Reversed rage, and DPS problems. (Arms)

Hi,

Charcater name: Vitoshki (EU Wildhammer)

I have 2 issues, I have a feeling that they are related...

Issue 1:
    Rage - I find myself often with to much rage on hand, either already maxed out (120) or very close to max when its time for MS.
    I try not to waste a single GCD. But the problem is with the TFB proc and SD procs. For instance:

MS
    CS
    OP
    OP
    --Perfect time for a slam-- But instead i get a SD proc.
    MS
    Rinse and repeat

I give priority to OP before Slam, good or bad?
    If I instead give priority to Slam, i will end up wasting OPs (and TFB).

In short:
    To many GCDs available inside the MS timer. How to spend my rage?

And problem no2: My DPS
    In LFR fully buffed with flask/food - I really really have to focus to even break 55k DPS and spend my cooldowns extremly wisely. Before execute phase im howering somewhere around 44-46k DPS.

I fully understand if you all think im a tad bit slow here, first complain about having to much rage, and then complain about my DPS.

But in all honesty, im all out of ideas.

I just spent 10 minutes on a dummy, and did around 40k DPS.
    And 21 times i went "over" 120 rage because of TFB and SD procs.
    How should I handle those?

Best regards,
    Vitoshki

Just HS to burn that extra rage. preferably in a deadly calm/CS window.

Remember, MS > OP.

Slam > HS no stacks.

Rage capping = Lost dps.

But what is a worse DPS loos?
    Loosing lets say 15 rage, or "wasting" 2 TFB stacks when I dont "need" to waste them? I prefer to either blow them at the very last second or save up to atleast 4 stacks.

If ur rage capping, you need to focus less on the stacks. The only real thing you have to follow about taste for blood is when ur at low to mid rage, no MS or OP, Slam > HS with no stacks. Thats really it. Otherwise just get rid of that rage.

you are using those stacks you built up so it's not wasting anything. It's not like you're just letting it run out. Preferably, if I'm not close to being rage capped, I'll hold on to the stacks and try to hit them during a CS.
    If you really want to have high stacks and see big numbers, you can Slam instead of keep hitting OP when your rage is too high to burn that rage off.
    And stack your cooldowns with full rage CS Execute. Your dps will shoot up.
    You also should be using Dragon Roar and Bloodbath instead of Avatar and Bladestorm.

Unless theres some phase where it makes sense to save some of your stacks for an increased dps phase, theres no real reason to save them. Its a liniar buff to HS, and as most people said, its better to use, than to ragecap - Obviously Cds + procs CS are all things you should watch for - Knowing those comming of CD soon, sitting at a potential 5 stack for em, is obviously a dps increase, and burning some rage with a slam, isnt the worst of ideas. Question becomes how much rage its worth burning before its an actual dps loss. And sadly i cant tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    you are using those stacks you built up so it's not wasting anything. It's not like you're just letting it run out. Preferably, if I'm not close to being rage capped, I'll hold on to the stacks and try to hit them during a CS.
    If you really want to have high stacks and see big numbers, you can Slam instead of keep hitting OP when your rage is too high to burn that rage off.
    And stack your cooldowns with full rage CS Execute. Your dps will shoot up.
    You also should be using Dragon Roar and Bloodbath instead of Avatar and Bladestorm.

Thanks for the good reply.
    Regarding the talents, that was for a boss in Brawlers arena, im using DR and BB when im "raiding"

10+ Year Old Account
    The rule is to 1.) Never cap rage and 2.) Never use HS instead of a slam unless a) You are going to cap rage b) You are going to lose TFB stacks c) Unless that HS would hit harder than a slam (Such as if you have CS up and bloodbath, but CS is about to drop and you won't be able to get another slam in before MS comes off CD.) Honestly, you end up using HS a lot more than you'd expect, including on a few 1 or 2 stack TFB. It's better to only use rage on slam in a rage-per-damage perfect world, but when rage gen is quite high, and only slam and HS are rage dumps now, its much better to dump rage in a HS than to lose rage due to going over cap. I tend to have around 50% of the number of HS that I have slams, so in a fight that I have 50 slams I'd have around 25 HS uses. On some fights its actually higher. Remember also, as long as you aren't rage starved or rage capped ever, it than becomes a simple matter of using your CD's well.

Also, a 2 stack TFB stack will out DPS a slam. The reason you don't auto-hit HS any time you get 2 stacks of TFB is because its better to try and get more stacks of TFB first. If you can't before it will fall, use it!