Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Odd how you knew before the match even started that several of them were bots so you decided to jump the gun and begin reporting. I suppose if they choose not to laugh at your childish jokes during preparation they must be a bot.

  2. #62
    High Overlord Kissme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    let me just ask you something. why would the most played, biggest subscriber mmo care about massaging numbers to the point of not banning cheating players?

    exactly blizzard doesnt care about trolls on the internet saying wow is dying if it loses a small amount of players and dont try to claim bots make up any large portion of the playerbase since 99% of bot complaining comes from pvp players which make up less of the playerbase then hardcore raiders
    Assuming banning bots cancelled a paying sub then the equation from their end is simple - Cost of banned bot accounts vs cost of accounts lost due to anger over botting. If 10% of their published sub numbers are botting accounts (and thus paying accounts in theory), then to justify banning the botting accounts (from a financial standpoint) they would need the number of accounts that quit due to rampant botting to be over 10% of their sub numbers. Otherwise inaction is better. Taking action to ban bots costs them the bot accounts plus whatever the costs of tracking and implementing the ban are.

    Basically, the cost of tracking down, breaking, and then banning bots might exceed the cost of players leaving due to botting. If that is the case, then there is no reason for them to ban the bots. Everyone constantly reminds people that Blizzard is a business and so reputation and player satisfaction have to be balanced against costs.

    They might not care at all about massaging numbers, but rather about the bottomline. The bottomline might simply be that it's more profitable to not ban the bots.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    It's the keyloggers and shit that steal your account to strip it for resources that is the bigger, true, problem, really.
    In quite a few cases it's the same people. Afterall, once you've stolen the account, why not run a bot on it? It's not like you care if it gets banned.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Missbenedict View Post
    I'm not a scientist but i think blizzard is currently working on shutting down honorbuddy and various other bots instead of just playing the short term ban everyone they see using it sort of thing, trust me im a scientist.
    I'd go with this.
    Solving the cause of the problem is far better than just banning everyone.

  5. #65
    Blizz wont ban the bots, but they do forum ban you, if you complain about the bots too much lol

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    Assuming banning bots cancelled a paying sub then the equation from their end is simple - Cost of banned bot accounts vs cost of accounts lost due to anger over botting. If 10% of their published sub numbers are botting accounts (and thus paying accounts in theory), then to justify banning the botting accounts (from a financial standpoint) they would need the number of accounts that quit due to rampant botting to be over 10% of their sub numbers. Otherwise inaction is better. Taking action to ban bots costs them the bot accounts plus whatever the costs of tracking and implementing the ban are.

    Basically, the cost of tracking down, breaking, and then banning bots might exceed the cost of players leaving due to botting. If that is the case, then there is no reason for them to ban the bots. Everyone constantly reminds people that Blizzard is a business and so reputation and player satisfaction have to be balanced against costs.

    They might not care at all about massaging numbers, but rather about the bottomline. The bottomline might simply be that it's more profitable to not ban the bots.
    I use to defend Blizzard from comments like this, but it's sounding more likely. We don't see much progress on bots being banned. I have an alt, haven't moved his guilds yet so the guild he is in is dead. 3 weeks ago I reported a guild mate for botting (since he is) and he has still been on every single day.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    They might not care at all about massaging numbers, but rather about the bottomline. The bottomline might simply be that it's more profitable to not ban the bots.
    Anyone who thinks they don't run those numbers is crazy. Even 10,000 accounts is almost a couple of million dollars, absent other variables, and no one gives up that kind of money easily, no matter how big the business is.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Odd how you knew before the match even started that several of them were bots so you decided to jump the gun and begin reporting. I suppose if they choose not to laugh at your childish jokes during preparation they must be a bot.
    Just because you can't tell a bot from a toaster doesn't mean others can't.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Odd how you knew before the match even started that several of them were bots so you decided to jump the gun and begin reporting. I suppose if they choose not to laugh at your childish jokes during preparation they must be a bot.
    What made you think I reported them before the game begin?

    I clearly wrote that they needed 1min min to exit the door while in one group running up and down the ramp, and then when they exit they ran right to left all battle never standing still. Why the hell do you say I reported them before the game started?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 04:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Why do people make such a big shit about WoW bots?

    There's really not that many of them and they don't really hurt the game much. I mean, sure, they're there and all, but they're not doing much harm.

    It's the keyloggers and shit that steal your account to strip it for resources that is the bigger, true, problem, really.
    Try and play some late night battlegrounds and enjoy the game you pay for. Then make the same comment...

  10. #70
    They used to, but don't care any more as bots have moved away from accounts being hacked/stolen and paid for with stolen credit cards to fuel the gold-selling market. Most bots are average players who just cba with all the boring grind in wow (which has gone through the roof in MoP) and so they buy a bot. Blizzard won't ban because it's actual players (which results in a total loss) rather than comprimised credit cards which they have a long winded process that loses them money to get it all sorted out.

    Keep botting, nobody cares.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayhas View Post
    I see you standing there taking screenshots and have exactly 0/0/0 just like everyone else. Pretty substandard proof besides you screencapping yourself as a bot.
    ^^^^^^^

    Seems OP was a bot... if we are to judge just because of those screenshots

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogh View Post
    What made you think I reported them before the game begin?

    I clearly wrote that they needed 1min min to exit the door while in one group running up and down the ramp, and then when they exit they ran right to left all battle never standing still. Why the hell do you say I reported them before the game started?
    The battle begins in 1 minute!
    Complaint Registered.
    Complaint Registered.
    Complaint Registered.
    The battle begins in 30 seconds!
    The battle has begun!

    Or did you think that because all of your other threads have been about bots that people would blindly jump on your side without looking at your screenshots?

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    The battle begins in 1 minute!
    Complaint Registered.
    Complaint Registered.
    Complaint Registered.
    The battle begins in 30 seconds!
    The battle has begun!

    Or did you think that because all of your other threads have been about bots that people would blindly jump on your side without looking at your screenshots?
    Not sure why you're trying to contribute to this thread, if you had a toaster and a wow bot before you you wouldn't be able to tell a difference.

  14. #74
    Yes they definitely do. In fact I believe there was a ban wave this week.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pogh View Post
    Do you think blizzard is banning bots? I don't...

    I think it's simple math for this greedy company. Look on this advanced equation I did:

    Bots + ban = less profit
    Bots + "lie to customers" + ignore = more profit (short turn, but that's all that matters for bonus and shuffle profit to next game)
    What an original sentiment!

    People who bitch on the forums about GREEDY LYING CORPORATIONS ZOMG and bots will never be convinced otherwise, because ban waves are something you won't ever see directly. You only see the bots that get through, not all the ones they've banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yes they definitely do. In fact I believe there was a ban wave this week.



    What an original sentiment!

    People who bitch on the forums about GREEDY LYING CORPORATIONS ZOMG and bots will never be convinced otherwise, because ban waves are something you won't ever see directly. You only see the bots that get through, not all the ones they've banned.
    Ban waves happened when bots were mainly compromised accounts feeding gold selling, now it's just players who cba to do the boring grind.

  16. #76
    As a BANNED ex-botter... YES, They ban bots, In waves... I was 1 of about 20 thousand or so

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Ban waves happened when bots were mainly compromised accounts feeding gold selling, now it's just players who cba to do the boring grind.
    Nothing has changed in that regard, both kinds of botting always have and still do occur. And both can result in a ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Nothing has changed in that regard, both kinds of botting always have and still do occur. And both can result in a ban.
    It was 90% gold sellers, 10% players.

    Now it's more like 30% gold sellers, 70% players.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    I'd go with this.
    Solving the cause of the problem is far better than just banning everyone.
    You misunderstand. They learn how the bot works, take measures to break it to ensure it no longer works for anyone... and THEN they ban everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    It was 90% gold sellers, 10% players.

    Now it's more like 30% gold sellers, 70% players.
    Source? Or is this ex podex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  20. #80
    Dreadlord rektlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    800
    ITT: 1200 players complaining about bots as an excuse to quit the game because they're too shit to do arena
    this game sucks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •