Unlucky procs (PvE)

Hello.

As Arms I would say that I am fairly good at the rotation, but sometimes I am left with a blank GCD. This usually happens when I am unlucky with procs, mostly Overpower. If I get an OP proc, it gives me something to use other than slam to fill the MS CD, and therefore more rage because I'm not using slam as a ragedump, just yet. Here's the problem: CS, MS, OP, unlucky with a 2nd OP proc or CS proc = Slam, slam. The double slam is the rage dump when not above 80 rage, and fills the time between MS CD, but often when I don't get the procs, that really rage starves me. If I'm still unlucky with procs I guess you can imagine how it'd be. I'd restart the rotation at very low rage, MS, OP, and maybe just have enough rage for one slam. And because I can't get a 2nd slam off, I have nothing to do but wait for MS cd.

It feels like MS doesn't give me enough rage. It's not too bad because when it happens I can heroic throw, or do something to fill the gap, but sometimes I feel very rage starved when I don't get procs to things like OP and CS.

Is this intended or is there a way to prevent this from happening? I hope this thread made sense, thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Sarithus1; 2012-12-07 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    I've always been against theses changes to both Arms and Fury being VERY RNG independent.

But on the other hand, the RNG situation makes it more skillful or how you'd like to express it. I mean, without those RNG procs, it'd be like Retri Paladins in WotLK, faceroll.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRC View Post
    I've always been against theses changes to both Arms and Fury being VERY RNG independent.

But on the other hand, the RNG situation makes it more skillful or how you'd like to express it. I mean, without those RNG procs, it'd be like Retri Paladins in WotLK, faceroll.

Just my 2 cents.
    I thought I might be doing something wrong, but on the other hand, I couldn't imagine any other way to do the rotation. So I guess it's intended to be that way and sometimes one will just come across empty GCD's due to RNG?

Deleted
    Imo, there isn't a "rotation" anymore for Arms or Fury, it's about priority.

Some people say rotation and priority is the same thing, for me, it isn't. You make like a priority list what's about to happend, a rotation is about 1,2,3... 6, 7 etc. MS is about gathering rage, CS is about hitting it with timing when you've enough rage to enter some sort of "nuke phase" for yourself, that's why I find the 20 extra rage glyph very useful

As I'm not a raiding player, nor a PvP player, I can't really help you with exact rotation how to play Arms or Fury, but you've guides for that. I'm only a casual player but my thoughts about both DPS specs have made me seek the forums to see what others think.

I hope this brings some kind of help.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRC View Post
    Imo, there isn't a "rotation" anymore for Arms or Fury, it's about priority.

Some people say rotation and priority is the same thing, for me, it isn't. You make like a priority list what's about to happend, a rotation is about 1,2,3... 6, 7 etc. MS is about gathering rage, CS is about hitting it with timing when you've enough rage to enter some sort of "nuke phase" for yourself, that's why I find the 20 extra rage glyph very useful

As I'm not a raiding player, nor a PvP player, I can't really help you with exact rotation how to play Arms or Fury, but you've guides for that. I'm only a casual player but my thoughts about both DPS specs have made me seek the forums to see what others think.

I hope this brings some kind of help.
    I understand what you mean, and I think of it very much in terms of priority as well, I just used the word rotation because it's a common name, and arms priority is still a rotation in some regards, anyway. Whether you call it a priority list or a rotation, the problem still stands. I'm a heroic raider and so I've obviously already looked up how to play the class, but having no procs for a time really rage starves me, and it's something I can't really help, which is why it's a bit weird and I just wondered if it's intended or not.
    Last edited by Sarithus1; 2012-12-07 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    Someone told me to do:

Code:
    if CS or MS then
      MS or CS
    elseif EXE then
      EXE
    elseif OP then
      OP
    elseif TOB >= 3 or RAGE > 90 then
      HS + SLAM
    else
      SLAM
    end
    That is actually the single target rotation.

Leaves me with one question. MS > CS or CS > MS? MS is needed for procs and 10 rage every 6 seconds. Delaying it may be bad.

The next question is regarding Bloodbath and Dragon Breath. Where would you place that combo?

SMF is working with pooling rage for the CS phase. (Thus getting as many spells into your CS debuff). I think the same can be applied to Arms or not? Not sure if that is actually possible since we put 3 GCDs in between each MS.

The next possible upgrade comes with Deadly Calm. That would reduce the next three Heroic Strikes to 20 rage. Which may be a better DPR as opposed to 30 rage SLAM even without TfB stacks.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-12-07 at 01:31 PM.

CS > MS. Dragon Roar, not Dragon Breath, is used with Skull Banner when possible, on cd if not. And never use HS unless you have 2 or more stacks of TfB, it's an overall dps loss unless you're rage capped.

There's Dragon Roar, Heroic Throw, Impending Victory, Battle Shout can cover a lot, not to mention CS can proc to reset its cd too. You shouldn't have any down time at all unless you're really really really unlucky which doesn't happen much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Someone told me to do:

Code:
    if CS or MS then
      MS or CS
    elseif EXE then
      EXE
    elseif OP then
      OP
    elseif TOB >= 3 or RAGE > 90 then
      HS + SLAM
    else
      SLAM
    end
    That is actually the single target rotation.

Leaves me with one question. MS > CS or CS > MS? MS is needed for procs and 10 rage every 6 seconds. Delaying it may be bad.
    - CS -> MS, but also this is situational, if you're out of rage, or low on rage, MS -> CS, or MS - op op op op CS

The next question is regarding Bloodbath and Dragon Breath. Where would you place that combo?
    -Both of them should always be on cooldown, but once you're getting closer to the phase where your raid pops Heroism/Bloodlust, save them for the start.
    If your raid pops BL/Hero before Execute phase, save your skull banner+Recklessness until that phase (and see the damage meter go through the roof!)
    Thats how I roll,

http://armorylite.com/eu/ravencrest/Keittiö

With that gear, raidbuffs, foodbuff, flask, im doing between 85-110k dps, depends of the fight.
    The more you play, the more you raid, the more you dps, you'll learn how to do everything correctly.