Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Only time I've ever seen one of those in real life is in police cars. Not that I've ever been in a police car but I've seen them
    Only other time I've seen barriers in a car is in American TV shows
    If you take a cab in new york city, there is few, if not 0 cabs without cages or a screen / glass of some kind for the safety of the driver, and I think they carry guns also as a job requirement but am not certain.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Always the back seats first here in Singapore. No ifs or buts. That's just how it is.

In Norway, on the other hand, it more or less depends on the Taxi driver. Sometimes they might want the passenger to sit in the front seat for some reason.

I always sit in the back personally. He/she is my designated driver for said trip, so it should look like it also (even though that statement did somehow look rather "elitistic").

i jump in the front seat.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can count the amount of times I've been in a taxi on one hand, and I've never been in one alone so naturally you fill up the back seat first if you're several people.
    If I did go alone I think I'd aim for the backseat first as well, if it was a long journey I'd ask the driver where he prefer I sit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never been in a taxi. Come to think of it, probably can count on one hand the times I've taken any sort of public transportation too.

If I did use a taxi on a regular basis, I'd definitely sit in the back. I respect others' space and value mine highly.

Considering I've only ever ridden in a Taxi when I'm out with other people we always sit in the back and if we have too many people to fit in the back we play paper, rock, scissors to see who takes front and they normally sit there awkwardly not talking to us or the driver (I've sat in front before and I don't know if I've just had bad luck with taxi drivers or if it's all taxi drivers in the US but they NEVER talk to us). But if I take a chick out to a club or something we end up taking a cab or the trolley so neither one of us has to worry about how much we drink and still have to drive and we've always sat in the back seat.

Deleted
    back, would feel a little uncomfortable sat in the front next to the driver, would be forced to make conversation

ive sat in the front once becuase there was 4 of us getting the taxi, so 3 in the back and 1 front

Not sure how it goes for other countries, but in Australia most Taxi Drivers are Indian. And I could just be unlucky, but every Taxi driver I get (Other races as well not just Indians, but they make up the bulk of drivers) is not talkative in the slightest (even when I'm alone) and whenever I've sat in the front I've just ended up listening to their conversation to some friend on the phone in some other language.

So after many vain attempts of sitting in the front, trying to be nice and having a conversation with my Cab drivers, I tend to just sit in the back now, even when I'm alone. Compare that to when I was in New York (Again could just be luck) and every time I got into a Cab I had wonderful chats with my drivers and really enjoyed some of the odd facts I got told about NYC.

So yea I'd prefer to just do the proper thing and sit up the front, have a good chat with the Cabbie, but such niceties are lost on basically every Aussie Cab driver I've had. And of course if you're with other people then it doesn't matter where you sit, you'll tend to be wanting to chat with your friends and the Cabbie will just leave you be.

Well, when the icebear is in the front I tend to sit in the back.. Hate it when the icebear beats me to it and claims "shotgun" : / But that's how it works in Norway..

If not I take the front, and have a chat with the taxidriver.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

In Germany, you usually sit on the front seat if alone - it is considered a little unfriendly to to "deny" conversation with the cab driver by sitting in the back if you are alone and a lot of cab drivers are pretty talkative (might also just be me being talktative, though I never force a conversation).

If you sit in the back, you basically "tell" the cab driver you're not interesting in a conversation, at least in my opinion.

I think girls do this a lot more often than guys if alone with a male cab driver for (at least halfway) obvious reasons.

I would sit in the back in hopes to avoid small talk.

Deleted
    I always sit in the back, it feels weird to go next to a person that you don't know, atleast in a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I would sit in the back in hopes to avoid small talk.
    And this. Taxi drivers usually want to talk about everything and I'm more interested in looking outside than talking, so sitting in the back usually helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Well, when the icebear is in the front I tend to sit in the back.. Hate it when the icebear beats me to it and claims "shotgun" : / But that's how it works in Norway..

If not I take the front, and have a chat with the taxidriver.
    Its called a polarbear Icebear just sounds wierd.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    in general I sit in the front.

I don't use taxis often because there's a pretty reliable bus service in the area and taxis tend to be a lot more expensive, but when I do use them I sit in the front, even though I'm rather shy and so don't talk a lot. it just feels rude to sit in the back and the front of a car tends to be more comfortable anyway, with more leg room
    Last edited by rayvio; 2012-12-10 at 12:06 PM.

In the UK pretty much the only time I have ever seen anyone sit in the front of a taxi is if there are too many people in the group for everyone to be in the back, at the end of the day you can still talk from the back seat if you want to
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Source)
    Paladin chat and whispers now appear with sparkles.
    We have officially changed the name of the "rogue" class to “rouge.”
    All dungeon & raid bosses now have legs. If they already had legs, they got more legs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    It's definitely a cultural thing. Here in the UK most people would sit in the back, although I've observed a lot of pensioners tending to sit in the front seat. Probably due to the differences in beliefs with the two age groups.

Could also be because sitting in the back can be seen as a status thing. I mean how many CEO's of big companies, when they're being chauffeured around sit in the front seat? They don't because the driver is "beneath" them. I think the same probably applies here, you're being provided a service so you're going to sit in the back.
    Here in the UK that is more likely to be for the traditional London style cab. For a typical taxi without the front/back separation, if you're on your own the front seat is more appropriate.

Depends, when I was in south america I usually sat in the front and talked to the driver here in germany, the back.

Deleted
    Veeery rare I use a taxi. But if I usually sit at the front when I'm on my own. When I'm in the group I'm usually at the back. We put elder ppl or ppl with handycap to the front or the one who will pay the taxi.

Here in the US it's mostly in the back behind a cage or bullet proof glass for the safety of the driver.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.