Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Its the class not the spec

I could be wrong but it seems to me (if you believe the simcraft etc) that it isn't broken specs that are hindering hunter dmg at the moment but rather the class itself.

The reason i think this is that the simulations put all hunter specs within a 5% top dmg deviation. However all of these are fairly low when compared to other classes.

So i don't believe MM for example is broken like alot of people believe I think Hunter's are slightly in need of a small push that boosts the class as a whole.

And their are still too many bloody buttons!

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    in our 25 man im not seeing much diff between classes since mages got nerfed. I think SPs are in a worst place than us as are ele shamans.

As I said I could be wrong, but I just see Hunters in a worse place then earlier this expansion. Certainly in PvP. I agree arena dmg was too high pre 5.1 but the unfortunate nerf has meant that in BG's its all going to pot!

In pvp I take your word for it as I don't do much of it. For raiding though I disagree. Since the recent hotfixes me and the other two hunters in my raid have been very strong. Topping the meters in some fights that aren't cleave fights.

I agree with the buttons. I feel that blizzard realizes this though and can hopefully do something about it. I think its mostly the talents that push it over. If we had some viable passive choices that would be awesome. I'm hoping that since lynx rush has been getting tuned that this bleed change is a bandaid until they can swap it for some type of passive talent in an upcoming patch.
    Last edited by stewiefied; 2012-12-10 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    I raid casually 2 Times/week and have only cleared MsV and 3 bosses in HoF (10 man). I am top 3 on every fight. Elegon yesterday i was second with 130k (SV) only beaten by our SP that did 3k more then me. I am satisfied atleast.

If you're in a hardcore raiding guild, you're probably outperformed pretty easily. Those people know their classes. If you put a group of people like that together, a hunter won't fair too well against them even when played correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Boshtastic View Post
    I could be wrong but it seems to me (if you believe the simcraft etc) that it isn't broken specs that are hindering hunter dmg at the moment but rather the class itself.

The reason i think this is that the simulations put all hunter specs within a 5% top dmg deviation. However all of these are fairly low when compared to other classes.

So i don't believe MM for example is broken like alot of people believe I think Hunter's are slightly in need of a small push that boosts the class as a whole.

And their are still too many bloody buttons!
    Hunters should be fine now with the SrS and the attack power buffs.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tariz View Post
    If you're in a hardcore raiding guild, you're probably outperformed pretty easily. Those people know their classes. If you put a group of people like that together, a hunter won't fair too well against them even when played correctly
    Not true. If you have a movement fight (but not multi-add, like will of emperor), hunters should be one of the top DPS. Our biggest advantage now, that we have really the same DPS while moving and while standing. And given that we have almost no patchwerk fight in this content, it should be a big relative dmg boost (and more if you count some situations where a hunter can dmg and no other class can. Like on wind lord HC during Blade Tempest)

Deleted
    Hunters are bad for pvp or pve, which is good actually, as Blizzard always over nerfs and over buffs classes, so hunters will be OP very soon, probably in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    Hunters are bad for pvp or pve, which is good actually, as Blizzard always over nerfs and over buffs classes, so hunters will be OP very soon, probably in 5.2.
    What? Hunters are in a great spot atm in pve. No repercussions for movement as well as multidot capabilities and our dps is great.

Deleted
    I want Volley back.
    Volley AND Barrage or Volley or Barrage.
    Maybe a glyph to switch Barrage to the Volley graphics?

OT:
    I think Hunter's are fine.
    With the change to Cobra Shot, we have it so much more easier now.
    Last edited by mmoc851eedbfae; 2012-12-11 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    I want Volley back.
    Volley AND Barrage or Volley or Barrage.
    Maybe a glyph to switch Barrage to the Volley graphics?

OT:
    I think Hunter's are fine.
    With the change to Cobra Shot, we have it so much more easier now.
    What change specifically? Not sure if I saw anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    What change specifically? Not sure if I saw anything.
    I basicly mean moving and casting Cobra/Steady/Aimed.
    It gives us much more freedom, without the loss of damage. [Aspect of the Fox]

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    I basicly mean moving and casting Cobra/Steady/Aimed.
    It gives us much more freedom, without the loss of damage. [Aspect of the Fox]
    Oh i see, didn't think you meant that change when you said cobra shot, my bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Oh i see, didn't think you meant that change when you said cobra shot, my bad.
    No worries, I could've been talking about some kind of ninja buff/fix you didn't read about, my bad for being vague. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    id agree were terrible. please reroll and leave some space for the rest of us im enjoying my hunter now. i think initially gears a big issue and once geared were competitive.

Deleted
    I'm finding my Hunter pretty boring since MoP, not quite sure why, but prior I had a blast. The change to being able to cast SS/CS on the move has improved my enjoyment slightly, but I feel like there's something still missing.

The difference between a good hunter and an average hunter make up a tonne of DPS. If you're not doing everything correctly you will see major repercussions on the DPS meters which are very easy to pick out in WoL in buffs/debuffs gained/cast.

i know my new guild was working on heroic will for a week, they needed a hunter badly, they invited me and we killed will. Hunters have fights like heric will where we will never be high on the meter, however very few classes can soak sparks like a hunter.

Deleted
    Biggest problem with hunters is imo the blatent lack of ulility, especially in 10 mans.

Hybrids are far superior to hunters or rogues or even mages, in MOST encounters. Their flexibly is just far too strong. It helps a ton if you know that you have another raid cooldown ready, if you need it. It helps a ton if you know that you have lineup which can adapt fairly easy by just letting the hybrids respec.

Pure DPS just falls behind in that, as we dont deal more damage than hybrids anymore but offer less raid utility. This is a blatant oversight by blizzard, atleast in my book.

Ele shamans MIGHT not deal the best damage, but they offer tons of utility and if you add the damage from stormleash totem to them, they basically deal more damage than a hunter...