Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    half hour queues as a healer.... yeah... they're getting longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The other difference is that normal and hard mode raids go significantly faster as your group gets in repetitions and gears up, whereas LFR runs usually go slower as time progresses because the geared people stop showing and the experienced people stop coming. So the actual gear to time investment in LFR becomes worse as you go, while the gear to time of organized raiding goes up.
    I'm not seeing LFR going more slowly. I think the average gear level of those running it is still going up.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Dps tue times have gone up.
    Healer ques are 0-2 minutes or it was some weeks ago, but guess the schould still be around that mark.

I personally dropped going into lfr with my holy paladin alt after i got the plate helm 3 weeks in a row from elegon and i got the healing cloak 3 weeks in a row from the dogs and to make matters worse i already had the 489 sha-do pan cloak.
    The loot system just felt incredibly retarded and thus made LFR feel like a giant waste of time.
    Last edited by mmoc30cfcfeceb; 2012-12-15 at 10:49 PM.

Most likely a lot of people don't need much loot there anymore. Even if you're in a guild that's just full normal mode and maybe a few heroic bosses downed you won't need much or anything anymore, so fewer people do it.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't notice post-patch, but today specifically, I ahven't been able to get in LFR at all. The first time I waited for 55 Min before I got fed up and left. Now I'm in queue for 1 Hr 17 Min already. Still no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I didn't notice post-patch, but today specifically, I ahven't been able to get in LFR at all. The first time I waited for 55 Min before I got fed up and left. Now I'm in queue for 1 Hr 17 Min already. Still no go.
    What role are you queuing as?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's pretty annoying.

Pre patch: 4-10 mins as DPS.
    Post patch: 30-60 mins

Deleted
    i always hear my guildies going on about how they have to wait an hour or 2 but me personally have never gone past 30mins so its a bit strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    The loot system just felt incredibly retarded and thus made LFR feel like a giant waste of time.
    To be honest: I hate the new loot system. But the old one was just as bad.
    You always had different people so basically always everyone had need anyway making it extremely unlikely to even get loot as a cloth DPS.

When it comes to gearing a character, LFR always was a waste of time.

I would suggest using openraid chat to grab a few people for a LFR run. Tuesdays I am able to get an almost full group with a few minute wait for some dps. Weird though cause last Tuesday my group waited three mins for 2 dps o.0?

Yerp.. for healer 10 sec-1 minute before.. now regularly up to 5 minutes. My guess is tanks becoming enough geared, and alting is so painful in MoP (in all other expansions I've had 3-4 max levels by now.. but now only have time to play on main because of all dailies that needs to be done).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are more raids to q for so people arent in q for the same raids this makes the wait longer. Imagine a stick of butter spread on 4 slices of bread then imagine the same stick of butter spread over 8 slices. You get less butter on each slice and it takes longer to get em buttered up.

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    They should allow healers to choose whether to get items from the DPS or the healing pool. This solves the issue instantly.

Why? Raiding healers get items from their raiding groups and use LFR to gear a DPS offspec. There are very few non-raiding healers, as healing LFR is incredibly boring.

If I can choose to gear my offspec by queuing as a healer I'll do it for sure because of the instant queues. And since I won't be alone in this, the queue times will shorten at least 3-4 times for DPS as well.
    The funny thing is, even as a healer on my alt I often get 10 minute queues just waiting for the other healers.. When I got to 90 on my priest, I was like wooohooo instant LFRs... but then I watched that 4/6 healer number never change for 10 minutes LOL. The funny thing is.. LFR is so easy that I just dps anyway (atonement).. my disc priest plays almost exactly the same as an arcane mage...

I suspect you will see the que times spike as we get further into things. People don't NEED the gear from it so they'll be queing less and less imo

Quote Originally Posted by Marique77 View Post
    I suspect you will see the que times spike as we get further into things. People don't NEED the gear from it so they'll be queing less and less imo
    I never understood this.. yes, people will be queing less and less. but the problem is all about ´proportions´ of who is queing.. the problem, and solution will be figuring out why healers are proportionally queing less now than before. If you have 10000 people queing and 1000 of them are healers, ques should be no different than if you have 1000 people queing and 100 of them are healers.

I think one of the problems is the perception that healing LFR is difficult on alts... it is not, nor do you need good gear. With the exception of Galaron for 2 weeks, every boss in LFR is mostly faceroll now. You can still wipe, and even when you don´t, stupid DPS are going to die.. but for the most part, there isn´t anything you can do in either case. If you wipe, it is usually because the tanks messed up, and there is no way you can recover. DPS are going to stand in stupid and die, but really there is nothing you can do to save them.. let them die so you don´t waste heals on them for the next 2 minutes. When tanks aren´t screwing up, LFR is very very easy to heal, in fact, if you are a monk or priest, you can dps most of the time. I would never take an undergeared tank into LFR, or tank unless I knew the fights.. but you can basically cheat the ilvl requirments and go into LFR blind as a healer and be ok.

If the devs are intending people to run old LFRs to catch up in later tiers, this may not be a good sign.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If the devs are intending people to run old LFRs to catch up in later tiers, this may not be a good sign.
    Indeed. If you have to complete every segment of LFR and fulfil the ilvl requirement at each stage it could take an obscene amount of time to progress. This could put off many players from playing alts.

My personal experience with LFR mirrors many replies here. My lock used to have a 15-20 min queue time for HoF and Terrace. Tonight I waited for 49 minutes for Terrace to pop.

With regards to healers, I have three at 90. My pally is the only one with the ilvl to run HoF onwards. I have been trying to get both my druid and priest geared up but it just isn't happening. This is quite frustrating. I imagine that I will get to the stage where LFR just doesn't appeal anymore.

Simple Reason.

Tanks and Healers - usually they are aiming for guild raid progression unlike DPS which has far more casual players will often do LFR in the first day and/or have become geared enough they are now queing for DPS which only further inflates the problem. Another problem is that Druids and Monks will try to avoid bad tank trinkets as DPS trinkets are often better for them reducing the amount of tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jetflash View Post
    Another problem is that Druids and Monks will try to avoid bad tank trinkets as DPS trinkets are often better for them reducing the amount of tanks.
    Paladin tanks have similar issues, although not so much with trinkets. With the emphasis on hit, expertise and haste or mastery, dps gear is generally more appealing to paladin tanks than traditional tank gear now. (Especially when you factor in (a) you'll probably have to pass on Ret gear in your proper raid; (b) ret gear can be used for OS too.) The most valuable thing from LFR is probably the tier tokens and you can run in any spec for them.