Deleted

Bonus Loot Roll in Raids

Got a question about the Bonus Loot Roll in normal Raids.

Since Spirit Kings only require 1 Tank and our Paladin only got Heal as his 2nd Spec I usually go Arms for that Boss. My question is...if i switch back to prot after the fight and THEN activate the Bonus Roll, can I still get the Shield or can I only get Stuff for DPS?

You get the bonus roll for the spec you are in at the time. If you switch back to prot (quickly!) you can use the roll to roll for tanking gear.

Deleted
    Thanks. I will try that out Wednesday.

I'm pretty sure that the coin roll only gets you a piece of gear your class can use, not-spec specific stuff.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the coin roll only gets you a piece of gear your class can use, not-spec specific stuff.
    It does seem to care about spec, as I've never gotten any healing gear on my tank/dps monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thinks its important to realize that you are losing one of your possible two rolls for the shield if you do the fight as dps. My guess is this boss for you is on farm so wouldn't it be better to maximize your "farming"?

Deleted
    Well, the Boss isn't really hard and we would kill it even if I was Prot. It just takes longer to kill him then and I thought there may be a possibility that i still can get the Shield.

I didn't think the LFR loot system had the ability to identify what spec you are in, but only identifies what role you queued into LFR as?, that was my understanding atleast.

Deleted
    I am talking about the normal Version...I wouldn't bother switching to Arms in lFR for that Boss. You could do it with 10 Tanks 2 Healers and 13 DPS

yeah, good point, disregard my previous post.

As far as switching spec, would that have to be done during the limited time frame in which you have to decide whether you want to use a charm, and if so, would it have already identified your spec at that point or not until you decide to roll?, that would be my question. You obviously can't change spec in combat before the boss goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    I didn't think the LFR loot system had the ability to identify what spec you are in, but only identifies what role you queued into LFR as?, that was my understanding atleast.

That is entirely incorrect. You get loot in LFR based on your spec. Our pally tank has queued as LFR dps a few times because the tank wait was too long. He dps'd in prot spec and gets prot gear.

Also, I think OP was talking about regular raids, not LFR. Would your guild not let you roll on the shield if you went dps for the fight? Who is the MT for the guild? If you are a "tank" and swap to dps for 1 tank fights you shouldn't lose the right to roll on the shield. IMHO at least.

Deleted
    It is not that I don't have the right to roll on the Shield. So far the Shield hasn't dropped and I was just wondering if I can change to Prot Spec after the Fight so I can do the Bonus Roll IN CASE the Shield won't drop.

That is entirely incorrect. You get loot in LFR based on your spec. Our pally tank has queued as LFR dps a few times because the tank wait was too long. He dps'd in prot spec and gets prot gear.
    Okay I wasn't sure about that, last I had heard, a blue had said they weren't able to identify spec as of yet, but that was a while ago.

Also, I think OP was talking about regular raids, not LFR. Would your guild not let you roll on the shield if you went dps for the fight? Who is the MT for the guild? If you are a "tank" and swap to dps for 1 tank fights you shouldn't lose the right to roll on the shield. IMHO at least.
    Yeah he was, and we established that, at which point I said to disregard my post, and He's talking about Bonus Rolls, which cannot be Masterlooted.

Yes, you can change spec (very quickly) and us your bonus roll. The roll takes into account what spec you are at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    I thinks its important to realize that you are losing one of your possible two rolls for the shield if you do the fight as dps. My guess is this boss for you is on farm so wouldn't it be better to maximize your "farming"?
    oops i was thinking LFR as well, MY BAD. Yup you should be good then.