Deleted

Corsair Force 3 SSD 6gb/s speeds

So yeah my SSD seems to of been slowing down recently and i'm not entirely sure why. In the past 3 months i've updated case/mobo/PSU/GPU and re seated my CPU.

Not entirely sure what the deal is and why it is happening, just reinstalled windows 7 64bit today and below are it's current speeds. Anything i'm missing firmware wise or anything?

Thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CrystalDiskMark 3.0.2 x64 (C) 2007-2012 hiyohiyo
    Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    * MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read : 209.820 MB/s
    Sequential Write : 102.002 MB/s
    Random Read 512KB : 201.582 MB/s
    Random Write 512KB : 89.153 MB/s
    Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 22.092 MB/s [ 5393.6 IOPS]
    Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 79.285 MB/s [ 19356.8 IOPS]
    Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 85.903 MB/s [ 20972.5 IOPS]
    Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 54.790 MB/s [ 13376.4 IOPS]

Test : 1000 MB [C: 35.3% (39.4/111.8 GB)] (x5)
    Date : 2012/12/10 18:02:13
    OS : Windows 7 Ultimate Edition SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x64)

First of all, you sure your link links to what you think it links to?

And it looks like you put the SSD into the Sata 2 connector, which would explain why you're bellow 300MB/s. But you should still be higher than 210MB/s read. Try plugging the SSD into the correct connector and run the test again.

Deleted
    Hmmm only just noticed that. It is in the 6gb/s slot according to bios and my mobo manual.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 07:39 PM ----------

It is plugged into the Grey intel Serial ATA 6.0 GB/s connector. If i plug it into the navy blue Marvell Serial ATA 6.0 GB/s it won't get picked up in bios :s

Tried ATTO benchmark and that's telling me everything is running at advertised speeds... Not sure which to trust.
    Last edited by mmoc2810eb85ec; 2012-12-10 at 08:12 PM.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Allways trust ATTO or AS-SSD.......... Crystaldiskmark is not good for testing SSD disk

Crystaldiskmark is only good for testing mechanical drives
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Sounds like it's running off a sata2 port. Just use the intel sata 3 ports instead. Do you have intel RST installed by any chance and could you provide a screenshot like this? http://i.imgur.com/O1d4h.png

Mythes like crystaldiskmark is only good for mechanical drivers is just a mythe.

Deleted
    Yeah my RST has it down as 6gb/s

Looks like everything is A-OK then. Which is nice. Trying to make sure my system is running fine for when my other 670 turns up for some SLI fun ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Yeah my RST has it down as 6gb/s

Looks like everything is A-OK then. Which is nice. Trying to make sure my system is running fine for when my other 670 turns up for some SLI fun ^_^
    Owyeahhhh :P You have the same motherboard as me p8z68-v pro gen3.. You could tell me that you know..

The marvell controllers shouldn't be used for ssds, if you don't need them just disable the marvell controller so you have a faster boot. The white ones are the intel S3 ports which are meant for ssds. If you don't use an esata hdd, just disable jmicron as well.

Once with this motherboard, my SSD was in a sata 3 port and I was getting low read&write speeds, so it pretty much was on 3Gb/s in RST and I was like wtf.. Plugging the cable out & back in didn't work at all, took the other one and was back to 6Gbps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Owyeahhhh :P You have the same motherboard as me p8z68-v pro gen3.. You could tell me that you know..

The marvell controllers shouldn't be used for ssds, if you don't need them just disable the marvell controller so you have a faster boot. The white ones are the intel S3 ports which are meant for ssds. If you don't use an esata hdd, just disable jmicron as well.

Once with this motherboard, my SSD was in a sata 3 port and I was getting low read&write speeds, so it pretty much was on 3Gb/s in RST and I was like wtf.. Plugging the cable out & back in didn't work at all, took the other one and was back to 6Gbps.
    Sorreh ^_^ Thought my sig gave it away.

Cheers for the tip on turning off the Marvell and the JMB . Probably knocked like 10 seconds off booting as i no longer have 4 windows of info before the windows logo ( which also now loads before the logo forms rather than slightly after )

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Sorreh ^_^ Thought my sig gave it away.

Cheers for the tip on turning off the Marvell and the JMB . Probably knocked like 10 seconds off booting as i no longer have 4 windows of info before the windows logo ( which also now loads before the logo forms rather than slightly after )
    No problem :P