Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Are we moving to a 1 faction dominated Azeroth?

    I was reading some of the interviews and it seems Wrathion is moving this way, because two major factions fighting constantly on Azeroth is weakening the planet's defenses.

    At the same time, the Bloodelves are moving.....
    The chief of the tauren is friends with Anduin.....

    Is there a movement towards uniting the 2 factions? Or maybe making 1 dominate the other?
    Waht does that say about the new to be Warchief?
    Could this be a Allience character? This would be some surprise by the way.

    Anything likely to happen for the next xpac or are we going to keep going at each other in between the big threads?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaketh the truth View Post
    Blizzard will always send a people wake-up calls. And they have been sending us wake-up call, after wake-up call, after a wake-up call. ... they have been sending us wake-up calls, and you can send two kinds of wake-up calls. One through fear, like 5.1. Patch 5.1 woke us up, and we stood shoulder-to-shoulder for a very short period of time.

    They have to make you care. They have to force it down your throat. When anyone has to force it, it's a problem. You didn't have to force that the world was round. You didn't have to.
    It is impressive how much you can write without saying anything.

    I don't think we'll get one-faction Azeroth, because it has always been (and will probably always be) Orcs vs Humans. Also, how would pvp be possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

  3. #3
    it seems we're heading towards a treaty like the one made between the horde and jaina's forces.

    while being no allies they wont take arms agianst each other. ofcourse we first have to get rid of garrosh before that happens

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    It is impressive how much you can write without saying anything.

    I don't think we'll get one-faction Azeroth, because it has always been (and will probably always be) Orcs vs Humans. Also, how would pvp be possible?
    Pvp easy like arena. You kill opponents of the same faction from time to time anyway.

  5. #5
    This what I am getting at specifically:

    From the interview:
    So we're on the next step of Wrathion's quests. On the one hand, he's getting a huge army together. On the other, he has us murdering each other. That seems kind of counterproductive, doesn't it?

    Kosak: You're attempting to delve into the mind of a black dragon -- you're going into dangerous territory here! His stated goal is that he thinks that having two equal factions at war constantly on Azeroth is bad news. He thinks the planet would be stronger if there were one faction in charge that completely dominates the other. So he's looking at this more as an opportunity to finally establish the complete dominance of one of the factions.

    And to that end, he isn't sure which one should win. Who should run the planet, the Alliance or the Horde? So he's doing a little research, he's doing a little probing, he's seeing -- what's the caliber of the Horde players? What's the caliber of the Alliance? What are their leaders like? And he's testing you, and he's running experiments. And I also have to think that Wrathion seeing the chaos along the shoreline just kind of revels in the absolute destruction of it all. (laughs) But he really is testing you to figure out which faction he thinks really deserves to rule the planet.

  6. #6
    If we consider the Burning Legion / Sargeras to be essentially the end of WoW, then yes. Eventually it'll take a united Azeroth to defeat them.

    Is that going to happen any time 'soon'? I doubt it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaketh the truth View Post
    All in all, I believe in both faction's sruvival. I believe that we are not too far gone. I believe that people can watch and see the difference. They can feel the difference. When you watch Wrathion, you can just see he is angry. We are not an angry faction. We don't listen to demagogues like that. It doesn’t work. No matter how much power he has amassed, no matter how many friends in the Black Flight he has, this player base knows. And if they reject it this time, if they're so dead inside - that's a possibility - if they're so dead inside that they can no longer see the difference between good and evil, we have to be destroyed because we will be a remarkable evil on this planet.
    Fantastic, keep it up.

    OT: Wrathion is indeed testing us. The names of the achievements linked to him are teasers of what might come: "Two Princes" will probably point to Anduin and possibly Wrathion himself (The Black Prince), whereas Judgement of the Black Prince might lead to Wrathion choosing 'his' side. Whether this is Horde or Alliance or a third party, we can only guess.
    I doubt one faction will overpower the other, but I do believe we will get more cooperation between the factions after Pandaria. There are already friendships growing between new faction characters (e.g. Baine and Anduin), so the seeds for more cooperation are sown. Whether we'll truly get it, only Blizzard knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

  8. #8
    Pit Lord Galbrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,301
    I don't trust Wrathion much. He's always talking about how the Horde and the Alliance should unite and yet I can't help but notice we get rep with him by killing people on the opposing faction. He's just playing us imo.

  9. #9
    Yes we are moving to a 1 faction dominated Azeroth, but not for the reasons you are thinking. The purpose has nothing to do with lore, it's about money, and it won't happen for a very long time until Titan (next mmo) is released. Blizzard will slop both factions together once Titan is out, effectively cranking their milk pumps to maximum sucking power to suck every last ounce of curdled and jaded milk from their cash cows. It's a sort of "last patch for WoW" plan, giving the game one last push to propel it into the long run. Both factions will unite when Blizzard plans to stop making content for WoW.

  10. #10
    Field Marshal stresskiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    98
    i guess the smurfes will take over with 50 shades of blue ..

  11. #11
    The Patient Thornvale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    272
    A third faction is more likely, imo.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome ThatInternet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shrine of Talos
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I was reading some of the interviews and it seems Wrathion is moving this way, because two major factions fighting constantly on Azeroth is weakening the planet's defenses.

    At the same time, the Bloodelves are moving.....
    The chief of the tauren is friends with Anduin.....

    Is there a movement towards uniting the 2 factions? Or maybe making 1 dominate the other?
    Waht does that say about the new to be Warchief?
    Could this be a Allience character? This would be some surprise by the way.

    Anything likely to happen for the next xpac or are we going to keep going at each other in between the big threads?
    Well once Voljin becomes leader of all the trolls, I believe that will become the new horde, and they will invite the forsaken, tauren, thall's followers(goblins, incuding goblins), and bloodelves(they will have what all the magic they need from garrosh's plunder of the mogu magics). this will in turn make garrosh retreat to org with the few followers he has left, and his mogu construct army.

    Then both factions sign a ceasefire, and reclaim orgrimmar. where you will find out that Garrosh, in his desperation, summoned the burning legion.

    So the Ceasefire will remain in place, once both sides have a larger enemy to face. Wrathion's story along with Anduin's will bring the peace in the next patch or two.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 12:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I don't trust Wrathion much. He's always talking about how the Horde and the Alliance should unite and yet I can't help but notice we get rep with him by killing people on the opposing faction. He's just playing us imo.
    He is escalating. His alliance is to the titans, who conquered azeroth and rescued it from the old god corruption. However, as Sargeras is a corrupted Titan, and an imminent threat, I believe his goal is to create so much chaos on azeroth to attract the eyes of the burning legion, an alternative goal in doing this is allowing the horde and alliance to get over their frustrations towards one another, for when the time comes, a united azeroth will be required.

    Also, I believe the Old gods will be good guys against sarge. The Klaxxi have given my theory hope on that.
    dictated but not read.

  13. #13
    Field Marshal Panchow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    75
    I don't think we will have a one-faction ruled azeroth, but I think anduin will stand very close to the leading top if he isn't the leading top.
    I got this idea because he talks with xuen, the white tiger, as if he wouldn't belong to any faction. But at least he isn't biased against the horde.
    I guess he could come to an understanding with the next leader of the horde when he is the ruler of the alliance.

  14. #14
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaketh the truth View Post
    Blizzard will always send a people wake-up calls. And they have been sending us wake-up call, after wake-up call, after a wake-up call. ... they have been sending us wake-up calls, and you can send two kinds of wake-up calls. One through fear, like 5.1. Patch 5.1 woke us up, and we stood shoulder-to-shoulder for a very short period of time.

    They have to make you care. They have to force it down your throat. When anyone has to force it, it's a problem. You didn't have to force that the world was round. You didn't have to.
    Brrr, I wonder what it must be like inside your brain. I still have no idea if you're saying anything really, doesn't seem that way...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Triemer View Post
    I don't think we will have a one-faction ruled azeroth, but I think anduin will stand very close to the leading top if he isn't the leading top.
    I got this idea because he talks with xuen, the white tiger, as if he wouldn't belong to any faction. But at least he isn't biased against the horde.
    I guess he could come to an understanding with the next leader of the horde when he is the ruler of the alliance.
    Well there are some openings to very surprising scenario's of events.
    Anduin is indeed talking to Xuen in favor of both Horde and Alliance.

    Stuff happening on Pandaria will end in removal of Garrosh..... the spot of the Warchief will open up.
    Wrathion is investigating which leader is up to the task... and Garrosh get removed. I am starting to get a feeling that Wrathion will have some role in the Siege of Orgrimar.
    So..... does it seem likely that Wrathion will side with the Alliance, just because the High King is up to the task where Garrosh fails?

    Is it a possibilty to see Anduin stepping up and taking the leadership of the Horde?
    It is far-fetched I know.... but things are opening up.
    And if Wrathion is right and we are to be exposed to a bigger thread than ever before.. we need desperate meassures I think.

  16. #16
    No, Blizz wont certainly make all the players to act as one faction.
    It seems to me that the next expansion will be about the burning legion invasion as a huge threat (as never before) to all life on azeroth and sargeras awakens as the final boss. So the horde and allince will stand together against him as the union faction with reputation to be raised by players.

  17. #17
    I'm expecting another uneasy truce after the Orgrimarr raid making way for a burning legion invasion expansion.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    5,017
    Given that he gives both factions the EXACT SAME quest, I think it is far more likely that the Legendary questline comes to the following conclusion(s);

    - Nothing significant comes of it other than "Here's an epic my Friend, I hope to see you again in the Future."

    - The final battle happens and Wrathion flutters down "You see what you can do if you work together? THAT is the true strength we will need when the Final Battle comes!".



    While I would love the second, I think I would be too, too stupid not to expect the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  19. #19
    a united azeroth? yes. one faction? never the horde and the alliance while one day may unite are to divided to ever go under one banner so while its inevitable that one day they will be allies thy will never be one country
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  20. #20
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    11,727
    I think we will be more friendly and maybe see a quest hub where we are trying to combine our forces. I would like to put an empahis on the word trying, I think we will see quest where the people who don't like each the other faction will try to hurt each other. Even maybe a pvp quest where secretly hurt our supposed allies?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •