High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Gearing Guides/Class Guides

Does anyone know where to find updated (past 2-3 months) gear and/or class guides? Everything I find seems to be terribly out of date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, the websites that 'used to' house guides for classes haven't been updated in some time. Most up to date guides are player ran and are pretty rare/hard to find.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I noticed :/.

Just came back to SWTOR and finished leveling my JK Guardian and wanted to find out the quickest way to gear up as of now. I guess I'll go back to my trial and error method.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astounded View Post
    Yeah I noticed :/.

Just came back to SWTOR and finished leveling my JK Guardian and wanted to find out the quickest way to gear up as of now. I guess I'll go back to my trial and error method.
    Do dailies and FPs until your eyes bleed. Seriously not joking. If you are a subscriber, or have the epic equipment authorization, it won't take you much time at all to get gear from running random FPs all day.

Also, lots of artifact quality mods are available on the AH for not much if you have a pile of credits. Just pop those in some orange gear and you're getting better by the second.

Deleted
    I think these are the best out there for TOR;
    http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/
    http://www.darthhater.com/.
    I've not really had an indepth look myself so I can't point to the specific articles etc. but what I have seen has been very useful.

Sorry if you've already looked through these and I can't be more specific and but they are the only sites I've seen that are regularly updated.

Found this;
    http://dulfy.net/2012/11/28/swtor-da...earing-in-1-5/
    Last edited by mmoc53c2ae6845; 2012-12-10 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Found a link

Deleted
    http://www.noxxic.com/

Sorry for short post but he has some good classes guides

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Althire View Post

I know for Arsenal Mercs, the noxxic guide is out dated even though its saying its 'up to date'. I don't know how it is for other guides but if one guide is wrong its not too crazy to think that others are wrong too.

Noxxic raises some red flags for me just because of how incredibly copy/pasted everything on that site is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

mmo-mechanics.com

alive discussions to bis and dps compendiums for most classes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Althire View Post

According to this site theres an Augment with 18 Expertease and 10 power! - Ive not seen that, but going to look for it tonight!

ta

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I know for Arsenal Mercs, the noxxic guide is out dated even though its saying its 'up to date'. I don't know how it is for other guides but if one guide is wrong its not too crazy to think that others are wrong too.
    Mara, is a bit hit n miss, its got the basics right but thats about it - its a basic guide but best advise is find a player thats awsome and talk to them in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    mmo-mechanics.com

alive discussions to bis and dps compendiums for most classes
    I get a headache every time I look at that site

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    I get a headache every time I look at that site
    MMO-Mechanics has become deluded over the months for SWTOR. Lately it has just been a bunch of people flexing their epeens trying to claim that *their* way is better, and rather arguing with facts and mathematical solutions, people argue with opinions and strong bias. I used to be an active member on that site until I realized that I could do better work on my own with the help of community members.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be an active member on that site until I realized that I could do better work on my own with the help of community members.
    Let me help you dust your shoulder off sir j/k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Let me help you dust your shoulder off sir j/k
    Well... until people troll me then it becomes unproductive

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... until people troll me then it becomes unproductive
    Aww there there. I found your research quite helpful, since I also play a Merc. Definitely more reliable than sites like noxxic for SWTOR. I still remember when it was saying hit was waaay overvalued. I had like 115% or something ridiculous, then dropped down just under 100 and boosted my power by a ton. Yeah, significant improvement for dps.

askmrrobot used to be better, don't know if it still is. It does weird things for WoW, so I don't think you can really trust any of those sites 100%. Always good when you have a math soldier like yourself to make things easy on the rest of us.

The thing to keep in mind is, sites that have guides for every class and spec (and this goes across games) tend to be really good for a first introduction and to get a good basic understanding of how things work. But if you want a more indepth understand you need to find something more indepth (that actually goes into the whys of things).

There are some fairly up to date guides on the swtor.com site, you just have to do a search for them

MMO-Mechanics has become deluded over the months for SWTOR. Lately it has just been a bunch of people flexing their epeens trying to claim that *their* way is better, and rather arguing with facts and mathematical solutions, people argue with opinions and strong bias. I used to be an active member on that site until I realized that I could do better work on my own with the help of community members.
    I'm not an old member on that site but I haven't seen any epeens around there recently.

Deleted
    http://www.sithspecs.com/
    This site is rather good for your sith specs and guides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I'm not an old member on that site but I haven't seen any epeens around there recently.
    Maybe they changed their ways... which would be for the best.