Deleted

Solo old raids (twin emporer problem)

As an enhancement shaman, I do understand Twin Emperor can be an issue. I would like to hear if any enhancement shamans out there has managed to solo him yet? I am having issues on them, atm I am farming elemental gear just to try and down them that way.

Tips?Anything is welcome
    Thanks

I'd recommend just slow-casting searing totem and lightning bolt, as the mixed dmg will be quite detrimental. You don't need that much DPS anymore, so even off-spec should be enough.

Deleted
    Cant you just burst them down quick? I barely notice them heal since they go down so fast..

The cpx i think the problem usually is that half an enhancement abilities are magic and the other half melee. I havent tried this as enhancement before and have no idea which spells are considered magic and which are melee either but you might be able to macro all your abilities to target the boss which you need to melee with whichever spells are counted as melee and visa versa for your spells. If however all your actual spells are magic and its only your white hits that are melee then you might be better off as the cpx said, bursting the 1 you need to use magic on down. Ofc as Kendeura said they have been massively nerfed to make them easier to solo so you might just be able to do basically nothing and just auto attack 1 of them
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-12-10 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    They really that nerfed? I tried them today, well my gear isnt good at all since I recently dinged 90 but I couldnt get past 95% without the other one healing him up badly. So reading this feels kinda strange from what I experience today at twin emperors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by testocyp View Post
    They really that nerfed? I tried them today, well my gear isnt good at all since I recently dinged 90 but I couldnt get past 95% without the other one healing him up badly. So reading this feels kinda strange from what I experience today at twin emperors.
    I went in with 460ilvl enhancement gear and couldnt get past 90% either unless i had my cd's up.In the end I just resorted to my elemental gear and blew the caster up before Ascendance even finished haha. I dont see how it's possible as enhancement though honestly. The mage guy knocks you back and you just dont have enough melee attacks to keep pressure on the hp pool.

Ah ok, I havent tried them since blizz said they nerfed all these bosses which were hard to solo and even if i did im still elemental so couldnt say for enhancement for sure, I have a better explanation from what I said earlier below to try and get past their mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    I went in with 460ilvl enhancement gear and couldnt get past 90% either unless i had my cd's up.In the end I just resorted to my elemental gear and blew the caster up before Ascendance even finished haha. I dont see how it's possible as enhancement though honestly. The mage guy knocks you back and you just dont have enough melee attacks to keep pressure on the hp pool.
    Alright, well as i suggested in my previous comment, find out which attacks damage which boss, make macros for all your abilites to target / attack the boss which is damageable by that attack, stand with your back against the wall or in a corner so you dont get knockbacked and try that
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-12-10 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    I did it just before 5.1 and just after...it takes a while but it's easy enough (double WF, just use SS/UE and earth ele on the physical one and ignore the magical one). Just try and position yourself in a corner etc. so you don't get knocked back much.

(btw a word of warning for C'thun...get out of the stomach ASAP, you'll die in a few secs cos of the stomach acid bug)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-12-10 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    I did it just before 5.1 and just after...it takes a while but it's easy enough (double WF, just use SS/UE and earth ele on the physical one and ignore the magical one). Just try and position yourself in a corner etc. so you don't get knocked back much.

(btw a word of warning for C'thun...get out of the stomach ASAP, you'll die in a few secs cos of the stomach acid bug)
    Stomach bug is no longer existant. You now have 30 seconds to get out of the stomach

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Stomach bug is no longer existant. You now have 30 seconds to get out of the stomach
    It still exists. Damage you take from acid equals to your spell power (even though tooltip on debuff says "150 damage every 5 second"). I took almost 100k damage (Ret paladin with 15k spell power) during the time that I spent killing tentacles. I got 3 stacks (15k, 30k, 45k ticks = 90k total).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    It still exists. Damage you take from acid equals to your spell power. I took almost 100k damage (Ret paladin with 15k spell power) during the time that I spent killing tentacles. Tooltip on debuff said "150 damage every 5 second" per stack. I got 3 stacks (15k, 30k, 45k ticks = 90k total).
    Did it last week just fine on my Elemental shaman and don't remember taking any damage at all =/ Will need to check that out later

I took the worm also to C'thun because I had no clue if it was possible or not.
    Funny thing was that it bugged when the worm pulled me back out and the acid kept on stacking even outside and i died (shame on me).

But it's quite simple now, you can kill 2 big tentacles inside stomach in 1 go.

Emperors, iirc their hps is 30k, easy to outdps as ele, but as enhance might be difficult if you don't have any good weapons. Maybe you can make macro your shocks and LB so magic goes on caster and melee on phys guy if you struggle to outdps their healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    I took the worm also to C'thun because I had no clue if it was possible or not.
    Funny thing was that it bugged when the worm pulled me back out and the acid kept on stacking even outside and i died (shame on me).

But it's quite simple now, you can kill 2 big tentacles inside stomach in 1 go.

Emperors, iirc their hps is 30k, easy to outdps as ele, but as enhance might be difficult if you don't have any good weapons. Maybe you can make macro your shocks and LB so magic goes on caster and melee on phys guy if you struggle to outdps their healing.

I can't even down them as elemental and thats with ilvl 465. I burst to 1mill then their healing start and I just cant get them down.......

The twin are definately soloable with enhance. It takes a bit of time but you will slowly kill the melee twin if you use Stormstrike and UE:WF/RB on cd, and use Feral spirit, Lust and ele totems as well. Primal elementalist and Elem Mastery maybe the best talents to use, since you can reduce healing if you manage to have your earth ele taunt the caster away.

This isn't really the answer that you want to hear, but due to the nature of that fight and the enhancement toolkit you're better off just going elemental and blowing it up in an ascendance. Even crap caster mail should suffice on that fight as it's nearly dead at the end of ascendance anyway.
    Hatred the Fearless.

I did it last reset, it is doable, but just veeeeery slowly. Burn down the physical guy with melee/stormstrike/unleash. Do not use searing/wolfs etc.. as this will cause them to attack it, and they will heal to full.
    Pop BL and a dps racial. It took me 12 minutes to burn the one down, dont forget to CL sometimes to get the hit on the other guy.

Altho I most likekly will not be doing it again on my shaman, my rogue can burn him down in like 2-3 min if not faster as a lower geared alt.