Poll: Pet Battles

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Pet Battles: Boring or Bearable?

I love mini pets in wow, always have done. I've enjoyed collecting them for my characters and looked forward to having something to do with them when mists came around, at the thought of getting some more rare pets they introduced into the game.

But dear god, I've been trying to level them up, and this to me has become as tedious and boring as fishing. Having to constantly find wild pets to battle in order to level them, just for a chance to capture the new rare pets around the game, having to run to the pet trainer every single time to heal them up for another round, just to slowly level them.

I mean, I'm not a pokemon fan, never have been, but is this what playing pokemon was like? If so I'd so glad I didn't.
    #boycottchina

Addictive. Actually lead to me parting with some hard earned moneies for one of the pet store pets :P

I'm loving it, along with Brawlers Guild I really feel like I have DIFFERENT things to spend my in game time doing rather than dailies or heroics or PvP which was the trinity of ctivity for many years Now its Dailies, Pet Battles, LFR, Heroics, Scenarios, Brawlers Guild, PvP.

As for levelling pets, do it daily, don't try to sit down for 3 hours and level up. Just do as many of the pet master tamers as you can beat in a day, maybe do a couple more wild games just to ding whats left of the lvl you're at and leave it for the day

You get about 10x experience for beating a master (ok exaggeration, only 5x) but still, makes for the fastest leveling in terms of time spent, even if you must be somewhat patient with the results

I was lucky I got in before the pet master hotfix (you used to be able to fight them unlimited times a day, which meants I could 'power' level a team to 25 over about 5 hours and unlock all the dailies) and as such levelling is much easier, but the theory is kinda the same.

Anywys,if its stopped beign fun before you hit lvl 15 or so with a team of 3 it might not be for you. Withe the breadth of pets available though, I'd be surprised if you've genuinely exhausted the possibilities ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

yeah Levelling them is VERY dull. I'm only levelling one pets, the others I swap over with newly captured higher levels so that I can level my main as fast as possible.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

How about neither? They are very fun.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you hit a lvl 25 pet you can pretty much xp boost other pets.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Very, very addictive and a lot of fun.. for some. I've had people complain about them non-stop but I find them very fun.

Biased poll. Where is the "I like it" option?

10+ Year Old Account
    But dear god, I've been trying to level them up, and this to me has become as tedious and boring as fishing.
    I'm only lv 11. Can't bring my self to level them further. It's way more boring than fishing, b/c when fishing you can at least relax.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a biased poll - i myself have not played it before, i just dont feel the need too. Simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not biased if you can vote for you can bear it. Suck it up.
    #boycottchina

Was fun at first, but got boring around level 10. Didn't bother with it since then.

Deleted
    Where is the "Awesome" option?

Biased poll from a biased kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'm only lv 11. Can't bring my self to level them further. It's way more boring than fishing, b/c when fishing you can at least relax.
    I got 2 to lv 14 and just can't find the energy to carry on. which is a shame, I want a baby clefthoof.
    #boycottchina

I also loved pets before pet battles was even announced! But I am mroe of a collector than a *pvp* pet battler. I love the capturing part though as a collector, instead of just farming mobs or going to the AH, or a vendor, we get to go out and hunt these little critters down

I just got my Safari Hat (gives +10% pet battle experience) So I'm hoping that may help me when it comes to the levelling (have 7 level 25's and many over level 20) because I also find it quite a tediuous grind, however! as another post pointed out, tamers are excellent for levelling your pets (my level 22 snail dinged 25 from being alive at the end of the Thundering Earth Spirit fight!)

I also try to not go steady at it for hours on end, as I would drive myself nuts, Just do it when you feel in the mood

Another great thing is once you have a decent level 25, you can just levell all yer level 1 pets up really fast to the level 10-15 mark (seriously 1 hour to get 3-4 level 1 pets to level 13 which is pretty awesome)

I'd also suggest go somewhere thats right next to a stable master (Mt Hyjal right where the portal dumps you, great becuase there are so many battle pets and a healer right there!) Spent hours there cause i literally had 0 downtime

Leveling them is too slow in my opinion. In the nearly 2 months I have been playing this, I have 2 level 10 and 1 level 11 pets that I have raised from level 1. Maybe if it took 3 battles to gain a level, instead of being like our own leveling, where it takes no time at all in the beginning but the higher you are the longer it takes to where it just feels like it drags and drags, then it wouldn't be so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    Where is the "Awesome" option?
    I don't welcome overly enthusiastic people on my boat (gives shifty eye)
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    We need "I love them" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't welcome overly enthusiastic people on my boat (gives shifty eye)
    H.M.S. STOICISM, coming into port...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

trying to level it with battling wild pets takes some time.

It's difficult until you defeated the Grand Master of Kalimdor / EK, then you get the Trainer dailies and you can easily push a pet to level 15-16 within an Hour.

If you pushed some decent pets first obviously, else you're going to get some problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Leveling them is too slow in my opinion. In the nearly 2 months I have been playing this, I have 2 level 10 and 1 level 11 pets that I have raised from level 1. Maybe if it took 3 battles to gain a level, instead of being like our own leveling, where it takes no time at all in the beginning but the higher you are the longer it takes to where it just feels like it drags and drags, then it wouldn't be so bad.
    Leveling is quick, if you know how to do it. I leveled my Anubisath Idol (named him Anoobis) 1-25 in 50 minutes.