Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Patch 5.1 BMAH Additions, Madness of Deathwing Solo, Blue Tweets, Weekly Roundup

Grenade Demon Hunter Budget Guide, Demon Hunter Cosplay, Curse Weekly Roundup

Patch 5.1 BMAH Additions
    Patch 5.1 added three new items to the BMAH. The first is a weapon with a fairly unique model, the Sun-Lute of the Phoenix King! The on use effect turns you in to Sig Nicious.

It has a reported starting bid of 70k, the same as the Arcanite Ripper. You can find a full list of the items on the BMAH here.

The other two items are old Proto-Drakes. The first is the Reins of the Plagued Proto-Drake, which was a reward of Glory of the Raider (10 player). The other is the Reins of the Rusted Proto-Drake, a reward of Glory of the Ulduar Raider (10 player).

Madness of Deathwing 10 Solo Kill
    Congratulations to Mionelol for another impressive solo kill.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    On a related note: Do you still feel that number changes are preferable over mechanical changes for all specs during an XP?
    Ya. More players quit because of constant class changes than quit because of balance concerns. Hard to believe maybe but true. (Source)

But GC in all fairness we have other classes standing up for us, its not us shamans vs the world
    Also "my warrior alt agrees with my shaman main." See the problem? That's not the same as an actual discussion with back and forth from both sides. Players never agree 100% with anything. (Source)
    Yo GC, try and show some respect to your playerbase /cast Busshock
    I respect our players a great deal or I wouldn't make such an effort to do this. That does not mean game design is up for a vote. (Source)

Why the huge nerf to glyphs in MoP? They seem, well, underwhelming. #wow
    They were a DPS increase before, but not an interesting one. Most players picked the highest DPS glyph and never changed them. (Source)

Do you think abilities such as Destro Rain of Fire or Halo should break Rogue's stealth? And if so why? It's too easy to break
    I would love to see only Flare and a few others break stealth, but that's a potentially destabilizing change. (Source)

Have you ever considered changing a spec from a pure dps class to a tank/heal spec?
    yes, but I don't think every one of those pure players would like that (& you can't just say they can ignore the new roles). (Source)
    With druids now having 4 specs to choose from, wouldn't it be possible to add them&not remove any specific spec?
    Druids have always been hybrids though. Maybe a rogue doesn't want to have to be considered a tank. (Source)
    I dont think most people would have to consider it. I assume if your in a raid you have a designated tank.
    Not that simple. If you have a tank as a class might be less room for DPS of same class. Also has gear, DPS, dual spec implications. (Source)

some classes/specs does not bring anything useful generally, hunters rogues come to mind these problems -continued
    We don't like balancing around awesome raid utility - just shifts the problem to who has strongest utility. (Source)

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    ¨What do you think of DK survival in pvp? I quit mine because I realized in premop patch that we were going to be easy target
    If you can get a DK to blow all def cooldowns, then they're easier to kill, but you still have Blood Presence. (Source)

Why is Blood getting nerfed PvP wise? We have no mobility what so ever.. we are easily kited.WTF. Compensate for the nerf?
    We don't like invulnerable tanks in PvP even if they are slow. Blood had too much self-healing in PvP. (Source)

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    I'm not sure why you just don't throw a 1 min CD on Healing Shrooms and scale them properly and be done with it at this point.
    that might get druids to use them, but that makes them like a lot of other spells and the game needs more variety not less. (Source)
    why not have mushroom healing to be increased based on a proc you receive by using another spell, like regrowth, etc
    potentially. Want to be a little careful not to add too many RNG procs though. (Source)

How long are we going to have to wait to see shifting out of snares removed?
    Not on our radar ATM. We don't want to nerf every counter in PvP, just the ones that feel super frustrating. (Source)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Is there a possible warlock-style redesign for hunters in future? New talents seem to cause button bloat and spread dps thin.
    We don't think hunters need a massive revamp (beyond range and ammo changes they already have). They do have too many buttons. (Source)

Regarding hunters, why is BW, a skill untouched for years suddenly OP? Also 5.1 changes nothing regarding MM being weak in pvp
    We don't think defenses used offensively makes good gameplay. They tend to get blown immediately not strategically. (Source)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Any chance Mages could get rune of power castable on the move?
    Don't want it to be a buff you just hit on cooldown. Agree it needs a little work. (Source)
    Any word on IW or Invocation?
    Invocation works for Arcane, but feels too maintenancy for others. IW is a bigger topic. (Source)

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Hey GC with the change in 5.1 making totems act as spells was it intended to nerf all specs or just resto ?
    it was intended as a nerf to totems. Now that they do things (not just buffs) they were hard to counter. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    How's the banner experiment working out? Have you guys contemplated any other cool banner style abilities for warriors?
    honestly, not sure yet. Still like the concept. Not sure if it's delivering on the fantasy. (Source)

PvP
    When you or one of the blizzard staff mentioned the 30% healing nerf in Battlegrounds, I hope you mean hybrids only.
    Nope. We suspect healing overall is too potent once burst is toned down. You shouldn't need to 100% CC a healer to score a kill. (Source)

Make PvP abilities a mod to PvE abilities = PvP changes isolated. Add PvP Stance for equipment/glyphs, fallback to PvE gear.
    We make abilities work differently as a later sort, but I for one don't want to have to earn two different rule sets. (Source)
    greg making two rule sets is the only way to fix the PVE vs PVP issue. have you not learned that yet?
    Disagree. Also even if true, perfect balance gains us nothing if a bunch of players leave because the rules are inscrutable. (Source)

A flightless Tol Barad-type zone is essential for world pvp. Do you regret not making one for MoP or plan to make one?
    We had done those zones 2 expansions in a row so felt it was time to let it rest a bit, but I bet we try them again in the future. (Source)

Why are the PvP achievements so limited? No 2,4k in 2v2. No 1k arenas won? 5k arenas won? Hot Hot Hot streak? #possibilities
    We'd like to add more but we need to make sure they don't encourage strange behavior. Ach farming in PvP can get silly fast. (Source)

I believe an open mind is more important than a title, experience after that. Sadly, even glads can be very biased.
    People who like to eat don't always make good cooks. That doesn't mean they can't tell you what they like to eat. (Source)
    Do you take advice from a master chef or some guy who just happens to enjoy food?
    Both. (Source)

So why nerf all specs? Reducing the benefit of mastery in PvP would fix resto, but ele isn't even viable pre-nerfs.
    We don't think it's all about the healing, and Resto PvE healing is fine. We think totems are too good. (Source)
    people will stop complaining about resto pvp nerfs if you nerf frost bomb/ warrior cd stacking/ resto drood control
    There are mage and warrior nerfs in 5.1. Keeping an eye on Cyclone for now. (Source)

I'm not giving up on skirmish arenas, never, ever. You know we want it. inb4 block :<
    We aren't either - it's just not going to be super soon. (Source)

Everyone agrees with him/her. This upgrade gear thing is going to make people quit the game. PvP is dying.
    claiming to speak for everyone always makes me suspicious. (Source)
    well, not everyone but the majority i think. btw, i would love to have that pvp forum on the US.
    just make good arguments and don't worry about invoking a huge crowd to agree with you. It's not a vote anyway. (Source)

Misc
    MoP was meant to get people out in the world, PvP was supposed to be king this xpac. Why nerf guild perk Quick and the Dead?
    dying is supposed to have some penalty. Since you have unlimited lives, downtime is the main one. (Source)

You ruined the joke just like you ruined Age of Empires and WoW...
    Changes no one asked for - Rpg home city. Homogenic empires and Clunky/Bad combat. Quite similar to WoW now
    .you don't get good games by just giving people what they ask for. Game design isn't just polling. (Source)
    Look at League of Legends Mr. Street, I'm sure it'd love to beg to differ.
    we're friends with all those guys. Pretty sure they don't turn over design to their community either. (Source)

What happened to balance/bug fix patches (eg 4.0.6)? It's frustrating to wait for next content patch to see much desired fixes
    We don't characterize patches that way. There are big patches (new raid tier / PvP season) and smaller ones. 5.1 is the latter. (Source)

But there is something to be said about testing your games.
    we do test our games. We have a huge QA department and we invite players to try out betas and PTRs. (Source)

just curious... do you collaborate w/ the other blizzard games, or does everyone stay in their own game areas?
    We collaborate a fair amount. Great to get outside opinions and see how others solve problems. Several temp or perma moves too. (Source)

Regarding items that aren't intended to ever go into the game (i.e. heroic raid trash), why are they made? Just curious.
    if we change loot tables late, then we already have the items ready. (Source)

... what to listen to, consciuously or not. You reap the results of that (horrible PVP, constant whines).
    I read the role and PvP forums regularly. Feedback is always valuable. It just doesn't always result in immediate change. (Source)

You need to listen to the people who play this game even more than the ones who created it.
    We do listen to them. We just don't let them order up game changes on their own. That would be interesting though. (Source)

Is there anywhere we can beg an audience with The GC with a longer character limit?
    I'd love to in a theoretical sense, but there are too many of you and one of me. (Source)

Computers - Setup of the Month (by chaud)
    Each month or every 2 months, depending on the hardware evolutions, the lovely chaud will work on a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!

This month
    The current SSD prices seem to have bottomed out for now, with almost all SSDs under $1 per gigabyte. A few sales have even gone under 50 cents per gigabyte, so look for something on sale! No new CPUs, GPUs, or SSDs worth waiting for are expected before late in the first or the second quarter next year.

Unless you are doing a lot of video rendering or something that is similarly multithreaded, you do not need the 3770K and should spend that money elsewhere.

Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date.

Don't hesitate to post any feedback in the comments of that news post, and don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions! If you are interested in Folding@home, take a look in our team's thread.

Peripherals/Monitors
    ComponentPuppy Dolphin
    MonitorAcer V223W EJBD 22-Inch Widescreen - $140ASUS VW246H 24-Inch Widescreen - $188
    KeyboardLogitech Media Keyboard K200 - $20Cyborg V.5 - $51
    MouseLogitech G400 - $30Razer Deathadder - $45
    SpeakersCreative A220 2.1 Speaker System - $27Logitech Z313 Speaker System - $40
    ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
    MonitorASUS VE278Q 27-Inch - $280HP ZR2440W 24-inch (IPS Panel) - $364
    KeyboardLogitech G110 - $60Razer BlackWidow (Backlit)- $70 ($137)
    MouseLogitech G500 - $45Razer Naga (Buttons on the Side) - $60
    SpeakersLogitech Z323 2.1 Speaker System - $60Logitech Speaker System Z523 - $80

Puppy and Dolphin
    Overclocked Puppy will outperform Dolphin when multiple threads are in use (Not WoW) and come close in most other cases.
    Mix and match anything but the CPU/Motherboard combo between Puppy and Dolphin. Pick one of the two CPU/Motherboard combos.
    Mix and match anything between Dolphin and Narwhal.
    ComponentPuppy Dolphin
    CaseNZXT GAMMA Classic - $35NZXT GAMMA Classic - $35
    Power SupplyCorsair CX500 - $59XFX Core Edition PRO 550W - $66
    CPUAMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition- $90Intel i3-3220 - $120
    HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - $25Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $32
    MotherboardASUS M5A97 R2 AM3+ 970 - $100Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H - $117
    MemoryKingston HyperX Blu 4GB 1333 - $198GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $40
    Graphics CardXFX 7770 - $109MSI 7850 Twin Frozr or Gigabyte GTX 660 OC - $205 / $236
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Caviar Blue 500GB - $60Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB - $100
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $23Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $23
    Total$539$698 - $731

Narwhal and Unicorn
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn. SSDs are always optional.
    ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
    CaseCooler Master HAF 912 - $60Cooler Master HAF X - $150
    Power SupplyCorsair 650TX V2 - $90Corsair 750HX - $148
    CPUIntel i5-3570K - $215Intel i7-3770K - $320
    HeatsinkThermaltake Frio - $60Noctua 6 NH-D14 - $81
    MotherboardASUS P8Z77-V LK - $112ASUS P8Z77-V - $190
    Memory8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $408GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $40
    Graphics CardXFX 7870 (7950) OR GIGABYTE GTX 660 Ti - $261 ($305) / $280Gigabyte 7970 OR GIGABYTE GTX 670 - $400 / $355
    Hard DriveWestern Digital 1TB Caviar Black - $100Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black - $100
    SSDSAMSUNG 840 128GB (Review) - $98
    OR
    OCZ 128 GB Vertex 4 (Review) - $110
    Crucial 128 GB m4 (Review) - $106
    OR
    Corsair Force Series GT 120 GB - $120
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $23Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $23
    Total$990 - $1090$1406 - $1543

Curse Weekly Roundup
    This week we have news on a Dignitas player being banned, the Marriland.com relaunch, Wowkemon Addon, Firefall Beta Keys, and your Game Release Forecast for next week.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-12-09 at 08:05 PM.

The Arcanite Ripper isn't new. It was there before 5.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the plagued proto has been on the BMAH before 5.1 aswell... could be mistaken.

Some things should've not been touched and Arcanite Ripper is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    The Arcanite Ripper isn't new. It was there before 5.1.
    That's not what it ment. It was previously unobtainable since the boss was removed after Wrath launched.

One of those Proto Drakes is still obtainable, why put them on the AH?

Oh, and Blizzard are dodging the quest about Shaman Totems. They were already easy to counter - you could kill them in a single hit. Now they are twice as easy to counter! If you're going to turn them into spells, remove the totem altogether and only keep it for Searing and Magma totems.

Deleted
    I really think putting Plagued proto-drake to BMAH is a mistake. May aswell throw in Black proto-drake in that case.

Deleted
    Gratz Mionelol very good video.

Deleted
    Some of those tweets are weeks, if not months old =/ You guys needs better screening or to post them more regularly.

Other than that, very nice solo from Mione. Looked like a tough one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    That's not what it ment. It was previously unobtainable since the boss was removed after Wrath launched.

There's already mounts that appear on the BMAH that are obtainable in game (White Polar Bear, White Hawkstrider, Mimiron's Head, etc.), disappointed about Plagued Proto-Drake (10 man) but no Black Proto-Drake (25 man).

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Some of those tweets are weeks, if not months old =/ You guys needs better screening or to post them more regularly.
    We are burning through old ones in the queue and trying to catch up. Anything older than mid/late Nov is only included for context.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Is the special snowflake unhappy some random person gets pixels he didn't want them to have?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    We are burning through old ones in the queue and trying to catch up. Anything older than mid/late Nov is only included for context.
    Ahh that makes sense I sometimes find I lose 20 minutes of my life when browsing through GC's tweets because I read something and then find myself flicking through his past week of tweets just to find the context of his most recent ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if you have a friend with arcanite reaper (turns you into undead) does Sun-Lute of the Phoenix Kin turn you into that blood elf singer?

Then you just need a orc trinket and a tauren. (and the manager)

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    So if you have a friend with arcanite reaper (turns you into undead) does Sun-Lute of the Phoenix Kin turn you into that blood elf singer?
    Yup, see the spell effect page: Sun-Lute's Song.

Change Model (Sig Nicious)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post

@_@

It isn't just yours.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

A DK soloing Madness? Why am I not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

Oh, and Blizzard are dodging the quest about Shaman Totems. They were already easy to counter - you could kill them in a single hit. Now they are twice as easy to counter! If you're going to turn them into spells, remove the totem altogether and only keep it for Searing and Magma totems.
    What Banur meant, is that Arcanite Ripper was in the BMAH before 5.1 went live. On EU-Dun Modr (spanish realm), Arcanite Ripper did appear 4 times before 5.1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ah great Blizzard are really scraping the bottom of the barrel this time, why even bother having achievments anymore, why dont we all just farm gold and buy things. World of Farmcraft, what a joke.
    May i ask, why are you even here? In every post you bitch about something in WoW. Why don't you leave MMO-Champion and do something interesting in your spare time?

Can't wait until you can buy the Scarab Lord title and mount, too. Disgusting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Articuno View Post
    Can't wait until you can buy the Scarab Lord title and mount, too. Disgusting.
    Why is that?