Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    The Patient Arainie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    249
    Stop even trying to tell us that Windsong / Elemental Force and green gems cost too much. Mastery on bracers is a fine alternative to Int/Agi/str, and it costs below 50 gold. There's always a cheap alternative, not wearing any gems or enchants is not the same thing as not wearing the absolutely best in slot enchant/gem.

    On top of that, dailies do not only provide PvE exclusive rewards. They provide patterns, formulas, mounts and other vanity items. Why should PvP players not do dailies? All the hardcore PvPers I know are extremely keen on finishing as many dailies as possible each day.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Oh, now I know!
    Of course you are right.
    Just because I said that people do not need chants and gems to down bosses - it means that I do not chant my gear and do not gem it, and do not reforge. Maybe even do not eat and do not use flasks. No pots of course too. Of course you are right. You see right thru me.
    Of course, feel free to just quote some of what I said.
    And did you miss the part
    (P.S you can also be some troll, posting this for "fun". So if you do have your gear gemmed and enchanted - well, sir you're an asshat)
    I dont even understand how you can argue about this? If you dont gem or enchant your gear before joining up with other people, you're a pest. You're a slacker that needs to be carried because you dont pull 100% of what you could be pulling.
    Just try to explain to me - how can someone who dont do the best they can, deserve a spot in ANY group with other people that are trying to do what they can? Why should this pest for the other people in the raid/group/bg, get anything?
    If he takes 5 minutes to type: "Gemming Arms Warr MoP" in google, find out what gems to use, buy those cheap gems at the auction house, gem his gear. Then repeat with enchants, I would have no problems learning all tactics to him. Did it in many pugs from WotLK to now.

    I just dont see your logic, and thus - you're either stupid or a pest claiming you gem/enchant your gear.
    Norwegian and proud if it, not really. But I am. Too bad beer and tobaco is so damn expensive here.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I just dont see your logic, and thus - you're either stupid or a pest claiming you gem/enchant your gear.
    You're problem isn't so much that you're failing to see his/her logic but that you've failed to see the fallacy of YOUR argument.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    You're problem isn't so much that you're failing to see his/her logic but that you've failed to see the fallacy of YOUR argument.
    Fallacy, not quite sure what it means - but something about me thinking wrong or something? Again, English aint my mother tongue.

    So what is wrong about my argument?
    Norwegian and proud if it, not really. But I am. Too bad beer and tobaco is so damn expensive here.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    ....but English aint my mother tongue.....

    But feel free to call me a scrub if that pleases you, sir.
    Man you're so annoying it's beyond comprehension you can actually live with yourself. You make personal accusations in this thread to people, say people call you scrubs and when someone actually makes a very decent comment against your arrogant point of view towards your 'pests', you try to defend behind it that English isnt your native language (Somehwere someone mentioned 'Google > PVE+PVP', I guess this goes especially for you) while you seem to do perfectly well pointing fingers to others.

    I do recommend you to take a simple reading lesson and actually read complete posts before you go all mental.

    As a referencepoint I give you this :

    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    In return, the retort simply could be that YOU are the scrub who is too much of a nub to handle RBG and Arena where the real challenge lies.

    Not really my opinion on the subject matter but an equally valid response and view if we are taking yours at any measure too.

    OT :
    People should play how they want and leave them be, complains about the 'public' part of the game (BG/LFG/LFR) is stupid, just because there is a 'private' part of the game. (RBG/Guildgroups/Guildraids).
    It isnt a designflaw from blizzard, its a pov-flaw from self proclaimed awesome players.
    Last edited by Sersel; 2012-12-11 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I don't celebrate National Native Americans Welcomed Us With Open Arms and Helped Us Survive the First Winter That We Were Woefully Unprepared For and We Repaid Them By Taking Their Lands, Raping Their Women and Murdering Them Day....
    Several Indian tribes see this holiday as the beginning of a process by which they tragically lost their land, and their population was decimated. Every year Indians come together in Plymouth to commemorate their "national day of mourning."

  6. #86
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    I never understood why people care so much about other people. We live on such a beautiful planet.

  7. #87
    I don't have any gems or enchants and I can do 100k dps single target just fine. Warriors OP!

  8. #88
    Well, all I've tried to point out is that people who dont gem or enchant their gear are the so called "pests" of this game. They slow down the groups they join, by not doing what they could be doing with a fully gemmed and enchanted gear set.
    There is no reason not to do it, as it is dirt cheap to gem and enchant your gear.

    And when people start arguing about the fact that it isnt needed? I dont even understand how they can stand by that. Of course it's needed to gem and enchant your gear so other people in an online game wont need to carry you.

    Maybe I'm arrogant, and according to you guys - I am. Thats fine. But calling me a scrub and nub because I say people should gem and enchant their gear, to get into any social aspect of the game where your dps/heal/tanking abilities got something to say.. I find them as a pest, and I dont invite them to my Pugs, and if I join a pug and notice one of those ungemmed/enchanted people, I 1: tell the leader about it. 2. If he dosnt do anything about it, I leave.

    So yeah, I may be arrogant because I want people to do their share. I may be arrogant because I claim I'm right by saying people SHOULD gem and enchant their gear to pull their weight. And if that makes me arrogant - then I'm gladly an arrogant bastard, atleast I dont need to play with scrubs like that.
    Norwegian and proud if it, not really. But I am. Too bad beer and tobaco is so damn expensive here.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I dont need to play with scrubs like that.
    If you really felt that way then you wouldn't be so bitchy to begin with. That's sort of the point of all of this. YOU DO NOT NEED to play with them. You are CHOOSING to do so, and it is in that choice where you are at fault.

  10. #90
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,646
    Dont be so surprised there are people here even defending bots with their arguments.

    Only *insert the word who starts with a m* thinks that 35 players standing on one spot are actually real players having no clue where to go, and yeah those people are quite many.
    Blizzfanboyh4t3rforever

  11. #91
    Titan peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in England.
    Posts
    13,848
    i always gem my gear, gems are really cheap except meta. i havnt bought a meta gem yet in MoP because they are over 1k gold on my server :<

    with enchants, i do usually forget to enchant stuff. i enchant my shoulders because my main is a scribe, and always my weapon, but i usually dont bother with other bits, too much gold right now. and im not a hardcore raider so the gain is not that important.
    Signature pending

  12. #92
    Brewmaster Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    1,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Call me a bad person but I absolutlely dislike those. Yes I know that everyone had to start at some point, but that doesn't mean I have to like having them around, especially not if they mak up 2/3 or even 3/4 of my team and thus I know I might aswell throw the towel because a victory simply isn't going to happen.

    Just to top it all off, these people are mostly the worst flamers, don't even try to actually contribute and often are afk/don't do a damn. To me they're parasites leeching of the people who actually do want to play the game so they can get free items. And at what point the expansion is seems to be of no importance, these people with level gear, Cataclysm first season PvP blues with no gems/enchants and other people similar to them simply don't seem to go away, ever.



    I do understand that everyone has to start at some point. But there's 350 PvP stuff dirt cheap right from the auction house, the small gems costs 1-5 gold at most and most enchants are just as inexpensive. Yet these people can't even bother to spend such a tiny effort into upgrading their character. Maybe I'm superficial but showing so little concern about their characters possible performance and ways to increase it even though they're so easily available is merely more proof to me that these people are in fact horrible players who can't be bothered to do anything whatsoever right.

    I in all honesty loath these people to no end and I'm constantly asking myself. "WHY ARE THEY EVEN PLAYING?!". Because as soon as they leeched their blue honor gear they seem to go inactive on that character and switch onto the other whom they level by leeching battleground weekends and then go through the same process of actively harming their side by leeching items for that character aswell and so on and on...
    Tell me what server you play on with those prices? I'd love to move there. People should try and get gems and enchants but if the auction house is going to charge 1k in mats for a single enchant or gem then its not worth it. It'd be easier to leveling enchanting and jewelcrafting yourself to get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    I have a nuclear bomb. Once I detonate it, I'm shit cause I only got that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    i'm 6ft2, 30 years old, pretty fit and much stronger than your average 10 year old. even though i totally could, i don't go around punching ten year olds

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    If you really felt that way then you wouldn't be so bitchy to begin with. That's sort of the point of all of this. YOU DO NOT NEED to play with them. You are CHOOSING to do so, and it is in that choice where you are at fault.
    By joining a random BG (Wich this thread is about), you dont choose to not play with them. You even get punished if you leave the BG because you dont want to play with people that dont even take their time to gem and enchant their gear.
    The only place you can choose is in PuGs (Raids and RBG/Premade BGs), so those are out of the question, its LFR, LFD and random BGs that are the "problem", realy.

    And what I've said in this post is only that people that dont gem/enchant their gear is a pest to us who actually do. Pull your own weight before you join others, if you cant even do so - go play something else.

    And saying you dont "need" to gem or enchant your gear, try to put in resi only gems(as these dont give anything in PvE, so they are the closest to no gems at all) in your PvE gear and do a LFR. Did your dps/hps/tps change? Yes. Thats why you need to gem and enchant. It's simple logic
    Norwegian and proud if it, not really. But I am. Too bad beer and tobaco is so damn expensive here.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    You're stilling being bitter towards people not putting as much "effort" into a video game as you when you don't have to play with those people. That's the concept you and those sharing your opinion seem to fail to understand. The other people don't OWE you anything any more than you OWE them. They are there for their own personal reasons and they aren't required any entry to participate beyond what they've already paid, which is Blizzard money and the time invested to level.

    If you honestly have such a problem with that design, you should do one of several things.

    1. Create your own game.
    2. Join Blizzards development team and make a change.
    3. Send constant emails, tweets, flying squirrels, or telepathic messages to Blizzard informing them they needs to fix this to your standards.
    4. OR, as it is so quaintly put for the PVE crowd who has complaints about things which are "equally wrong" on their side, quit.

    But the notion that you're in a position to dictate "expectations" or "requirements" for others to partake of the game at your level isn't unreasonable, it's idiotic and childish.

    The summation of this whole topic is that while there ARE options for PvP enthusiast to actually do what they want on EQUAL footing already; it apparently requires too much effort. Which makes you're entire attempt at an argument the pure definition of HYPOCRISY.
    Or you could turn all that shit around and say, you can waste peoples time, but please do so to your friends/family/whatever, and not to strangers... a.k.a go RGB with people you know and waste their time..

  15. #95
    Scarab Lord Jevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where the Monocles live.
    Posts
    4,316
    I love them! It's so much fun to oneshot or AoE an entire group of them! The feeling when you BW+Stampede and the pets are eating up every single one of them. They try to run, pet is too quick and catches up and ruins their sorry asses. <3

    BG= Bad group, it's in the name, just enjoy yourself.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Tell me what server you play on with those prices? I'd love to move there. People should try and get gems and enchants but if the auction house is going to charge 1k in mats for a single enchant or gem then its not worth it. It'd be easier to leveling enchanting and jewelcrafting yourself to get them.
    If you play on a server where even cut superior gems go for 1000g then level a JC, read up on how to ore shuffle and what addons to use and make a mint. My server economy is terrible because it was flooded with mats and now since the ghost iron nerf it has dried up. Cut superior gems go for 20g on the low end and 250g on the high end depending on demand or if anyone is trying to control the market that day. Enchants range from 50 to 300g for lesser ones and a couple thousand for the rep ones. I make 14-15K gold a day spending about 30 minutes prospecting and cutting gems and selling them. If gems were going for 1000g a pop, I'd have several gold capped toons by now.

    This is why I can never stand people who don't take the time to maintain their gear. If you play in a seller's market, become a seller. The more things cost on the AH the more profit there is to be made off them. It is not a huge time investment researching the methods and doing the shuffle and you get the benefit of never having to worry about gold again.

  17. #97
    Yeah, on EU Outland Alliance it cost like 100 gold to gem your whole gear in green gems. And all from 500-2000 gold to get the better ones. Enchants are just as cheap.
    Not sure what daily quests give, but you can easily earn 500g a day by only doing those.
    And if you got a proffesion, you can even earn some thousand gold each day.

    So gold is not a problem, it's the attitude of those we, who actually gem and enchant our gear, have to carry trough all the random group finding things.
    So yes - I still stand by the fact that those are the pest of this game. Even worse than bots (I've seen many bots that does alot more than players in this game, but thats another thread/subject).
    Norwegian and proud if it, not really. But I am. Too bad beer and tobaco is so damn expensive here.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    And they are perfect examples of human garbage. The damn balls on these people to not care about GEAR in the right way. If only they understood how important GEAR was.



    ...... Do some of you even think about what you're posting?
    Yes we are thinking about what we're writing. You can expect most people here to actually have underwent those oh so great trouble of optimizing their character or at least take the minimum effort to actually contribute towards their teams victory. Something you're not doing. You're in fact admitting that you're a leech, that you're living of other peoples efforts without contributing anything at. Hell you actually think it's funny and great that other people have to carry you through.

    It's like living of welfare, while pointing finger at the people actually going to work laughing at them. Living in a house that's more akin to a garbage dump, the whole garden littered with junk and comitting all kind of small time crimes just for the heck if it. That's about where people displaying this kind of behavior would be at irl. You wanted a better analogy, you got one.

    No ammount of denying it will change a damn about it. Because that's exactly what you're doing ingame.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Don't bother. WoW is a job and a way of life for these people. They're offended that anyone doesn't take it as seriously, and conclude they must be worse players to make themselves feel better. As soon as PvP gives income, or all gems and enchants can be purchased with honor, I'll agree that everyone should have gems and enchants. Until then, I don't blame anyone for not wasting thousands of gold in our inflated AH. And this is coming from someone who's always gemmed and enchanted all honor and arena gear.
    Yeah because not joining a battleground with items from the previous expansion, spending a few dozen gold on gems and enchants and in general caring about your gear totaly makes you a nerd without rl for whom WoW is work.

    Your arguments are hollow and plain wrong. Nobody is expecting you to enchant your 463 weapon with jade spirit or put the most expensive gems into your gear. And don't bother with the whole "GREEN GEMS ARE SO EXPENSIVE" BS, we all know it isn't true. You get green gems thrown at you till you scream stop and then some more for good measure.
    Last edited by Deleth; 2012-12-11 at 01:55 PM.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    You know gems and enchants can only make you better, right?
    I said it's not like that having gems and enchants is going to make your team win. I didn't say anything about not making you 'better' though I think that is a bunch of BS also especially when everybody is saying 'at least put a green gem in it!' If you have a couple people beating on you it may take 2 seconds to kill you. If you have gems and enchants it may take 2.5 seconds to kill you. Hardly a big deal. If this was PVE I'd say it would be a good increase in dps and all that but in PvP when you are in a BG and have a bunch of people beating on you even the best gems and echants will hardly make you survive any longer. BG's are rarely 1v1 where it may make a difference.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I said it's not like that having gems and enchants is going to make your team win. I didn't say anything about not making you 'better' though I think that is a bunch of BS also especially when everybody is saying 'at least put a green gem in it!' If you have a couple people beating on you it may take 2 seconds to kill you. If you have gems and enchants it may take 2.5 seconds to kill you. Hardly a big deal. If this was PVE I'd say it would be a good increase in dps and all that but in PvP when you are in a BG and have a bunch of people beating on you even the best gems and echants will hardly make you survive any longer. BG's are rarely 1v1 where it may make a difference.
    So you're saying that about 3600 PvP power got nothing to say? Because thats what you get from gemming full PvP power in all your slots. Hell, be BS and gain 4320 PvP power. Thats almost the same as an extra weapon.

    Now say again: Gems got nothing to say
    Norwegian and proud if it, not really. But I am. Too bad beer and tobaco is so damn expensive here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •