wondering if im on par..

    I was curious of what other people were pulling on raiding dummies and if im right about where I should be? I know this isn't accurate for determining dps but it will show if im on par with my current gear compared to other warriors.

    Right now only using self buffs no flask or food im pulling 54-56k over about 6-8 mins. Heres a link to my armoery http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tions/advanced. Main reason im wondering about this is that im really starting to fall behind my other guildies in dps. At the beginning of MoP I was topping the meters. Now everyone outgears me by 8-10 ilvls and im sitting at the bottom. But I really wanna make sure that this is a gear issue and not a rotation issue. Rotation I can fix, gear well thats a different story.

  2. #2
    54-56k seems about right i think on target dummy....Once you get new weapons u'll see queit abit of a jump in your DPS. So hope for some new weapons soon

    I pull about just abit over 60k+ or something on mine, but i have epic weapons.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post
    54-56k seems about right i think on target dummy....Once you get new weapons u'll see queit abit of a jump in your DPS. So hope for some new weapons soon

    I pull about just abit over 60k+ or something on mine, but i have epic weapons.
    Alrighty makes me feel a little better lol. I was planning on switching over to SMF to. I

  4. #4
    Those weapons of your are pretty much your biggest concern. With the replacement of those you will see a drastic increase I can promise you that.
    And as playing a fury warrior rage management can't be stressed enough. Properly usage of fullragenukes during Colossus Smash is probably the greatest way to determine a bad warrior from a good one.

    I experienced a roughly 15-20k dps increase from grabbing dual 496 SMF weps during a raidlockout. And after the MH upgrade Simcraft told me that getting an offhand with that would increase me further by 5k which seemed reasonable considering the amount of dmg i now pull out.

    So yeah hang in there, maybe even save coins for bosses that drops weapons? And make up excuses for when you perfom badly and you'll see this sort itself out eventually!

    Good luck

  5. #5
    anyone else have any input?

  6. #6
    Hard to judge dps on a raiding dummy logs would be easier but the numbers seem on par. What for dps are you pulling in raids? I'm pulling around 80k most of the time as arms with similar gear.

  7. #7
    At your gear level, I'm pulling 20k more dps as Arms.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    At your gear level, I'm pulling 20k more dps as Arms.
    On a raid dummy?

  9. #9
    Measuring dps on a dummy feels to me pretty pointless. Sure you can practice up for a perfecty executed rotation, but a perfect rotation doesn't exist when it matters (in raids that is) unless the fight is totally staionary (is there any?). Dps in a raid-environment is probably more like 70% rotation (yea I pulled that one out from a hat), and 25% from knowledge of boss mechanics and how to handle them (5% rng).
    For instance:
    -Spirit kings: Anticipate movement and get high uptime on rude-interruption.
    -Zorlok: Dancing with attenuation while still doing dps, and berserker stance during force n verve.
    -Tayak: Know when he vanishes so that you don't use CDs and get good at running in phase 2.
    -Garalon: Stay in circles (lol), heroic leap and charge to next leg and if you need to run to next leg, don't just run but strafe and dps boss in the meantime.

    I guess you get my point now. Knowing a boss inside-out does alot to your ability to pull out more dps than just focus on skill-rotation.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by zcorn View Post
    Measuring dps on a dummy feels to me pretty pointless. Sure you can practice up for a perfecty executed rotation, but a perfect rotation doesn't exist when it matters (in raids that is) unless the fight is totally staionary (is there any?). Dps in a raid-environment is probably more like 70% rotation (yea I pulled that one out from a hat), and 25% from knowledge of boss mechanics and how to handle them (5% rng).
    For instance:
    -Spirit kings: Anticipate movement and get high uptime on rude-interruption.
    -Zorlok: Dancing with attenuation while still doing dps, and berserker stance during force n verve.
    -Tayak: Know when he vanishes so that you don't use CDs and get good at running in phase 2.
    -Garalon: Stay in circles (lol), heroic leap and charge to next leg and if you need to run to next leg, don't just run but strafe and dps boss in the meantime.

    I guess you get my point now. Knowing a boss inside-out does alot to your ability to pull out more dps than just focus on skill-rotation.
    Learning the fights allows you to perform better, sure, but if you don't know your class first you're not gonna pull good numbers. There's nothing wrong with spending some time on a raid dummy. Of course a real fight is different, but knowing the basics well is certainly not a disadvantage.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by zcorn View Post
    Measuring dps on a dummy feels to me pretty pointless. Sure you can practice up for a perfecty executed rotation, but a perfect rotation doesn't exist when it matters (in raids that is) unless the fight is totally staionary (is there any?). Dps in a raid-environment is probably more like 70% rotation (yea I pulled that one out from a hat), and 25% from knowledge of boss mechanics and how to handle them (5% rng).
    For instance:
    -Spirit kings: Anticipate movement and get high uptime on rude-interruption.
    -Zorlok: Dancing with attenuation while still doing dps, and berserker stance during force n verve.
    -Tayak: Know when he vanishes so that you don't use CDs and get good at running in phase 2.
    -Garalon: Stay in circles (lol), heroic leap and charge to next leg and if you need to run to next leg, don't just run but strafe and dps boss in the meantime.

    I guess you get my point now. Knowing a boss inside-out does alot to your ability to pull out more dps than just focus on skill-rotation.
    I get what your saying, but it wasn't as much of a mechanics issue as much as a gear issue. I just got starshatter last night =D and I am now doing 68k on raid dummies and I ran the first part of msv lfr and ranked 52 on stoneguard and 118 on feng. =D

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,992
    IDK about dummies but I pull around 90k single target.

  13. #13
    I sustain about 70k and I'm 491.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"
    _________________________________________
    CPU: i5 2500k @3.3Ghz; GPU: MSi GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II
    RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance; MB: MSi Z68-G45 G3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •