Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I always wanted a healing class, and priests were - to me - the purest healer ... so I made one and never looked back!

Deleted
    I had tried warrior and druid and rogue but liked the rogue playstyle in lower levels, so rolled that. I should have rolled druid or warrior instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a long standing tradition for me, starting with "shinning force" to make my first toon in any similar game a male human warrior named Tzcy. (i'm female and so are most my other toons). started in BC and went tank at 70 since they were in short supply. have never went back. love my warrior tank.
    at this point i have most classes to max level.. but he will always be my main.

I started out with my warrior back in Vanilla and burning crusade. Once Wotlk rolled around, it was roller coaster of swaps between my dk and warrior and this continued through cataclysm. I started out cataclysm with my warrior but ended it with the dk as the dk's tanking at the end of dragon soul heroic was just laughably easy. Now i'm on full time with my death knight and I've barley even logged onto my warrior. I probably wouldn't mind playing my warrior as an alt again, but i absolutely hate leveling and i pushed for a realm first Death knight on Moonrunner US and i feel like its burnt me out of leveling so much that i wont do it again lol. I'm also strictly dps which is nuts cause ive tanked since vanilla, guess some people gotta change! Here's my Death Knight

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Ruck/advanced
    Cheers everyone and happy holidays!

Deleted
    When I started playing WoW my boyfriend made me a tauren warrior, and he made himself a tauren hunter. But I was jealous of all his shooting, and that i had to run to the mob seemed so slow. So the next day I made this troll hunter (that is my main now, but night elf these days) and I leveled it up myself, and I've loved it since then. Tho I really sucked at hunter in the beginning, didn't have a pet until i was level 15, hahaha! Just because I wanted that specific Zevhra that I couldn't even tame when I got to that level. HAHAH.

Marx, a paladin during vanilla, though i created my paladin during tbc ending to the begining of wrath,

My first "main" was a shaman, had him from vanillia to cata after that i went to my pally full time

Started my shaman thanks to ioneye during vanilla after watching a video of his

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks were very OP back then, got sick of dying to them, decided to roll one to see how it really was... never changed since.

Deleted
    Dwarf Hunter, cause dwarves are cool and hunter sounds cool I've since made some form of hunter first in every game I could since I just like ranged combat that isn't magic.

Deleted
    Had a NE rogue back when i started in vanilla. Later in tbc i made a gnome female rogue that has stuck with me ever since. Stealth is probably one of the main reasons i rolled a rogue to begin with.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healer for me -- always. Looking at squared boxes might not seem like fun, but to me it is. A mini-game while playing a game and avoiding stuff around said grid. Thinking outside the box method. Anyway, I started in EQ as Cleric and moved to WoW at the end of the closed beta with mates. Rolled a priest on Medivh. Re-rolled druid, shelving the priest during BC.

The reason I re-rolled because of what the druid class brought. Having all roles in one was... interesting to me. What really inspired me to roll my druid was D2 and shape shifting. That's the number one thing I love about it. I've dabbled in other healer specs, but not one comes close to it. Though Mistweaver has and a new main might be in order. However I stuck with my druid and have no plans of switching my main, nor my spec or role. It's simple as this: my druid has everything I want.

Deleted
    Purely on whims, I never gave it any real thought.

Literally just googled "easiest leveling class" and saw hunter so I picked it. Didn't expect I'd still be playing it 4 years later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had always wanted to try a Priest out in Vanilla but was too wrapped up in my Paladin. When TBC came out my friends switched to Horde, so I thought it'd be a great chance on a new race and class. Pretty much since then I've been playing my Shadow Priest.

Deleted
    Always loved elves, found the high elves of Warcraft and their ludicrous eye-brows fascinating since WC3. TBC rolled around and it was revealed that Thalassian elves would be playable. I was on that like a hungry cat! And then I chose to roll a ret paladin because I had no idea of the stigma surrounding pally DPS at the time and, at the time, they were the only class among blood elves that could run around hitting stuff with a two-hand weapon.

This pic in the TBC page screenshots sealed the deal for me:

Picked horde since my friend played there.
    Took undead because i thought the will of the forsaken sounded cool.
    Picked warlock, since it sounded like fun. Master of dark arts, strong class and a need for it in the raid my friend played in.
    I came in, in the guild at lvl 42, which was when i started powerleveling up with an entire lvl at day. <.<
    Hit 60, and came pretty much instantly into the raid, since a lock was still needed.
    Had him as main up to Cataclysm, where we had 4 locks in a 10-man raid, so i switched to feral druid. Loved that, but still played my lock a lot :P
    Later on i had to tank sometimes when one of the tanks wasn't there, and druidtanking was insanely boring.
    So switched to DK, and ended up tanking fulltime.
    My lock is only lvl 89 now, and i kinda miss being able to rip things apart with him. Feels wronga bit unfaithfull to play another class.
    Never would if it hasn't been needed.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

In late classic / early TBC: Warlock because I loved the warcraft III scourge, and that undead warlocks were the closest thing to that.

Mid-late TBC / Wrath: Paladin, because I enjoyed being able to run my friends through low level dungeons as prot, and then discovered the joys of tanking

Cataclysm: I was getting tired with the game so I decided to have a complete paradigm shift and go heals. Went with a druid because treeform.

Mists: Saw the monk at Blizzcon, noted that the brewmaster was the tanking spec, decided to rawk one. I was growing tired of healing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gekkegerrit View Post
    Well I got no idea to be honest all my alli chars are Dworf (exception of shaman) and all my horde chars are Undead. I guess I just like the movements and cast animations of them
    I'm exactly the same. All my alliance chars are dwarves and horde are undead. My main, the dwarf priest, was the first character I created and stuck with him ever since, mostly as a healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    I'm just curious why you picked your main?

My wife picked a Draenei Fury Warrior for her first character and has stuck with it ever since (has a couple alts she slowly levels but sticks to her warrior). She just enjoys charging and leaping into fights with reckless abandon.

Right now my main is my Gnome Frost DK (although I change mains fairly often). Tried a few times to level a DK and could never do it till I rolled Gnome, just love the little wrecking ball. Also my guild needs Tanks more than healers (I'd prefer to heal but we have a ton of healers already), so having a tanking OS is handy and probably the reason I jump on my DK for most of my guild's group content.
    I actually dont have 1 main! Got 2Mains, 1 alt and alot of Trash alts

Mains are Hunter(Survival or MM), and my Enha sham. Alt is a Ret pala.

Why? Because i love their gameplay, and their gamestyle, and there are ALWAYS something you can do, to perform a little better.

Tho i got every class ingame at 85 - 90. But thats trash alts i only use for Professions (lies, my monk is still 21)

It has been Hunter since Vanilla, and Enha sham since the very beginning of TBC.
    And they have both followed me since

My original main in TBC was an undead warlock, as I liked the concept of a dark, distrusted character who basically harnessed and manipulated the powers of evil in order to fight evil.

However, I tend to prefer melee to ranged, so later on my DK ended up becoming my main, as he fit the same concept as the warlock, except, as a melee toon.

wanted a Female NE mage when i was reading the manual before actually installing the game when it was released, noticed i couldnt do it so rolled a human female, being the only thing close to attractive and easy on the eyes available at the time (gnomes yuk).

Then draeneis came out and rerolled Draenei for that beautiful wiggly bottom.

Always loved mages, all games i play always go for a mage first (rogue second)
    Guess it started when gf introduced me to D&D (yes, yes a girl playing it, wtf i know right) which was.... 2002? 3e or 3.5e? 3e i think.
    Anyway, and mage was a class that required more thought into it, due to all the different spells, circumstantial utility and needing preparation.
    In WoW, well, it had a lot of nice cantrips which were slowly removed out of the game (yay, blizzard's definition of fun(tm) is to remove anything that doesnt do MEGA-DAMAGE and give more MEGA DAMAGE SPELLZ, hurr)

Anyway, yes, mage for its glass cannon, high risk-high reward playstyle.
    Sadly then they messed everything up sooo just went with shaman (again wiggly bottom draenei) aaand then they decided... yeah.
    So nothing atm, world of tanks and soase.
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2012-12-11 at 02:06 PM.