Recommend a 28-30" IPS LED monitor

I am looking for a 28-30 inch IPS LED monitor. I am currently running two LG IPS235 23" screens and am looking to get a single monitor, however I seem to be having trouble finding one that has audio out, HDMI and a 2ms refresh rate that isn't batshit expensive. Anyone got any suggestions where I might find good one's here in Canada? It seems like all the good one's are over 500 bucks, so any suggestions on what I should get is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I am looking for a 28-30 inch IPS LED monitor. I am currently running two LG IPS235 23" screens and am looking to get a single monitor, however I seem to be having trouble finding one that has audio out, HDMI and a 2ms refresh rate that isn't batshit expensive. Anyone got any suggestions where I might find good one's here in Canada? It seems like all the good one's are over 500 bucks, so any suggestions on what I should get is appreciated.
    I don't think there are any IPS panels with 2ms refresh rates. I think the standard recommendation is to wait for a 30% off sale on Dell UltraSharp screens. I see a 27" U2713HM which is the largest 16:9 LED screen they have. It would likely be around $560 during a sale. There's a 29" screen which is cheaper but it's the rare 21:9 aspect screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    I think the standard recommendation is to wait for a 30% off sale on Dell UltraSharp screens.
    This is exactly how I nabbed my 24" IPS panels. Totally amazing, no complaint whatsoever. No dead pixels or problems.
    CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.9GHz | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 670FTW LE 2GB (SLI) | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 MHz | Case: NZXT Switch 810 White | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro | CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 CLC | SSD: Intel 520 160GB | HDD: 3xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Antec TruePower Quattro 1200W | Displays: 3x Dell U2412M E-IPS | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Tactile | Mouse: Razer Deathadder/Naga Epic | Car: Andromeda

I actually created a thread some time ago about cheap IPS monitors which are imported from South Korea; http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...it-s-a-reality!

They don't have HDMI or speakers unless you head up to the "midrange" ones. Since they tend to lack extras such as an OSD and scalar, the response time on them is pretty good. There are risks with buying them, such as a lack of warranty unless you can handle shipping it back to South Korea and the costs associated with it (some sellers will be able to work something out if you ask them), but they're one of the only ways to get a cheap IPS monitor of that size and resolution.

If you're looking at 1080p, they shouldn't be overly difficult to get hold of in just about any country.

Is there some specific reason you need HDMI? I'm not sure of the specifics, but these Korean monitors say to use DVI-D to DVI-D directly. I've not tested, but it might be possible to use a HDMI to DVI-D adapter if it's such an issue, and neither HDMI or DVI-D cables are expensive. Even if that is an issue, i'm sure that there's some sort of device you could buy that takes HDMI in and outputs DVI-D so that you can hook up whatever it is that has you concerned.

As for audio, would it not work out better to get a set of cheap separate 2.1 speakers? I've got some Logitech S-150's from 4-5 years ago sat on my desk right now (as my vengeance 2000 has broken). They're not the best speakers in the world, but they're 100x better than anything you'd get in a monitor. Cost me £15 back then. To put the total cost into perspective, it cost me £255 total for the monitor and speakers (though obviously they were bought at different times) and that's including the £48 import tax i had to pay. If i wanted to buy just a monitor from a UK-based seller, it'd cost me at least £400 for just the monitor alone (and that's the budget model).

There's always a chance of dead or stuck pixels with any monitor, and these do seem to get them a little more often but overall they're great panels for the price. I've got one stuck pixel. It's bright green, just left of center, but because the resolution is 1440p, it's extremely small, and very difficult to see except on dark backgrounds. During general usage, it doesn't affect me. It is 27" as opposed to 28-30", but i believe they also sell some 30" screens, as well as some 1600p versions.

If you can forego the "extras" and can handle a bit of a risky purchase (that most sellers will sort out if there's a problem provided you talk to them about it), then you can save a massive amount with the imports. I've had mine for just over a month now, and it's by far the best purchase i've made in years. Quality is excellent. The one i have has a glossy screen but only once has light reflection been a problem.

You can of course wait for a sale on Dell panels. That'd be a good way to go and one i'd recommend over an import, but if you can't wait for that or you don't know when there'll be another sale, imports aren't a half bad option. I'd really check out the thread i linked before you go rushing off to buy one though.
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | NEW SITE: IOCube| Node.js Monkey | #Error418MasterRace
    Knows: Node.js, JS, JQuery, HTML, CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL, Ruby

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

HDMI and audio out for using it as a display for my Wii U as well as my PC, but since apparently I am a huge freaking derp and didn't notice that both my LG IPS235 monitors have Audio Out on them, I just opted to plug my Wii U into the free HDMI port on my second screen. So I will deal with the 23" screen since it's 1080p and has great picture quality that also won't impact my PC gaming if I had opted to use a TV. Besides, large IPS panel monitors are still pretty damn expensive for my liking, even if they are 1440p or whatever, the Wii U can't do those resolutions anyway