Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogh View Post
    Do you think blizzard is banning bots? I don't...

I think it's simple math for this greedy company. Look on this advanced equation I did:

Bots + ban = less profit
    Bots + "lie to customers" + ignore = more profit (short turn, but that's all that matters for bonus and shuffle profit to next game)

In my last battleground I ended up with 9 bots in Temple of Kotmogu. If you wonder how I can know they are bots, they all took 1 min to exit while running up and down the ramp. Finally they all exit, and run back and forth for some seconds until they finally start running their normal path. Thats left to right outside entrance. Running up and down, up and down all battleground the same path. They all moved in the same way, not like a multiboxer, but like bots. This is 100% sure bots if anyone have any doubts, it was bots, it was 9 bots in a 10man battleground.

Here are some screenshots:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s9duvrefg8sjwsi/PQ6vpoMAHV

I did report all the bots, I had nothing else to do. And like usual, while reporting many players I get DC (probably some function from Blizzard to prevent people from using this function, many people get dc for this), I got 3 DC while reporting the bots as a thank you from Blizzard.

In the end, what can we expect. This is only the most profitable game in History and we only pay around 130euro/year to play and Blizzard can't spend all (any) money on costumer support, even if that is the main reason they say that we have to pay so much to play this game, to get good support.

On top of this. When I this summer made a post of the official forum complaining about bots, I was rewarded with a Perma Ban from the forum for promoting the use of bots. So I can never again post on the official forum.
    I think you're gonna get banned. You're the odd one out of your team.

Do you retards honestly believe that Blizzard either don't care or even support bots due to holding on to subscriptions. They obviously don't like cheaters and they have a history or banning exploiters in all of their online games. I bet none of you have any software engineering / programming experience and don't realize what a massive fucking challenge it is for Blizzard to not only detect and ban bots, but to make the game more resistant to botting. If they could do it easily, it would have been done.

On a side note: For PVP this botting problem (and ever other problem with random BGs) could be solved by implementing random BG / personal MMR like every respectable online RTS or MOBA game already has. That way all the retarded fucks who can't play the game or bot get low MMR after a short while and everyone else can enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerjoe View Post
    Do you retards honestly believe that Blizzard either don't care or even support bots due to holding on to subscriptions. They obviously don't like cheaters and they have a history or banning exploiters in all of their online games. I bet none of you have any software engineering / programming experience and don't realize what a massive fucking challenge it is for Blizzard to not only detect and ban bots, but to make the game more resistant to botting. If they could do it easily, it would have been done.

On a side note: For PVP this botting problem (and ever other problem with random BGs) could be solved by implementing random BG / personal MMR like every respectable online RTS or MOBA game already has. That way all the retarded fucks who can't play the game or bot get low MMR after a short while and everyone else can enjoy the game.
    Just add a CAPTCHA at the beginning of every battleground!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I think you're heavily exaggerating on the number of bots. I rarely see more than 1 bot in my BG's, if that. Just because you think somebody is acting strange, doesn't mean they're a bot. And I highly doubt you did any real investigating as to watching their movements and whispering all of them. You can say you did, but you'd likely be lying.
    Are you serious, i seen plenty of bots in IoC especially, they have the normal pattern they move and they move in groups... cannot be mistaken for a player. Reporting always every bot i see, hopily they get banned.

PS: captcha would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post
    Are you serious, i seen plenty of bots in IoC especially, they have the normal pattern they move and they move in groups... cannot be mistaken for a player. Reporting always every bot i see, hopily they get banned.

PS: captcha would be nice
    captcha would not work, it seems nice on paper, but it would put more of a hamper on "legit" players vs the bots. sure first few games it would be loved... but doing it every time, or even randomly would only provide annoyance and people would eventually complain and ask for it to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    uggh this old chestnut..... again

1 - Observe the bots to work out how they work
    2 - Make changes behind the scenes to break the bots.
    3 - Test to make sure the changes break the bots.
    4 - make the changes go live
    5 - Ban the players using the bots in a single wave.
    6 - Repeat the process all over again.

Now all of this takes time. A LOT of time. it doesn't just happen over night.
    Years, apparently.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 03:10 PM ----------

To answer the OP's question: No, I do not think Blizzard currently has any interest in banning bots, nor do I think they are making any good-faith efforts in that direction. They have done so in the (distant, in game terms) past and may do so in the future, if they ever believe the bots are costing them revenue. (Should that actually happen though, it will be far, far too late.)