Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Bots + ban = more profit
    Bots + tell customers the truth + ignore the stupid ones + ban = more profit

See how my equations are correct and yours aren't?

Also, you do know that most bots don't pay a sub fee right? Once the credit card holder of the stolen credit card that they used to pay for the sub fee contacts Blizzard about the theft, that money is given back. So how exactly does not banning bots generate less profit?

You must be a complete idiot....I bot and know quite a few from around the states who continue to bot..purchasing with there own money and credit cards
    Yes, some botters use stolen credit cards, Most known area is Over seas a.k.a EUROPE..people who bot do One of the Two. Some bot to make Income and some bot to save there time from the grind..The only ones who get caught are the ones who either...do it 24/7 non-stop and get attention from the wrong people

Been botting for 4-5 years....don't plan to stop anytime soon
    known motto for botters is "Don't bot on something you don't want to lose" since there are Risks...it's been unlikely for a long time

Bot creators..don't make a whole lot...especially the ones who offer Life time subscriptions

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-10 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I personally don't think blizzard ever cared, and due to the lack of subs or losing them, they care even less.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogh View Post
    Do you think blizzard is banning bots? I don't...

I think it's simple math for this greedy company. Look on this advanced equation I did:

Bots + ban = less profit
    Bots + "lie to customers" + ignore = more profit (short turn, but that's all that matters for bonus and shuffle profit to next game)

In my last battleground I ended up with 9 bots in Temple of Kotmogu. If you wonder how I can know they are bots, they all took 1 min to exit while running up and down the ramp. Finally they all exit, and run back and forth for some seconds until they finally start running their normal path. Thats left to right outside entrance. Running up and down, up and down all battleground the same path. They all moved in the same way, not like a multiboxer, but like bots. This is 100% sure bots if anyone have any doubts, it was bots, it was 9 bots in a 10man battleground.

Here are some screenshots:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s9duvrefg8sjwsi/PQ6vpoMAHV

I did report all the bots, I had nothing else to do. And like usual, while reporting many players I get DC (probably some function from Blizzard to prevent people from using this function, many people get dc for this), I got 3 DC while reporting the bots as a thank you from Blizzard.

In the end, what can we expect. This is only the most profitable game in History and we only pay around 130euro/year to play and Blizzard can't spend all (any) money on costumer support, even if that is the main reason they say that we have to pay so much to play this game, to get good support.

On top of this. When I this summer made a post of the official forum complaining about bots, I was rewarded with a Perma Ban from the forum for promoting the use of bots. So I can never again post on the official forum.
    let me just ask you something. why would the most played, biggest subscriber mmo care about massaging numbers to the point of not banning cheating players?

exactly blizzard doesnt care about trolls on the internet saying wow is dying if it loses a small amount of players and dont try to claim bots make up any large portion of the playerbase since 99% of bot complaining comes from pvp players which make up less of the playerbase then hardcore raiders
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I may have posted this before on this or the WoW forums but here it is again.

I came to WoW from an MMO called 'Knight Online', a free to play game with buyable 'extras', EXP boosts, extra gold drop from monsters, scrolls of runspeed etc.

Unfortunately this game was dominated by Turkish players who loved to cheat by using hacks and/or bots to grind away faster/more easily. Of course there would have been UK, Spanish, French, American and even Turkish players using the bots also, but compared to the Turkish players who did this OPENLY in full groups at the most popular monster spawn points, you would have to hunt them down to even see one.

In this game the GM's would do a DAILY banwave and would scroll the names of EVERY banned player in the global chat for all to see.
    The problem was in that the game was free to play and a new account could be made in 30 minutes, so you could be up and running your bot/hack again in no time at all.
    With WoW when you get suspended your account is UNPLAYABLE for a set period and if you get banned you HAVE to buy a new account.

This is one thing i would love to see Blizzard do for WoW. They say they ban in waves and i have no proof to the contrary, but why not show us some proof that bans ARE being made and going out ? Maybe not scrolling names in chat, but how about a notice board in each city, listing the names of that months/quarterly/yearly banwave ?

Out of all the PVP i have done on my Mage in the last 2 months, the only time i ever saw bots is in Battle for Gilneas, Isle of Conquest, Strand and sometimes Powerball if i was unlucky enough to get put into that POS and IMO that is because players HATE those BG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    This screams bug in Blizzard Code, not something intentionally left in just to fuck with those who are reporting bots. However, think what you will. But I will point out, that at no point in my time playing WoW, has Blizzard just started banning players for botting. They usually change their code to make the bots no longer functional. Then they proceed with the bans. Who knows what they are really doing however. It could be just like you suggest.

Lol do you really think there are codes to break bots...oh god the laugh of the day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    Lol do you really think there are codes to break bots...oh god the laugh of the day
    Since you take such great pride in avoid getting caught: Please tell me your character (or account) name and realm.
    No? I did not think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Since you take such great pride in avoid getting caught: Please tell me your character (or account) name and realm.
    No? I did not think so.
    That respons made little to no sense..

OT: There is ALOT more bots than those PvP bots - those are the ones that are most likely to be banned (And yes, Blizzard ban bots. Even though they suspend them first.. So they get like 3 chances)
    Most botters use gathering bots, having two accounts where one farms ores/herbs whole day.
    The best botters are not stupid, and earn a shitload of gold each day and then sell it to gold sellers... Yes I've read up on it, have I used it? yes, once in Vanilla - got a 3 day ban. Will never touch that again, stupid 13 year old me >.<

But I read ALOT on forums, and one day I ended up on a forum where they was discussing how they was earning gold/money by botting - and I was shocked! They have 2-5 accounts running 24/7 mining and herbing and just selling on AH or auto-mailing to their alchemy chars and earn a shitload of gold, wich they sell for real money - thus earning ALOT of money each month... It's crazy :P

And what is their biggest fear? Mass bans.

Yes, Blizzard do mass bans - where they ban ALOT of people at once, spreading fear and agony in their trail.

So let Blizzard do what they know how to do, because everytime someone gets banned the word spreads over bot forums and thus warns everyone..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I think they do, however that doesn't change the fact botting has never been this bad for the 6 years I remember playing which in turns means more people will do it through less chance of being caught. All I know is, games go downhill when botting starts to become normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    I don't think that's what he meant, as far as I see it he means that Blizzard programs new code to make sure the bots cannot work... or at least try to.
    For one I think it could be solved to have people respawn at a random graveyard not a default one. And/Or perhaps that you have to click a cogwheel or something that is never in the same spot to be revived.
    And preferable have people respawn at a location far from the main fight so they're not in range to get honor.
    If these things are implemented it would make it much harder to program bots.

Or have human checks. So that when someone is reported a few times for botting, het gets a human check, so has to press certain keys or click something in a set order.... if the person fails he gets kicked from the battleground... One can only get checked once during a battleground and not if just one person reports him, but several.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think blizzard is banning bots? I don't...

I think it's simple math for this greedy company. Look on this advanced equation I did:

Bots + ban = less profit
    Bots + "lie to customers" + ignore = more profit (short turn, but that's all that matters for bonus and shuffle profit to next game)

In my last battleground I ended up with 9 bots in Temple of Kotmogu. If you wonder how I can know they are bots, they all took 1 min to exit while running up and down the ramp. Finally they all exit, and run back and forth for some seconds until they finally start running their normal path. Thats left to right outside entrance. Running up and down, up and down all battleground the same path. They all moved in the same way, not like a multiboxer, but like bots. This is 100% sure bots if anyone have any doubts, it was bots, it was 9 bots in a 10man battleground.

Here are some screenshots:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s9duvrefg8sjwsi/PQ6vpoMAHV

I did report all the bots, I had nothing else to do. And like usual, while reporting many players I get DC (probably some function from Blizzard to prevent people from using this function, many people get dc for this), I got 3 DC while reporting the bots as a thank you from Blizzard.

In the end, what can we expect. This is only the most profitable game in History and we only pay around 130euro/year to play and Blizzard can't spend all (any) money on costumer support, even if that is the main reason they say that we have to pay so much to play this game, to get good support.

On top of this. When I this summer made a post of the official forum complaining about bots, I was rewarded with a Perma Ban from the forum for promoting the use of bots. So I can never again post on the official forum.
    I'm compelled to ask... didn't you quit because of bots?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...anks-to-bots-(

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I don't think Blizzard gives two half's of a shit. I've known people who have botted on the same character for years. At the end of the day Blizzard loses another 15$ every month when they ban a botter.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I'm compelled to ask... didn't you quit because of bots?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...anks-to-bots-(
    Yea and I did quit. But with an annual pass still active I just wanted to give it one more try after some nice in-game ticket answers from GM's. They assure me they are taking actions, bla bla.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I think you're heavily exaggerating on the number of bots. I rarely see more than 1 bot in my BG's, if that. Just because you think somebody is acting strange, doesn't mean they're a bot. And I highly doubt you did any real investigating as to watching their movements and whispering all of them. You can say you did, but you'd likely be lying.
    How am I exaggerating?

It was 9 bots and me. Do normal players run back and forth the same path for 1min to exit a door and then run back and forth the whole bg with their 9 friends never standing still, never attacking anything that isn't attacking them first?

And I promise you, there are way more bots than you can dare to imagine. These bots today are advanced and they can even win duels against humans. Specially in low lvl, it is not rare to see bots do 5million damage in 85-89 bracket. I would say 50-60% of all players are bots between 00:00-06:00 in EU. I have even read about botters who have seen 100% bot bg's.

Anyway I am very close to get a bot myself soon... At least as long as I have my annual pass active.
    Last edited by mmoc5d3135715b; 2012-12-10 at 09:41 AM.

Bots are starting to be more and more common in LFR/LFG this will help light a fire under Blizzards ass to do something. Watching somebody run a perfect square casting one heal then making a perfect 90 degree turn running casting a heal and repeating in a box over and over will get ppls attention quickly. The pvp bots are why I quit doing bgs last season since I mostly played at night when they are out in force. I would love to see this come to an end soon.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I know at least 2 dozen players who quit, myself included(and most of my guild) over bots. Not directly, mind you.

We can't do a BG without everyone not in party being a bot. We can't level in BGs without joining a BG with mostly bots. We can't do dungeons, without having bots flooding our groups.

I think, ultimately, this proves the problem with Honor and Justice points. Why do it manually? It's not fun, it's frustrating, and it won't be enjoyable until after the grind is done. Rather than looking at ways to break bots, Why not look at ways to make people not want to bot. Make the game fun again. Yes, BGing with full gear is a blast. Entering a BG with full leveling greens/blues with 4k honor worth(maybe 2 pieces?) of gear, only to be *literally* 1shot is frustrating.

You now have to do 33 dungeons in a week to cap your valor. What the fuck? Dungeons take close to 30 minutes. That's 16 1/2 HOURS of grindage. Who thought THIS was a good idea? Oh you could do dailies, and possibly shave off half that time, still doesn't change the fact it's too much for one player to do.

WoW Went from having a little bit to do, to being a 9-5 job - that you have to pay for. This is, i think, what turned more players to botting. More people are botting their dailies, more people are botting dungeons, more people are botting pvp.

Deleted
    I have asked this question from time to time:

Have anyone ever heard of annoyer who got banned for botting in battlegrounds since cata? I am not talking about pve, I know some bots get banned for pve, but never them who only bot in pvp.

I have asked this question from time to time:

Have anyone ever heard of annoyer who got banned for botting in battlegrounds since cata? I am not talking about pve, I know some bots get banned for pve, but never them who only bot in pvp.
    I've heard rumours people atleast get suspended by doing it (IF they get enough reports in one day or something..), so if someone bots the whole night/day, and recieve like 2-3 reports every BG they will most likely get suspended for a day or two I guess.. :P Happend to me back in Vanilla when I was botting BGs (Yes, thats like 7-8 years ago.. :P)
    But I dont got any friends that bots, so I dont know anyone that got banned/suspended from it
    Last edited by Noxina; 2012-12-10 at 10:25 AM.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Anyway I am very close to get a bot myself soon... At least as long as I have my annual pass active.
    Probably not the wisest move after identifying your character in those screenshots above, unless of course you really don't care about what happens to the account.

However, I once reported a member of my own guild who was sat at the auction house in booty bay. He was obviously using some sort of scripting as you could see a particular buff being cast about every 10 seconds to prevent AFK. A few people who had been doing Alliance-Horde transfers of items complained at me that he had bought the auctions instantly after they were posted. I tested it myself with a maelstrom crystal at a silly low price and watched as it was bought faster than anyone could have searched and clicked to buy it without scripting. To my knowledge he never even got a suspension, let alone ban. In his "defense" he did say he returned the stuff and hadn't realised what he did would be considered botting but *shrug*
    Last edited by The High Druid; 2012-12-10 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The High Druid View Post
    Probably not the wisest move after identifying your character in those screenshots above, unless of course you really don't care about what happens to the account.

However, I once reported a member of my own guild who was sat at the auction house in booty bay. He was obviously using some sort of scripting as you could see a particular buff being cast about every 10 seconds to prevent AFK. A few people who had been doing Alliance-Horde transfers of items complained at me that he had bought the auctions instantly after they were posted. I tested it myself with a maelstrom crystal at a silly low price and watched as it was bought faster than anyone could have searched and clicked to buy it without scripting. To my knowledge he never even got a suspension, let alone ban. In his "defense" he did say he returned the stuff and hadn't realised what he did would be considered botting but *shrug*
    That was actually kinda clever :P
    He would most likely just get a "Exploiting Gold Market" suspand or something from that, read somwhere about one that was botting pretty much 24/7 on two account, mining and herbing only got those suspands.. Never anything about botting : /

The case here I believe, is that Blizzard lack the tool to tell botters and "no-lifers" apart, there is alot of people playing this game way to many hours a day, alteast imo :P
    And I've seen bots in BGs that are better than actually players aswell. (Atleast I think they where bots, as they never replied).
    And then there is the gathering bots, just flying around mining and herbing all day long..

I dont believe it's that easy to catch them anymore tbh, they are getting pretty smart :/

they ban, but they only give bg botters 24,48,72 hour bans the first couple of times. if you check out certain forums on the interwebz you'll see how many people manage to turn their permabans around to 72 hours or less just by claiming they had no idea they looked like botters, or by claiming they've been "hacked". it's stupid really. if they started permabanning botters for real you'd see a lot less within a few weeks.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    in the 85 to 89 bracket, 80% of the people in them are bots. in isle of conquest you are guaranteed to see 30+ people following each other around doing nothing. it is seriously terrible every bg end's up becoming a 4 v 2 or 1 v 4 or something. and don't even mention the bots that farm mobs in vale of eternal blossoms for sky shards. there is like 10 bots at the ghost mogu camp. 24\7