Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Because I'm staff. I'm one of the content people working on the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. That's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by kayletta View Post
    Because I'm staff. I'm one of the content people working on the game.
    Awesome! Looking great so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    New update on the crafting system:
    http://www.therepopulation.com/index...tribute-system
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2013-02-09 at 05:22 AM.

Deleted
    This looks interesting. Though, why is that planet the last bastion of humans? I need to know!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    This looks interesting. Though, why is that planet the last bastion of humans? I need to know!
    From reading the lore and the story, it's the last KNOWN bastion of humans. There might have been other groups that escaped and are surviving.

Doesn't SWTOR also use the Hero Engine? One of the biggest complaints leveled against SWTOR was how terrible their choice of engines was for an MMO. Performance was only acceptable if you ran with the texture files in a RAM disk, or at worst an SSD.

Hopefully this Hero Engine 2.0 actually fixes those issues, because this sounds interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swtor used a beta version of hero engine and changed a lot of the coding to make a new in house engine. The issues SWTOR had were because of their coding and what they did not because of hero engine.

JC explained what SWTOR did to make their game so heavy. Here's the link to the post, for anyone who's interested: therepopulation.com/distribution/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=209&p=2310&hilit=SWTOR+heroengine#p2306

SWTORs problem wasn't even really the coding, it was the high poly models, textures, and spec maps that made it a nightmare. Basically they made single player RPG graphics in an MMO, which made it pretty, but horrible once you had to load more than a couple people at once.
    Last edited by kayletta; 2013-01-21 at 05:14 PM.

This game looks interesting to me. I usually only play Fantasy style MMO's. But I like the premise behind this one.
    The only thing I really don't care for is open world pvp. I most likely will try it out anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2013-02-09 at 05:23 AM.

Buckwald, I'm afraid I can't reply to the PM, the system won't let me. You're welcome to PM me on the Repop boards though and I'll be happy to answer your question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kayletta View Post
    Buckwald, I'm afraid I can't reply to the PM, the system won't let me. You're welcome to PM me on the Repop boards though and I'll be happy to answer your question.
    Oh yeah, I forgot the whole 10 post rule. Will do!

New Update: End of January update:
    http://www.therepopulation.com/index...ry-2013-update
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2013-02-09 at 05:24 AM.

Is there a beta going on for this thing? Can one "buy into it"?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Is there a beta going on for this thing? Can one "buy into it"?
    There is alpha form which you can fill and if you are lucky / good enough you may get chosen for alpha / beta.
    If you want to buy into beta, click "early adopter" on the main page. But game is still in alpha, so beta hasn't started yet
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest (and I think coolest) update:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Repopulation
    Stealth

• The stealth formulas received a large scale under-the-hood to improve how the system works. The more noticeable changes are noted below.
    • Stealth now supports ranged based detections, meaning the closer you are inside of the detection radius (which is configurable for NPCs) the higher your chances of being detected.
    • Implemented a new shadow trigger system. This allows us to provide players with a stealth bonus when in darker locations or good hiding spots. Several dungeons were updated to support this system. Some areas will provide larger benefits than others.
    • You are now more difficult to detect at night time, dusk and dawn than you are during daylight.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 06:25 PM ----------

Some updated screenshots:

Here's the new UI.

Notes about the new UI:
    Graphical User Interface

• We've introduced a completely new User Interface. This interface is still a work in progress, but is more visually appealing and more customizable than its predecessor. It is fully tintable using user defined colors, many of the windows can also be stretched to automatically adjust their layouts now. Other smaller details will be noted individually.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Repopulation staff will be at PAX East. So, look out for more info. Also, they've updated their website and forums.

Hello everyone, it looks like we were able to secure something at PAX East at the last minute and will be attending for 2 days, Friday (March 22) and Saturday (March 23). If you are following us and want to stop by and talk with us and get a preview of the game please be sure to stop by one of those days and perhaps maybe even get a little bit of Repop swag. If you are in the press and want to setup an interview during either one of those days please contact us at admins@therepopulation.com with information about your website or publication and we will try to schedule you in.

Big thanks to the folks at the Indie Megabooth for making this possible and we look forward to seeing everyone in Boston in a little under 2 months.

Finally, we have a group setup in RepopSocial for those who are attending. If you plan on stopping by you might want to join the group or at least follow it for further updates about fan involvement at PAX East.
    http://www.therepopulation.com/index...-2013-in-march

Just a quick question, since I haven't been browsing repopulation forum for some time. Was there any word on when is beta going to start, or when will kickstarter backers get some access?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Just a quick question, since I haven't been browsing repopulation forum for some time. Was there any word on when is beta going to start, or when will kickstarter backers get some access?
    From my understanding Closed beta should start in the Spring time. $100 backers get guaranteed beta access, now if that's guaranteed access to ALL closed beta events, I don't know, but I can ask.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 09:07 AM ----------

Here's a quote from the dev team

Quote Originally Posted by joshuahalls
    Phase 0: This is a very short phase (probably a single weekend) and is for Beta + Members. This is just a special get in and meet and greet with the developers. When we announce Beta dates we will announce this as well. This is for pledge's only, even if you somehow get Alpha access you will have to wait till Phase 1 to continue.

Phase 1: This is the Beta Guaranteed phase. We don't have an exact time frame on how long this will last as it depends on total number of Phase 2 pledges and to make sure we are ready for everyone. If everything is solid we will move quickly, if not we will wait. At a minimum it will probably be 4 weeks long. We probably will do windows though, so you won't be able to play for 4 weeks straight and there is a possibility of a wipe and such before Open Beta. If we feel we have enough head room we will randomly add other people from Phase 2 and our Alpha/Beta form list. If we feel we need to extend it we will.

Phase 2: This is the next phase of closed Beta and for Beta Preferred. It will have more windowed testing periods. We will randomly let people in from our Alpha/Beta form list as well as long as we have available slots.

For procne's question:
    It's a definite probably that once you're in, you remain in through all closed beta phases. That does not mean all closed beta events (we may do a private focused event or something), but likely all CB phases. We won't be able to give an absolute yes/no until closer to beta though. Sorry.