Deleted

Gemming for Crit and playing Fire?

After trying Frost and Arcane I just don't like the play-style.

Would Gemming Pure Crit Yellow socket/ Crit-Int Red Sockets/ Crit-Hit Blue Sockets to increase procs be ok ?

Thx in advance

You should have been geming crit before the nerf ?

Deleted
    Uhm, what nerf? I haven't noticed any ( specially for fire )

But for 10m raiding, I think crit>haste>mastery like the usual. Even with the new mastery change for fire mages, I still think it's our least desired stat. I might be wrong though, I only pvp as frost ( required in arenas / rbgs )

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post

But for 10m raiding, I think crit>haste>mastery like the usual. Even with the new mastery change for fire mages, I still think it's our least desired stat. I might be wrong though, I only pvp as frost ( required in arenas / rbgs )
    He means the 50% conbustion and the other talent crit modifier for fireball and pyroblast nerfs.

Prismatic: 320 Crit
    Yellow: 320 Crit
    Blue: 160 Hit + 160 Crit
    Red: 80 Int + 160 Crit OR 160 Expertise + 160 Crit

There is a lot of good information in the Fire Mage sticky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post

What I've found was working for me was int>crit>mastery>haste.

I go for mastery after crit for fire purely because mastery improves ignite, which after the combustion and critical mass nerf, seems to make more sense. I found that if I can't have a nice combustion dot, I may as well increase the power of my ignite, which is has more uptime anyway.

The combustion nerf may have been needed, but I think a 50% reduction was too much, especially added to the critical mass nerf. I'm guessing one of them will be rebuffed eventually.

I guess some people will have a different stat priority, but I find this order works best for my play style.

After these nerfs, it's actually getting to the stage where frost is equal if not better then fire for PvE. At least that's what some of the theorycrafting is showing, will be interesting to see how many mages drop fire and swap to frost, at least until they've stopped ruining fire dps.

Deleted
    I'm personally taking as much crit as possible so for me it's Yellow socket = int crit gem, red socket = same as yellow and blue socket arre full of int + hit gems but thats because my gear is still only 482 and I can't reach the hit cap with the gear im in right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    I guess some people will have a different stat priority, but I find this order works best for my play style.
    No.

This order does not work for you're 'playstyle', gemming crit works best for Fire no matter what strange priority you cast you're spells in, You're just misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullrog View Post
    I'm personally taking as much crit as possible so for me it's Yellow socket = int crit gem, red socket = same as yellow and blue socket arre full of int + hit gems but thats because my gear is still only 482 and I can't reach the hit cap with the gear im in right now.
    So you're gemming for as much crit as possible, but still using int/crit gem in a yellow socket? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullrog View Post
    Don't forget that you can reforge into Expertise as well for hit. Hit cap should be ridiculously easy to hit at 482.

Red Socket: Int/Crit
    Yellow: Crit
    Blue: Crit/Hit

If you are a JC, use Int gems in any red sockets you have available.