Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't gem or enchant blue gear or below. I realize Blizzard expects us to appreciate rare quality gear, but I refuse.

I don't gem/enchant/re-forge etc anything less than epics.
    cokloc's videos: on WeGame.com on YouTube.com

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Did you hurt yourself falling off the bad comparison bus?

There is a stark comparison between Raiding and Arena just as there is another between LFD and BGS. It could be argued that there is a conceptual social contract you agree to when doing Raiding/Arena to those who you are actively participating with. However, much of that argument doesn't hold two both the design and or community with the latter. I've very rarely inspected someone's gear outside of checking to make sure I wasn't needing on an upgrade for them in LFD. Other than that, it's been years since I've cared about their enchant/gem situation. LFD is a stepping stone and I don't expect people to waste time and or money optimizing for a stepping stone.

That ideology directly translates to my opinion on Random BGS. You're free to bitch all you want about people screwing up your ratings in Arena and Rated Bgs. However, the idea that you or others are pissy because they aren't taking it as "seriously" as you do is nothing more than conjecture. You have an option to play "serious" and at a more directed skill level. You not taking it is your problem, not everyone-else.

http://youtu.be/abWi8RiR7FU
    When you play an MMO you have a character who can also be referred to as your avatar. It is a reflection upon yourself in a way. If you choose to leech in BGs because you can justify it as "fitting within the design parameters" that's fine - we can have that argument if you want. Either way, to be so careless about your team mates and so blatantly accept putting zero effort into your toon it reflects poorly upon you.

Basically, what I'm saying is, you have no honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Free gems and enchants to everyone in my guild, so thats's no problem :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    If it bothers you that bad, give them the thousands of gold they will need to fully gem and enchant. If not, get over it.
    Stop being an idiot. Gems are under 10g. Not the best gems, but uncommon ones. Almost no enchants cost more than 1-200g and a lot are way less than that. It does not take 'thousands of gold' to put in decent stuff. Top level everything? Yeah, that's a lot of money. But if you were paying attention you would have noticed that's not what OP is saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    usually when i see someone rip on someone with crap gear, ungemmed, and unenchanted. i watch everything he does/scoreboards and rip on him for how bad he ussualy is at the game.. "oh hey look at me with full pvpgear and 0 victory points daa derp" "oh hey look and me in full pvp gear standing on nooob hill daa derp" "oh hey look at me fighting for the flag with 1 base daaaaaa derpppppp"

these people are usualy the armchair generals. the ones that complain that their faction loses every Bg but doesnt see the common theme in all his loses .. himself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacotruck View Post
    I hate it when I am on a freshly leveled guy and have terrible PvP gear. I feel like I am dragging my team down but I have no other option to get better gear.

I at least do my best to have enchants and gems in stuff even if I know I am going to be replacing it soon, and I try to do the things others don't really want to do in a game like watch nodes that don't have a lot of action. I at least can survive a little while and call out for help.

It is the people who have a bad attitude towards playing as a team who really bug me, geared or not, and more often than not having badly gemmed and enchanted gear is a sign of a bad attitude. They just don't care about contributing or their effect on their teammates.
    Same for me. In fact on a freshly dinged char I only queueu for TB/WG because it's free honor every few hours on Horde side as there isn't any Alliance to contest it till I eventually get to the point where I can actually contribute towards my teams victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'd rather take a player who's character is naked but he calls out incs, cc's healers/enemies targetting our healer than players in full malevolent who sit in mid getting farmed by the other team.
    Both aren't very nice to have around. The second one however at least takes up the enemy team's attention and controlling the middle in WG/TP goes a long way to actually winning. Someone in bad gear is going to die and do so fast. I myself killed these people as a shaman healer without much effort. They simply can't contribute on the long run except for some odd people like a rogue keeping people from tapping with headnut.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    It actually isn't noticeable at all. 5 dps hitting me with no healers = dead. 5 dps hitting me with a couple healers = alive. That is regardless of gems or enchants. It has been that way since the beginning. I've hardly ever bothered to gem and enchant pvp gear and I've been top heals or top dps or top flag returns many times. Hell, I've even done that with no pvp gear at all. You guys like to make much ado about nothing with probably no experience behind your statements.
    Congratulation beating 6-7 bots run by people even more lazy then you. You might not notice if people actually have proper gear, I do. It goes a long way of keeping them alive in situation they otherwise would've died. All those damn close situations? With proper gear you most likely would've survived (and if only a little bit longer).

Deleted
    Had a guy with a name along the lines of "Madmandkswe" the other day in a pug - needless to say he was doing 24k dps, no gems, no enchants and agility gear. People need to pay attention to the game a bit more, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't gem or enchant blue gear or below. I realize Blizzard expects us to appreciate rare quality gear, but I refuse.
    Well, why not just put the green quality gems in blue gear? cost about 100g to get the full gear gemmed, so pretty much no excuse for it (And it gives you a huge stat boost)

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    It actually isn't noticeable at all. 5 dps hitting me with no healers = dead. 5 dps hitting me with a couple healers = alive. That is regardless of gems or enchants. It has been that way since the beginning. I've hardly ever bothered to gem and enchant pvp gear and I've been top heals or top dps or top flag returns many times. Hell, I've even done that with no pvp gear at all. You guys like to make much ado about nothing with probably no experience behind your statements.
    So you're saying, that 3600 resilience/pvp power got nothing to say? You do know you pretty much say you have no need to upgrade any gear for many seasons, right? I posted a link here, about the difference from Dreadful to Malevolent - and it's a tiny upgrade of a total of 175 pvp resilience from full set (Without offpieces). No compare those 175 resilience to the 3600 you'd get from gemming your gear. See how big of a deal it is?

Edit: Added link to the set comparison
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...56:84876:84922
    Last edited by Noxina; 2012-12-12 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore