Game similar to Fire Emblem: Awakening

I recently bought a 3DS because i felt like playing pokemon, but a lot of friends also recommended me Fire Emblem: Awakening. Being a big fan og anime and the turn based gameplay, i absolutely loved the game. It was my first time playing a game like it, and I have no clue about the genre at all. The thing i really loved was the way that the characters and their relationships had an impact on combat, and of course the brilliant writing for the characters as well.

So my question is: Are there other good games similiar to Fire Emblem on the 3ds (or PC)? I don't own any console so that is not an option.

Thanks in advance.

Have you played Final Fantasy Tactics? Also Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 1/2.

You'd have to download an emulator onto your PC for some of them, but really good games.

Halcyon @ EU Al'Akir is recruiting. Contact me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post

You'd have to download an emulator onto your PC for some of them, but really good games.
    I would prefer it on the 3ds as I am often on the move. And I have never played a final fantasy game in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I would prefer it on the 3ds as I am often on the move. And I have never played a final fantasy game in my life.
    Bravely Default is as close to FF you will get like FF was in it's best days. It's from the same people and is damn awesome. I suggest you watch some vids to see if you'd like it.

You might like the Advance Wars games, as well. Advance Wars DS and Days of Ruin can be played on the 3DS (as can FF:TA 2, as mentioned earlier). I've also heard good things about Shadow Wars, you might want to look into that.
    No one has ever died of a bruised ego.

You can play Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn on PC using Dolphin

Shining Force 1 and 2. They are old sega genesis games, not sure if they are available on the 3DS store but they are on the Wii store so they might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    You might like the Advance Wars games, as well. Advance Wars DS and Days of Ruin can be played on the 3DS (as can FF:TA 2, as mentioned earlier). I've also heard good things about Shadow Wars, you might want to look into that.
    Totally advance wars! that serie of games is just way too good! (at least AW -AW2: BHR - AW: DS, days of ruin was meh...) but seriously, play them!
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post

May as well mention Tactics Ogre too...

but I think Advance Wars is *much* closer in feel, and its an amazing series, more or less. and for the genre, I think the fights go by fairly quickly.

Herald of the Titans Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    World's End Tavern, listening to the Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftains
    If your into a tactical RPG board game played with miniatures, you can always go out and buy Warhammer sets to play Mordheim. It is a turn based skirmish game that can easily be turned into a tactical D&D session. Or alternatively, you could just wait for Mordheim: City of the Damned: The Video Game to come out later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Totally advance wars! that serie of games is just way too good! (at least AW -AW2: BHR - AW: DS, days of ruin was meh...) but seriously, play them!
    I'd have to agree with this. The Advance Wars series was very good, imo. Days Of Ruin was really meh to me at all and just didn't feel like an Advance Wars game.

Bravely Default I've heard good things about, but haven't tried it as I don't have a 3DS (I'm a cheapskate waiting for price drop, haha). Several of the FF games were great too imo. Though you'd have to look up each one to see if it interests you.