Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes because clearly if people stop playing an 8 year old game it must be Ghostcrawlers fault right? And seriously stop thinking that a person is destroying Blizzard.... You dont think your overreacting here just a tad? Do you really think that he has complete control of the company or something and can do whatever he wants no matter what the other people at Blizzard thinks?

I'm not sure where people get the idea that they have the 'right' to say whatever they want on someone else's internet site/forum. Or that what they post is guaranteed immunity from deletion due to punishment for future acts or arbitrary decisions. While I might not think something I say here is objectionable, I post here at the pleasure of my hosts and they can delete me any time they like. The reason most forums don't do things like that is because they want to have a rich community, so they tolerate behavior that IRL would get you beaten with a shoe.

But then, I also don't understand why so many people who seem to hate WoW spend so much time online talking about it instead of finding something else to do with their time.

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    I got perma-banned from the Blizzard forums calling someone a retard (which said person was acting just like it).

Blizzard mods are completely unhinged. And if you do something they don't like, they will go to town on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by vpywow View Post

My first incursion and I got perma ban..and that too for a joke.
    Blizz CMs = Retarded Monkeys with power in their hands
    Quote Originally Posted by thevolget View Post
    I replied back with, "There was no reason for you to become an a*****e over my post. I was attempting to help you solve the issue, and speed up the process of getting a blue poster the information that they would ask for if they reply. Seeing as how you can't appreciate someone trying to help you out, I'll stop posting here".
    I feel better about visiting the battle.net forums knowing that you three are banned. I think it is amazing that people act like this on official forums and then think they were being unfairly treated.

I'm an offensive motherfucker who collects infractions here like they're Pokemon and I'm trying to get them all, but you've got to be a special kind of dumb to think you're unjustly banned for posting like that on a billion dollar corporation's official forums.

Infracted. Please don't insult other forum posters.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2012-12-11 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I feel better about visiting the battle.net forums knowing that you three are banned. I think it is amazing that people act like this on official forums and then think they were being unfairly treated.

I'm an offensive motherfucker who collects infractions here like they're Pokemon and I'm trying to get them all, but you've got to be a special kind of dumb to think you're unjustly banned for posting like that on a billion dollar corporation's official forums.
    Since you started the "swear" let me also retort the with the same vein

Hey retard nnelson54, read the fucking post first.
    That was my "first infraction" and I get perma banned ?????
    What sort of screwed up shit is that ?

Infracted. Please don't insult other forum posters.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2012-12-11 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted

because it was a disgraceful thing to say maybe.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Riot View Post
    On topic: You should be able to see your posts once your ban lifts. If it's permanent, they're gone for good.)

This is not strictly true.
    You can still read and search the forums when banned so you can check.

Sometimes they do delete all posts but not always.

I am speaking from experience .

Deleted
    If its anything like the old stratics forums when you ban someone there is a tick box to remove that persons posts while they are in banned mode. Soon as the ban is gone the posts will come back

You made a joke about the death of millions of people on an international billion dollar corporation's(who's parent company deals extensively with Japan) official forums. You are going to get banned. You can make those jokes all day on places like MMO Champion, but if you post like that on a place that has accountability and shareholders, you are going to get what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    So, get banned for a week, everything gets erased, regardless if it had anything to do with the ban? GG Blizz, Idgaf if I get unbanned in that case.
    Actually, this is a course of action, as soon as your account comes under a ban. They basicly take all your given posts within a certain amount of time and review them, basicly running through if your input was actually even worth having around. Sounds harsh, but this is a common action towards all whom has been banned. This is an action to relieve other readers of potential off topics and "empty" posts. Normally the ones that is worth having where they are, return when you are unbanned.

((That is atleast how I've learned through people I know whom has been banned, never tried it myself))

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 07:18 PM ----------

And to be honest, if you were banned within a forum or game, you must have done something wrong. You get 3 strikes (in total - which means ever since your name was on the account). None get banned for nothing, and therefor you should take it as a man and behave instead.

Atleast OP knows what he did was wrong, and he takes it like a man. Many starts believing that they were innocent.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    When I read "moderator abuse" I always remember about GFraizer, who made of WC3 old bnet forums his small dictatorship. Since EU and USA players were sharing forums, discussions about it were common. The solution by Nebu? Ban all European players, leave Americans, even the rudest of them, around. Those Americans would then make new threads mocking the banned people. Those Bnet forums were buggy and permanent bans would be lifted often (during maintenance).

He got what he deserved, as he lost all his moderation powers for abusing them.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    So, I got banned for a week form the Blizzard forums. I deserved it, all I'll say on that. But, what I don't get is about every post I had since 8/28/12 has disappeared. Now for the most part, not all of it was in violation of forum guidelines, but it was asking about/reporting/voicing grievance over things that were causing me issue in MoP.

Anyone else get anything deleted that was anti-mop or if they got banned for anything?
    maybe some of the moderators from here work for blizz. they seem fond of the very same thing.

Contact the admins if you have an issue with moderation
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-11 at 06:38 PM.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

MMO-Champion moderators aren't great either tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    MMO-Champion moderators aren't great either tbh.
    As per the mod warning right above your post, if you have an issue with moderation, you need to contact an admin. It is not appropriate (or on topic) to make public posts complaining about it, nor is it effective since it is unlikely any of the higher ups are going to see the critiques if they are nestled into other threads.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I was permanently banned from the forums for misspelling bashioks name as bashicok. I genuinely believed that was his name.

Not sure how to get un-banned since it was a spelling mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    As per the mod warning right above your post, if you have an issue with moderation, you need to contact an admin. It is not appropriate (or on topic) to make public posts complaining about it, nor is it effective since it is unlikely any of the higher ups are going to see the critiques if they are nestled into other threads.
    Do so, NSrm, so you can get your appeal refused before you even write it, even if you were infracted for pure personal reasons in a thread with people calling each other "retards".

Removed something, will ask in private.
    Last edited by mmoc62a721aa86; 2012-12-11 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll write this exactly one time:

Stop making posts about MMO-C moderation. If you have issues with the moderation here, contact the admins. That should be clear enough for anyone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    I'm perma banned from the wow forums. My 3rd strike was calling some guy a "female dog" (bitch) as apparently I was circumventing the profanity filter. LMAO. But then I always get banned from forums over things like minor spam and trolling, so no big surprise there.

I'm not banned from the official forums due to not going there to write the same recycled and flogged to death complaints as the last million people before me, insulting people in ways I think are clever and sure to outwit the mods, or insulting the people that make the game and generally being a bit of a cock.

So all in all, I don't have to come into threads with my story of how I was totally innocent of the ban (honestly guv'nor), and it's all a huge conspiracy to silence my amazing and riveting threads and posts. Feels good tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, remove one of the best additions in an MMO ever because some players are butthurt over it!
    That's how companies work >.>

No, it's not a vote.
    The last time people "voted with their wallet" about a design-issue is when they made the game hard.
    We all know how that turned out on the forum, so no: It's not a vote.

Off the cliff? Last time I checked it roflstomped every competition on the market.

The problem with people like you is that you actually believe you are speaking for the whole community.
    I could write a long essay on that, but I need some sleep.
    So instead I give you this: NO.

CRZ is terrible for some realms/communities. Some people chose the realms they are for a purpose. Not everyone wants to hump a couple hundred other people in a zone, some want to play with friends online in a persistent online world and are/were willing to pay $15/mo for it. Their sub is as valuable as yours. Low pop economies became even worse than before. People who were happy with their communities got trolled by people they transferred away from. Specifically LBG communities got hit the worst.

What you are saying is, you speak for the whole community, and because you think CRZ is the best ever, it must be. You disregard the opinions of millions who dislike it (while millions like it and other millions may not care). You disrespect those who spend their money to play it how they've enjoyed playing it for years.

CRZ was half-assed. CRZ was touted as being able to be turned off at the flip of the switch, but it wasn't, they turned off the fishing tournaments instead of shutting down CRZ during the tournaments in those zones. They ignored the fact that there was at least a MAJOR issue with it being implemented pre-MoP and zone overcrowding, and god-forbid if you were on a pvp server and tried to zone in by the dark portal. It was released with terrible bugs, some they still can't fix.

I don't play anymore, but I like the game. I like the lore. I miss my toons. But poor management, moderation, and poor design choices for my play, while also poor allocation of resources (billion+/yr in subs and can't roll out content, while Trion does so on a much smaller budget), passive aggressiveness to the playerbase (some deserve a slap on the head, but it isn't professional), and many more issues that just add up to a bad experience for myself, and the people I used to play with.

The game isn't a failure. It isn't all GC's fault. Firing the lead Warlock designer was the most immature move ever, even if they were slightly out of line (because they were passionate about the class). GC does have a bit of a conceded attitude towards some posts/tweets he shouldn't, but damn, being attacked day in and out would wear anyone down and humans make mistakes.

This game isn't perfect by any means, neither are their staff.

I'm having much more fun with SWtOR and Rift for now. I hope those subbed to WoW continue to have fun and feel their dollars are well spent.

mmo-champ mods are pretty lenient and decent. They are humans too. They allow a lot of discussion and valid profane emphasis. Some things may seem like a wtf? mod/thread close ... but they did it trying to do what they believe was right ... and you can always contact admin to appeal; and you don't have to make it personal. Honey and vinegar bring vastly different results. It is never/should never be personal, it is the internet.

if you dont agree that crz is the best thing since sliced bread, that people love dailies, and that the rep grind for the right to spend valor is a good idea, then odds are you will get a ban.

the mods at those forums are nazis.