Deleted

SP or rogue for pvp?

Hallo!

I have a hard time to chose, if i should play my rogue or priest as shadow in PVP.

Any tips what i should take priest or rogue?

CHeers

Well ofcourse it's what you prefer but going specifically on a performance basis, SP without a doubt , rogues aren't terrible but they aren't where they should be in their current state!

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are masochist by nature take rogue. If you wanna see why is it named Godcomp take Spriest.

Deleted
    Well my first choice is priest, but my mate says that priest are way to easy to lock down in pvp.

sp op /10char

Deleted
    Shadow Priests aren't op, but they are certainly a good class for pvp in general. Rogues, not so much. But they could be boosted soon since almost no rogue is happy with t heir current state.

10+ Year Old Account
    SP for now, but I would definetly keep up on the rogue. We all know they will get a hardcore buff soon. Its not in rogues nature to be at the bottom of the foodchain

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    SP for now, but I would definetly keep up on the rogue. We all know they will get a hardcore buff soon. Its not in rogues nature to be at the bottom of the foodchain
    This. Blizzard won't let their beloved rogues sit in the cellar for too long.

But for the moment, I see way more shadow priests in competitive play.

15+ Year Old Account
    On he other hand, why not both?

Deleted
    I could ofc play them both, but would rather focus on one and learn to play that toon to the max.

Priest is still my number 1, but the upcoming rogue buffs is ofc something im thinking about..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuttifruttii View Post
    I could ofc play them both, but would rather focus on one and learn to play that toon to the max.

Priest is still my number 1, but the upcoming rogue buffs is ofc something im thinking about..
    Just play the one you like the most. Unlike rogues, priests have always been kind of an "ok" class for arenas and rbgs, while rogues were a great class. But with the recent changes, even if our damage gets a nerf we will still be used as one of the best support classes (life swap, fears, heals, grip, etc), so pick the one you enjoy the most.

I mained a rogue from open beta in 2004 up through this expac, but am now playing a warrior.

In random BGs, rogues are easier to dispose of than priests (dispose = either kill or make them vanish and run away). I've played a decent amount of max level pvp on my priest, but I'm much more experienced with my rogue.

When I'm playing on my spriest, most melee makes me unhappy. When I'm on my rogue, as long as I save vanish for escaping, I'm usually happy fighting anyone that doesn't gcd-kerplow! me because I can get away.

That's all a round about way of saying that spriest damage and utility is awesome, and when you're not being trained, it feels awesome. Once you get trained though, life starts to suck. On a rogue, you don't have as much damage throughput or killing potential (ime at least), but you don't have to have your day ruined by that one warrior/dk/whatever that decides that you're going to be his punching bag.