Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please.
    Many years ago I was psyched for Face of Mankind... similar to this one. What a disappointment that was.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was excited for SWTOR, TSW, GW2 and they were all fairly large let downs for me. But, that doesn't stop me from being hopeful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great interview. Im starting to get excited.

10+ Year Old Account

Here is a youtube link to a newer video for "The Repopulation" sandbox mmorpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R8rtrr0YF8

Site link

https://therepopulation.com/

15+ Year Old Account
    Environment graphics look outdated by 8 years. Character graphics look outdated by 5 years. And the game isn't out yet. Doesn't look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Environment graphics look outdated by 8 years. Character graphics look outdated by 5 years. And the game isn't out yet. Doesn't look good.
    I think not

Deleted
    Bringing this back from the dead but I've just found out that if you backed for $100 or above you've got permanent alpha access now (previously was just 1 weekend!) and those who backed at $25+ will be getting in soon based on whether you backed in round 1/2/3

So if like me, you backed a long time ago and then mostly forgot about it - check your pledges to see if you've got a key, because I didn't get an email or anything when they issued me an alpha key.

https://www.therepopulation.com/inde...ter/my-pledges

Is the link to check your status.

There's an NDA though so remember even if you can play right now (I'm playing!) you can't actually say anything about it

Actually, if you have backed in the first Kickstarter (2012) at all then you should have full access now. I paid 50$ in first Kickstarter and I'm in
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I've been closely following, but strangely there's no let's play videos of Repop being anywhere! Is there an NDA? I doubt it but am struggling to understand why no one is covering this really awesome project.

Yes, there is NDA. It's still Alpha
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I've been closely following, but strangely there's no let's play videos of Repop being anywhere! Is there an NDA? I doubt it but am struggling to understand why no one is covering this really awesome project.
    It's very early, quite frankly any let's plays right now I feel would be detrimental to the project. It's one thing to get genuine testers in for feedback but it's not at a hype-building or promotion ready stage. There is an NDA and still only a small percentage of kickstarters have access.

https://www.therepopulation.com/inde...ion-featurette

Now here's some truly innovative MMORPG healing!

Now, if onl ths game could open up alpha to all backers now! Still waiting.

Uhm, what exactly is so innovative about it? Healing classes in WoW also had various spells in vanilla - big heals, small heals, instant heals etc.
    It's easy to say "there will be many playstyles". However, reality may show that only 1 or 2 of them are viable.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Uhm, what exactly is so innovative about it? Healing classes in WoW also had various spells in vanilla - big heals, small heals, instant heals etc.
    It's easy to say "there will be many playstyles". However, reality may show that only 1 or 2 of them are viable.
    I have to agree with you, i whis i handnt tougth.

Aniway i saw a bit of the website and the game sound appealing, are the any "let´s play" types of vídeos already?
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

No, the game is still in alpha, and under NDA. So no player made screenshots or videos. The only info you may get is from developers, on the webpage. However, beta is planned to start by the end of the year

No, the game is still in alpha, and under NDA. So no player made screenshots or videos. The only info you may get is from developers, on the webpage. However, beta is planned to start by the end of the year
    Really? Nowhere near ready for beta last time I played it. Combat is worse than SWG on that SWGemu server.

I love the idea of this game, but have zero confidence on them to develop it properly unless it is in beta for 10 years. May turn out to be a good building game.

It's combat healing; you can actually be in the fight and still do your job as a medic. While running! No need to lay back and just be dummy who presses rotation heals; you can run around with a shotgun and actually play the game rather than be some supplement to a raid group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the newsletters from when I donated like a year ago. Completely ignored them until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.