Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Why post on this forum about having bought one? I think you must like the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_night View Post
    hospitals and doctors use iPads for medical apps. They do have business use especially when the clinical world is concerned.
    Doctor House might, although I doubt many others that aren't also on Apple's payroll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I still don't see the point of tablets for non-business applications.
    yeah same here, it's perfect for small businesses and the like, but personal use has always confused me since you can do everything on the phone most owners already have anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    Why post on this forum about having bought one? I think you must like the attention.

Doctor House might, although I doubt many others that aren't also on Apple's payroll do.
    Not surprisingly there are LOTS of applications in the medical field, and many of it's professionals are using them.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That makes sense. Well, the art part does anyway. Not sure what writers getting there that they wouldn't with an ultrabook or pen and paper.
    My interest in the surface has grown as I've kicked my writing into high-gear, mostly because I would like something light that I can carry to school, and the tablet nature of it with the option of adding a keyboard is interesting. Also, I can't stand Apple, so I'll be happy to give money to somebody else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moving this over to computer discussions.

I particularly enjoy comics and manga on a tablet. It's way too cramped on a phone, and a general ereader can't do them justice at all. The same goes for videos and a lot of web-browsing, plus I don't have to hunt for proper lighting like I do with my Kindle.

I used to be one of those people who couldn't understand the purpose of a tablet, but I've found that a lot of the general content consumption is better on it than the desktop, phone or notebook. It's not a necessity by any means, but it's certainly a nicer way to enjoy certain types of content more pleasantly (in the case of it replacing phone functions) and/or conveniently (in the case of replacing some desktop/notebook functions).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    But the fact that Surface RT cannot is not a negative.
    Sure, if you're expecting the imminent release of all the needed apps to replace the unavailable legacy software.

The rest of the world is rather skeptical regarding the probability of that, especially given the imminent release of the surface pro. Why waste money completely redoing your applications when you can just release your existing one, possibly with simple UI tweaks, for the surface pro, which people will then buy over the RT because it has the software they need.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Not surprisingly there are LOTS of applications in the medical field, and many of it's professionals are using them.
    I think his point was that Apple devices are pointlessly expensive and that hospitals would probably buy, in bulk, alternative devices of a less face-smacking price.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    "Dude, why wouldn't you wait for windows surface pro? Surface RT is so dumb it can't even run regular windows program."

When you all bought your iPad I didn't say "Wow, why the fuck would you get an iPad? It doesn't even run any Mac software"

No shit, you're missing the point of a tablet, why the hell would I want legacy software on my tablet (and why would I even be expecting it...?). Surface Pro has the ability to run legacy software, which I think is a huge incredible plus. But the fact that Surface RT cannot is not a negative. It's like expecting your new car to have wings which would be awesome, but if it doesn't you're not gonna whine about it because why would it have wings in the first place?

I see this in every comment section of reviews, open box videos, benchmark sites, everywhere. Just had to vent, hopefully everyone on this great forum can help quench the flames of rabid Apple and Windows Pro fan boys.
    Meh the Ipad buyers are just mad they don't have a real keyboard and have to type on a touchscreen.

Deleted
    Metro, the only apps the RT runs is a barren empty wasteland. Under 1% of apps compared to the other platforms and even the few devs that decided to make apps for it are jumping ship.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/378562/h...-on-windows-rt

The RT does laptop AND tablet pretty poorly so whats the point, a bit expensive for a 'rigged compromise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQhhtvuZwVg

1st 5 mins covers it pretty much.
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2012-12-10 at 05:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    Metro, the only apps the RT runs is a barren empty wasteland. Under 1% of apps compared to the other platforms and even the few devs that decided to make apps for it are jumping ship.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/378562/h...-on-windows-rt

The RT does laptop AND tablet pretty poorly so whats the point, a bit expensive for a 'rigged compromise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQhhtvuZwVg

1st 5 mins covers it pretty much.
    I would like to agree with you. From what I heard its apps are laughable, the good thing about a windows tablet is that you can use all your windows programs with your tablet, you would have no comparability issues and you would get to use every windows program there is(?). I am not 100% sure on this but I believe windows has much more programs then either android or ios has. Another great thing about it is that since it is fully windows you get to use your usb to it's full potential since you get to use it's drivers(my acer can not do that). But if you are enjoying your tablet I am not going to stop you.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I would like to agree with you. From what I heard its apps are laughable, the good thing about a windows tablet is that you can use all your windows programs with your tablet, you would have no comparability issues and you would get to use every windows program there is(?). I am not 100% sure on this but I believe windows has much more programs then either android or ios has. Another great thing about it is that since it is fully windows you get to use your usb to it's full potential since you get to use it's drivers(my acer can not do that). But if you are enjoying your tablet I am not going to stop you.
    Yea its just a shame Windows RT isnt really windows at all. Its more a glorified skin for a Phone Os.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    Yea its just a shame Windows RT isnt really windows at all. Its more a glorified skin for a Phone Os.
    Yeah, I was thinking maybe if you could add an usb hub to the pro you might be able to play wow on it. If not maybe you could use the dock to use your keyboard/mouse. The tablet looks very promising but I would like the see the price to come down a lot before I think about switching. And if you got one of those wireless usb modems you could play on the go...just think of the possibilities! Truthfully I hope windows 8 is a hit on tablets then we could try to move away from all these netbooks(or ultrabooks, they have so many names for them) then people will only use laptops for gaming.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose