Thread: Old world bugs

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Old world bugs

Will they ever be fixed?

Just last night I was doing quests in Ashenvale on my alliance Druid and that place where you find that huge spiked goblin bomb that blows up that Druid school on top of that big rig thing is all bugged up. The spawn points for some goblins are messed up like some are bugged inside of the rig so you can't even attack them nor can they even see you. The one foreman boss guy spawns in the air and falls to the ground and there's no way up to accept the quest for the bomb. I searched for like 10-15 minutes trying to find a way up and I couldn't so that made me think that even a platform that holds the bomb is missing which is why that foreman goblin keeps spawning in the air. So I had to just give up and move on. Also another bug I noticed is when I was flying from Darnassus to Stardust Spire in Ashenvale, just before I would land in Stardust Spire it would come up with a loading screen (just like how it would when you would fly a zeppelin or ride a ship to a different continent) and then it would port me to Astranaar forcing me to take a flight path again to Stardust Spire.

These weren't the only old world bugs I've run into, I came across a couple of other in the past but I don't remember exactly what they were anymore. Will Blizzard ever fix these bugs? I guess the answer would be of course they will but then my other question would be, how long would it take? or where would something like this be on their priority list of things to fix? It was rather annoying trying to quest with all these bugs popping up and also ruins the immersion when questing. Has anyone else had these problems while questing in the old world?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-12-10 at 04:30 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Surely... cataclysm bugs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    The second bug has happened to Pandaria too. Twice so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a new bug, for sure, since I've done those quests 5 or 6 times now before MoP came out. Put in a ticket.

there's a similar bug in Townlong. Flying out to the Shado-pan daily hub grounds you at the FP right before the Shado-pan questing hub and a loading screen appears. I've started only flying to this FP now and no loading screen crap, and saving 1g off the FP as a result as well. Not sure what its about but its new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Surely... cataclysm bugs?
    No, I've done this quest before back in Cataclysm and everything worked out fine no bugs at all. I think these bugs came after MoP or maybe even the new patch that just came out like a week ago.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    No, I've done this quest before back in Cataclysm and everything worked out fine no bugs at all. I think these bugs came after MoP or maybe even the new patch that just came out like a week ago.
    It does not sound like any Ashenvale quest I remember from the old world, I'm pretty certain it's a cataclysm quest.