Blademaster

Gear upgrades and haste cap - Need advice

Hi

I need some tips about what to equip on my priest.
    I've been problems to get to haste cap, I'm not even close.
    Atm I'm at 6755 haste. What is to damn low for my current ilvl.

This is my toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...galan/advanced

I know I need some mandatory items to get haste capped, like the trinket from elagon, but it never dropped in LFR and my guild progress isn't that good yet. (4/6 2/6)

Now I have got some new pieces that would increase my Int, but will make me loose even more haste, and crit along.
    Thats why I'm not really sure if I should equip them or not. Was hoping to get some opinions;

Recently I got:
    Essence of Terror
    Drape of Gathering Clouds
    Healer's Belt of Final Winter

What would you equip considering stat/dps wise?
    Should I cripple my crit and specially my haste even more in exchange for a few more INT?[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 07:02 PM ----------

Halp

Opinions needed.
    Last edited by zirgalan; 2012-12-10 at 07:01 PM.

Gem Reckless in red, Energized in blue and quick in yellow, I don't have the elegon trinket yet, I'm haste capped.
    Definitely equip the trinket and belt, Cloak isn't that much of an upgrade.

My armory in sig

Logs:http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/15745/

Edit: Noticed you aren't hit capped either, you should get that sorted, 5100 rating(15%)
    Last edited by Vanchak; 2012-12-11 at 10:10 AM.

Sometimes your gear just won't allow you to get to haste cap without losing too much int. The breakpoint isn't a huge dps boost like everyone makes it out to be.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2012-12-11 at 10:33 AM.

Especially considering int/spellpower are weighted higher that haste. Don't stress too much about capping, but definitely make an effort to reach it by sacrifising crit/mastery/spirit and hit. (once you're hit capped)

Like Vanchak said, work on getting hit capped. Unless your goal is just to run dailies forever, you'll need it in heroics and raids.

Blademaster
    I've read that we can be a tiny bit below hit cap. That's why.
    It was like that back in cataclysm days.

I've checked more than once a full 3 hour raid log and there's no single miss on my spells.
    But anyway, will try to fix that.

My main doubt was about the trinket.
    It has a haste proc(that i don't consider much good for burst) + int , mine has int proc (sounds better for burst) + haste.
    Basically its ilvl471 int proc trinket vs ilvl483 haste proc trinket.

About the waist, I'm getting the one from shieldwall rep tomorrow, so I can forget the one I posted.

Still wondering about the back. If I change I will loose haste, in exchange I get mastery and a tiny bit off int.

If I can get more opinions it would be nice

ty

Pulled 129k dps on elagon with my current armory gear (ilvl485).
    Aint awesome, but I think its ok.
    Last edited by zirgalan; 2012-12-14 at 12:00 PM.

Really wish people would stop calling it a cap, but yeah ok. Just double check you stats after the "cap" because you may find that haste is still valuable after the "cap", hence why it isn't really a "cap".
    "I never met a miner who complained about the weather"

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Really wish people would stop calling it a cap, but yeah ok. Just double check you stats after the "cap" because you may find that haste is still valuable after the "cap", hence why it isn't really a "cap".
    I agree for the most part. I personally reforge different for each instance. But I hate when people call it a cap, in current gear it really isn't a cap. It's possible once we get a more accurate simC going that, in current gear(509 before upgrades), that the 8085 haste breakpoint will become a soft cap. Once the next tier comes out it will be very easy(hopefully) to reach the next vt breakpoint(after we no longer have 4pc t14). But for now, it is a safe assumption to just call it a breakpoint or haste thresh hold to not confuse people. Because they are very different.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryelulz