Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    if you dont agree that crz is the best thing since sliced bread, that people love dailies, and that the rep grind for the right to spend valor is a good idea, then odds are you will get a ban.

the mods at those forums are nazis.
    I took the liberty of bolding the part that's more likely to earn a ban.

Criticism is fine and welcomed. Criticism sounding like a Fox News anchor desperate for attention is not.

if you dont agree that crz is the best thing since sliced bread, that people love dailies, and that the rep grind for the right to spend valor is a good idea, then odds are you will get a ban.

This is nonconstructive.

If you tend to be contentious or if you occasionally drunkpost you will get permabanned from the Battle.net forums sooner or later. If you are somewhat careful it might take a couple of years and a few thousand posts. But when you do get permabanned it will not be necessarily unjustly. The forum rules are overly strict and people are pretty much continually violating them and continually being permabanned as a result.

They're not "Nazis." They're just enforcing their own dumb rules.

But is it really worthwhile to hang out in the Battle.net forums? Hell no, it's not. Although their fairly strict forum rules are intended to provide a pleasant place to discuss the game, the reality is that they fail to do that, and the place is dominated by a bunch of childish idiots continually spouting memes.

I like the MMO-C forums because that's considerably less the case here.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 06:50 PM ----------

Firing the lead Warlock designer was the most immature move ever, even if they were slightly out of line (because they were passionate about the class).
    That guy must have been beyond awesome at his job and/or Blizzard must be INCREDIBLY tolerant, because the kind of unauthorized communication he was making was incredibly inappropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    So, I got banned for a week form the Blizzard forums. I deserved it, all I'll say on that. But, what I don't get is about every post I had since 8/28/12 has disappeared. Now for the most part, not all of it was in violation of forum guidelines, but it was asking about/reporting/voicing grievance over things that were causing me issue in MoP.

Anyone else get anything deleted that was anti-mop or if they got banned for anything?
    Its funny I said that I felt blizzard ignores feedback and bam my post history was deleted not banned tho.

in my case they just 1 side judge and refused to give evidence how I used exploit which I didn't use

My favorite thing is complaining about getting banned on wow forums on a wow fansite that also does ban hammers also.

Its quite easy to not get banned. Just follow the rules if you want to be extra safe....or dont make yourself look like a jerk.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardfan View Post
    in my case they just 1 side judge and refused to give evidence how I used exploit which I didn't use
    They will not give evidence on how you exploited so that you can then fix it where they might not notice the exploit the next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ Thread #16 was just deleted a short while ago, no clue why as it was very, very vague. Especially since they lumped 5 alleged postings across other CRZ threads over the past 3 months together and made my first offense also a "Final Warning". Not sure what that means, but I'll make the Link when I can actually do so. First time here so I cant make links. :\

I am not entirely certain what was so offensive as to cause the deletion of thread 16, but first it was Highly Rated which I would of assumed to be a good thing, and then it went to low-rated, and finally the ban. Regardless I do apologize if somehow it was wrong to post suggestions and feedback, and will not be doing so again. I am 99% sure others can carry on just fine minus one, and in time Greg Street will pay for his decision with unemployment. Treating customers like trash rarely achieves anything as Mythic and SWG can attest.

Folks can draw what conspiracy theories they will from the matter. I dont see it as something worthy of tin-foil hats. I personally just see it as simple desire to silence dissent. That isnt conducive to good business, and it wont end with me in any case.

Send me a PM if you want the screenshot. I do not make claims without proof.

In any case, I can sleep tonight with my conscience free. I wonder if who banned me can do the same?
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2012-12-13 at 10:43 AM.

I found out today I got a temporary ban for "use of profanity":

The following was my last post - which is the most likely reason:

When will you obstinate nincompoops finally add flying-while-dead to Pandaria?

Given your miserable track record at when it comes to corner cases of all kinds, you can't possibly account for all the inaccessible places we can die. Besides, there's no evidence that you've even DONE any such accounting.

You keep pushing your no-spirit-flying agenda, "we'll just fix the places where this sort of thing happens a lot". But meanwhile, these places continue to exist, and we keep having to rez at the Spirit Healer.

I've died in two places where I couldn't access my body so far:

- One was the first time I was doing Virmen dailies for Tillers. I got picked up by Monstrous Plainshawks, tried to escape, and died on a little hill just above the lake. There appears to be no access to that hill as a ghost, I had to rez at the Spirit Healer.

- Another time was just recently while PvP-ing in Krasarang. I died fighting two Horde at the top of their tower. There appears to be no access to the top of the tower as ghost, I had to rez at the Spirit Healer.

Please stop being obstinate and add spirit flying to the game.

Basically, a one-week ban because they were apparently offended that I called them "obstinate nincompoops".

Nincompoops.

I'm not sure if I should be laughing.
    Last edited by Elodeon; 2012-12-15 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    This is one of times I am not sarcastic with complainers, as those moderators that entered the team during Cataclysm have a LONG history of abusing power.
    If by "abusing power" you mean doing everything thats written clearly in the ToS punishment descriptions... then yes. Yes they "abuse" what everyone has coming to them all the time.

I see WAY too many people whine and moan about how their threads keep getting deleted, only to have one of the mods link 50+ variations of the thread the user keeps making, and its clearly written in the rules you're supposed to only make 1 thread of a topic instead of spamming many variations of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Who taught you to be a quitter?

If there are aspects of the game you don't enjoy, speak up. Blizzard listens to its customers and constructive criticism is always welcomed. It sounds like the OP was not as "constructive" as Blizzard would like, but the lesson to be learned isn't "When the going gets tough, give up". OP should modify his behavior, construct a reasonable argument and try again.

If, one day, he logs on to play and discovers that the bad outweighs the good and, after trying, believes that the parts of the game he finds lacking will not change - then he should let go. However, this "if you don't like it, quit" attitude that I see around here is for the weak. If you don't like it, fix it. You're the same kind of person who will go to a restaurant, order pancakes and won't say jack squat when the waitress brings waffles.

Don't eat the fucking waffles. You need to tell Blizzard to bring you your damn pancakes because waffles are for hippies.
    At some point it becomes clear Blizzard isn't going to change their stance on an issue and all that is left and all that a consumer can do is to stop financially supporting the company. Endlessly crying about your pet issue while handing Blizzard money isn't going to get anything changed.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 06:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I remember making a topic one time, where I laid out all the drawbacks and shortcomings the current kick feature had, namely that in the end it benefits griefers and didn't resolve the issue of GM's getting bombarded with tickets about griefers. It was top rated and had several pages of constructive feedback, and then one day I got banned for 48 hours because I said the word 'Meth'.

Oddly enough I didn't get mad about it, laughed, and went about my business. If Blizzard doesn't want feedback, let them twist in the wind in my opinion.
    And what reason could you possibly have for even bringing up meth? Were you using it to insult players? In all likelihood you were banned for more than just saying meth but using it in a harassing way. Blizzard wants constructive feedback not harassment and insults.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 06:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vpywow View Post

My first incursion and I got perma ban..and that too for a joke.
    Blizz CMs = Retarded Monkeys with power in their hands
    People like you are absolutely disgusting. What the fuck is wrong with you? I don't care if it was a joke saying other cities in Japan should have been nuked is fucking twisted. Damn right you should have gotten a perm ban.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 06:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    Look at the CRZ threads that keep cropping up like weeds in the Heartland, and Ghostcrawler's latest tweets about Players. Its pretty obvious good ole Greg is butt-hurt that his pet project isnt getting love. He should just shut the hell up, remove it, and get out of the business while he's still ahead.

Yo GC, try and show some respect to your playerbase /cast Busshock
    I respect our players a great deal or I wouldn't make such an effort to do this. That does not mean game design is up for a vote. (Source)

Game Design is a Vote. We vote with our wallets, and and he listens to it as Cataclysm showed.

Ghostcrawler might think he's got the cards, but without the player's he's just a unemployable middle aged hack. I mean who the hell would hire him after he runs WoW, the most successful MMO ever off the cliff? No one except Activision, and they want to sell games so.. yeah..
    Cross realm zones are here to stay. Get over yourself.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 06:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    I didnt say he was bad at his job. I said that he listens to the vote of the wallet. Gaming companies wont hire someone to run a game if they feel that move is going to cost them in the stores. Look at Diablo 3's "success". I'm not Naive. I'm just a realist. Treat people like shit and you lose customers. Lose enough and it doesnt matter if your the best in the world at what you do.

He is destroying Blizzard, not from inability to make cool stuff. But because his style of PR pisses people off. But hey, we'll just see what the next Subscription Numbers are. If their stable? I was wrong. But if they tanked, fire him for a +5 to your Rep Blizzard. xD
    Yes Blizzard does take notice when players quit the game but make no mistake about it, Blizzard doesn't have a problem with letting some players go if it is for the sake of the long term health of the game. People are going to quit over pretty much anything and I have the feeling Blizzard has metrics showing they will retain more players than they lose due to cross realm zones. As for GC treating players like crap they deserve it customer or not. He isn't there to do PR for Blizzard he is there to develop a game for them and he has carrte blanche to shut down anyone and everyone attempting to derail constructive feedback with nonsensical bullshit whining.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 06:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vpywow View Post
    Since you started the "swear" let me also retort the with the same vein

Hey retard nnelson54, read the fucking post first.
    That was my "first infraction" and I get perma banned ?????
    What sort of screwed up shit is that ?

Infracted. Please don't insult other forum posters.
    It is no less screwed up than you saying more cities in Japan should have been nuked.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 06:56 AM ----------

Shall I list out all the links for threads that are scathingly critical of Blizzard on any number of issues such as cross realm zones, dailies, world pvp and ganking? Also keep in mind many of those threads were uncapped and there is a significant amount of discussion between players and CMs. Blizzard is banning people for harassment and insults and trolling not because they are being critical of Blizzard. "Fuck you Blizz" isn't constructive feedback no matter how much you think it is.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Its funny I said that I felt blizzard ignores feedback and bam my post history was deleted not banned tho.
    Check out Blizzard's forum CoC sometime. If you can't discern from those very clear rules what got your posts deleted then you are probably better off not posting there anyway.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 07:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lukahn View Post
    CRZ Thread #16 was just deleted a short while ago, no clue why as it was very, very vague. Especially since they lumped 5 alleged postings across other CRZ threads over the past 3 months together and made my first offense also a "Final Warning". Not sure what that means, but I'll make the Link when I can actually do so. First time here so I cant make links. :\

I am not entirely certain what was so offensive as to cause the deletion of thread 16, but first it was Highly Rated which I would of assumed to be a good thing, and then it went to low-rated, and finally the ban. Regardless I do apologize if somehow it was wrong to post suggestions and feedback, and will not be doing so again. I am 99% sure others can carry on just fine minus one, and in time Greg Street will pay for his decision with unemployment. Treating customers like trash rarely achieves anything as Mythic and SWG can attest.

Folks can draw what conspiracy theories they will from the matter. I dont see it as something worthy of tin-foil hats. I personally just see it as simple desire to silence dissent. That isnt conducive to good business, and it wont end with me in any case.

Send me a PM if you want the screenshot. I do not make claims without proof.

In any case, I can sleep tonight with my conscience free. I wonder if who banned me can do the same?
    It was deleted because there is nothing left to say on the matter. It is spam at this point. Blizzard gets it. You don't like cross realm zones. Noted. It has been 3 months and Blizzard hasn't budged at all on the issue and they even humored you people by yrying to have a civil constructive discussion about it. They gave up because no matter what they said or how many times they say it, all of you continue to this day to spread misinformation and lies and twist everything they say around. If you are being ignored it is because the anti cross realm crowd brought it on themselves.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 07:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    I found out today I got a temporary ban for "use of profanity":

The following was my last post - which is the most likely reason:

Basically, a one-week ban because they were apparently offended that I called them "obstinate nincompoops".

Nincompoops.

I'm not sure if I should be laughing.

Yeah no. Nice try though. Why don't you link us your other posts? I have a feeling you were banned for using another word but it doesn't suit your agenda to tell the truth.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2012-12-15 at 01:45 PM.

So, get banned for a week, everything gets erased, regardless if it had anything to do with the ban? GG Blizz, Idgaf if I get unbanned in that case.
    well the thing is that way they don't have to look thru every one of your posts

I once got banned for posting with a toon named Dumbfk (some different spelling don't remember). They even offered me a free name change for the toon. it was a level 1 which had never even been logged in so if they did any research they would know that I couldn't care less about a name change - most of their actions don't take into account specific circumstances. now I don't expect every forum mod to be focused at all times but at times it looks like they're either mentally handicapped or they work 3 shifts in a row or something.
    Last edited by xindralol; 2012-12-15 at 03:00 PM.

I find it funny that the connotation here is that the OP must have been banned because they spoke out against the game. I hear this sort of nonsense a lot. And yet I can go to the forums and see people legitimately disagreeing, and pretty thoroughly demolishing even, many parts of the game.

And guess what? They're not banned. They're not suspended. They aren't even infracted.

Why? Because they post respectfully and act like an adult, even if their entire point is that they hate how the game is.

Its pretty simple: The vast majority of people who do or say stupid things on the forums and get banned for it just use the excuse of "OH WELL OF COURSE THEY BANNED ME FOR BASHING THE GAME" because they cannot comprehend that yelling 'shitcock' at the mods will get them in trouble. Oh and of course they only delete the rest of my posts when I get banned for no other reason than to SILENCE MY VOICE! Those fascists! It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that they have followed this policy for years now, way before the supposed "downturn" of the game when the detractors began to flood the forums crying about how the game is dead/bad/ect.

Its the mentality of a child. Nothing more.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-15 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Yeah no. Nice try though. Why don't you link us your other posts? I have a feeling you were banned for using another word but it doesn't suit your agenda to tell the truth.
    I'm sorry to disappoint you, but my posting history is constructive and devoid of verbal abuse. The post I quoted is the most aggressive I recall writing, whether recently, or in the past.

If you want to verify, you can find my posting history here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?f...illa&sort=time

All my recent posts were on this character. As far as I can tell, none of the posts were deleted.

Yes, I got the one-week ban for calling Blizzard "you obstinate nincompoops" - tee hee hee - in a post about how they keep making us resurrect at spirit healers, and refuse to add spirit flying.
    Last edited by Elodeon; 2012-12-15 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    This is nonconstructive.

If you tend to be contentious or if you occasionally drunkpost you will get permabanned from the Battle.net forums sooner or later. If you are somewhat careful it might take a couple of years and a few thousand posts. But when you do get permabanned it will not be necessarily unjustly. The forum rules are overly strict and people are pretty much continually violating them and continually being permabanned as a result.

They're not "Nazis." They're just enforcing their own dumb rules.

But is it really worthwhile to hang out in the Battle.net forums? Hell no, it's not. Although their fairly strict forum rules are intended to provide a pleasant place to discuss the game, the reality is that they fail to do that, and the place is dominated by a bunch of childish idiots continually spouting memes.

I like the MMO-C forums because that's considerably less the case here.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 06:50 PM ----------

That guy must have been beyond awesome at his job and/or Blizzard must be INCREDIBLY tolerant, because the kind of unauthorized communication he was making was incredibly inappropriate.
    well, figure of speech.

I see some people get banned for stuff that seems completely harmless, while other people who post dumb shit daily, are allowed to. also, cases where people get banned for swearing, yet there are individuals who do it multiple times and still post.

that being said, I prefer these forums far more as they seem to have a more mature user base, and you can voice criticism of blizzard without fear of the banhammer.

Deleted
    blah blah blah
    I thought your "job" here ended with the MoP release

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the revamp of the website, their moderators are EXTREMELY trigger happy. (German forums)

My first perma was during the real-ID wars.

Second perma was for using the term "Blizz(T)ard" in a discussion about why mining aggroes mobs and herbalism doesn't.

Guess I read the US forums to often.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I got banned for a week form the Blizzard forums. I deserved it, all I'll say on that. But, what I don't get is about every post I had since 8/28/12 has disappeared. Now for the most part, not all of it was in violation of forum guidelines, but it was asking about/reporting/voicing grievance over things that were causing me issue in MoP.

Anyone else get anything deleted that was anti-mop or if they got banned for anything?
    Something similar happened to me OP. As such, I refuse to go back on the Blizzard forums. For the most part, everyone will hate you if you have any complaints/concerns at all. That, along with that fact that everyone is a rude douche... I encountered a crap ton of pontification whenever I posted ANYTHING.
    Last edited by Ceyx; 2012-12-19 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyx View Post
    Something similar happened to me OP. As such, I refuse to go back on the Blizzard forums. For the most part, everyone will hate you if you have any complaints/concerns at all. That, along with that fact that everyone is rude douche... I encountered a crap ton of pontification whenever I posted ANYTHING.
    Because you people are so friendly to anyone who disagrees with you. You get what you give so maybe take a hint and realize the way people treat you might be a result of your own actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you people are so friendly to anyone who disagrees with you. You get what you give so maybe take a hint and realize the way people treat you might be a result of your own actions.
    Huh? I don't even.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    This is one of times I am not sarcastic with complainers, as those moderators that entered the team during Cataclysm have a LONG history of abusing power.
    Funny thing, your "abuse of power" is what I see as "Damn, those moderators just need to tell some people to shut the fuck up."... Seriously, so many stupid questions, even plain assaults on Ghostcrawler, for example, and they always need to take it easy. I'd support them at being a bit more douche-y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preface: I am having the absolute worst of luck editting my posts. Constant "NospecifiedThread" Errors for some reason. Anyways.. lets see if this does it.

QUOTE=xanzul;19454497]
    It was deleted because there is nothing left to say on the matter. It is spam at this point. Blizzard gets it. You don't like cross realm zones. Noted. It has been 3 months and Blizzard hasn't budged at all on the issue and they even humored you people by yrying to have a civil constructive discussion about it. They gave up because no matter what they said or how many times they say it, all of you continue to this day to spread misinformation and lies and twist everything they say around. If you are being ignored it is because the anti cross realm crowd brought it on themselves.[COLOR="red"].[/QUOTE]

Actually once I get the ability to post Screenshots and URLs I think you'll find that is not the case. If your the same Xanzul from the WOW Forums, I know already we wont have a civil discussion as you were one of the people reporting posts illegitimately as spamming and Trolling. I didnt ever give misinformation or lie about it, or twist anything they say around, so if your going to spew that sort of trash, I want proof not generalizations.

Prove me wrong. Quote me doing what you claim. Otherwise your just creating more "facts". If anything my posts were all very, very civil, and they can still be found on the Forums as they didnt delete the others. I dont know if I can speak for the others that posted. But I know this much. CRZ is a stupid concept that screws with the RP Servers. It has potential. It needs a Opt-Out. Why does it need a Opt Out? Because no one likes features forcefed down their throats. Especially features that are as heavy as this one was.

I get that its a MMO. That isnt the problem. The problem is Server Transfers doing nothing. The Problem is my girlfriend transfering from Moon Guard to WRA to escape her sociopathic Ex, and now being $25.00 poorer because the guy can now stalk her. The problem is that report player is "still" broken, and so is 2-seater mounts. The problem isnt nodes, its a problem of player attitudes.

Getting back on topic,

A.) I used to work in Forums similar to WoW; and I know for a fact that when a moderator bans you, it sends a automatic email to you giving why you were banned. Its much like I gather the Scrapbot here works.
    B.) I didnt get one of those. This infers it was not a moderator.
    C.) I wrote WoWreported 4 days ago. No reply forthcoming.
    D.) My screenshotted ban indicates no offensive language, which is something they have to provide (Company Policy mate) as it is intended to show the person why they are being banned, and how they can avoid it in the future. I got a 1 week ban coupled with a Final Warning. Problem is I've never been banned and the Final Warning was written like this. "Final Warning."

That is unethical, spineless and I hope whomever caused it, pays for it in the form of reassignment. I say reassignment as I cant in good conscience given the Holiday ask for termination, less still when I think how bad the USA's economy is. But whoever did it cleanly needs to lose their power.

In any case, I wont be back on the WOW Forums unless it is reversed, and the post restored; as I find them to frankly be a sick joke. Blizzard deserves the Forum Behavior it has to put up with in my estimates. However the CRZ Feedback threads will continue in a few days, so get your report post finger ready Xanzul. Several people have already approached me in avenues Blizzard cannot control, and they fully intend to pick up where I left off. So really I dont care.

If you have to delete a thread and ban a person to come out ahead, then you lost the argument already.

Edit: As of Five hours ago the thread CRZ#16 was restored to the Forums after a 5 day deletion. Perhaps instead of spindoctoring Xanzul, you should correct the outright lie that Bezlok made?

Bezlok: "This thread is only six pages long and it was started over a week ago. Glad to see the CRZ whiners are finally running out of steam."

No, the thread was deleted by a spineless twit who wanted to silence dissent, and someone on the Forums with more clout saw what they were doing and went over their heads. If the same people who restored the thread read this reply, would you consider perma-banning Xanzul? He's spamming on the WoW Forums a bunch of hateful rhetoric now to try and get the thread deleted.

Edit 2:
    I have to ask Xanzul, are you aware that the good moderators know what account you post from even if you post from a level 1 alt? Stop with the trolling or it'll result in your posting rights on WoW being removed.

I think "you" need to take the hint, and meditate on it mate.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2012-12-20 at 08:17 PM.