Poll: Do you suffer from clinical depression?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Ive been through my fair share of psycologists and was put on many drugs for depression and anxiety and they all worked for a while. Some better than others but they all faded. I only take kpins for attacks now and im trying to say it feels to me my depression a lack of hope that things will get better. Mine got better when i found hope. No drugs can give you that. It takes a long time to climb out of the hole but having something to fall back on makes the climb a lot easier.

Deleted
    This poll tells us that 80% of people have no idea what "clinical depression" means.

Deleted
    I have had depression but I survived it. Now it popes out every now and then, depending on things. Depression is quite common among my nations people.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2012-12-10 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    What such an ignorant thing to say. Clinical depression is a very real thing.
    From personal experience I think most real depressed people can't talk so openly about it. So I'l go ahead and say that you're talking BS and shouldn't take depression so lightly. Is it a real problem? Yes it is ... Half the people that are so called depressed really depressed? Most likely not.

I might sound harsh, but I hate people who act like their life is so hard when it is actually not...or in your case most likely not. I can't say for sure as I don't know you.

Deleted
    This topic makes you depressed. Hypochondriasis, that's what your family has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Attempted suicide for the 4th time last week. Have been last 4 years. Talking to a counselor now.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I don't consider myself depressed. Are their days when I wonder why I got out of bed? Sure but those pass and the sun rises again tomorrow. Funny thing is people THINK I am depressed. I like being alone and most of my friends take that as a sign I'm depressed. Not sure if this post adds anything but just my 2cents

No, I have bad days, weeks of course but overall pretty satisfied.

I sometimes have a bad day but then I just say fuck depression / sadness and just do / watch / think something fun and get over it. Guess I'm lucky. Watching How I Met Your Mother at the moment and that does help. Other than that I started doing more sports, helps too, that and coke (not the bad kind, although some say that could help).

I'm not happy most of the time, and certainly have days when I wish it would all end. But I am not suffering from some disease. I can easily point to reasons why I am not happy. I can also easily acknowledge most of my issues are rather weak compared to what other people live through with no issue.

I won't deny that clinical depression, as an illness, exists. I think, like most illnesses of the mind (depression, ADD, autism, etc.), the rate of incidence is blown out of proportion. Mainly because the whole illness has a very vague definition. For example, my mother asked for me to be tested for depression when I was younger. The "test" involved a 10 question exam. Mostly just stuff about what made me happy, whether I felt happy, etc. It was then followed up with the same exact exam three weeks later. Apparently I "failed" because the doctor determined at that point for my own happiness I should be medicated and "clinically depressed" was stamped into my medical record.

Everyone's not going to be happy all the time, at least until we're all hopped up on happy pills. Then we'll all be happy, and the pharmacists will be extra happy!
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    From personal experience I think most real depressed people can't talk so openly about it. So I'l go ahead and say that you're talking BS and shouldn't take depression so lightly. Is it a real problem? Yes it is ... Half the people that are so called depressed really depressed? Most likely not.
    Speaking about something like this on a forum is not really as open as you might think it is. Do you know who I am? No. Have you ever seen my face? No. Would I gain something from lying to you about something like this? No. Look at this as more of an anonymous medium for venting out your thoughts and experiences, and not something to be described as "open" since you clearly are in the wrong by claiming that it is. People are looking to belong somewhere and the people on this forum are no exception.